Post Reply
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do demons get out of hell in the end?
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:44AM #21
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 10:36AM, Seefan wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 9:40AM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  





But whether or not I believe in demons or hell is not a reason to reply as you did.  Just question my beliefs. 


Actually I do believe that they exist on some level but probably not as you.


I believe they exist on the level explained in the bible.  


  I don't believe demons walk around tempting us and are some type of monsters,


Then you disagree with the bible.


although it may seem like that.  But everything negative we do or feel like doing is directly related to our own spiritual condition.


Yes, man does have a fallen nature that will sin even without the influence of the demonic.


  To me demons are our undeveloped self which cause us, or a group, to act out in very negative ways, and are the result of not developing those spiritual qualities God want of us.


As I said, tell that to the pigs that jumped into the water and drowned.  Those demons were a bit more than "our undeveloped self".   


As for hell even the writings of my faith talks about hell but not as a physical place.  It is a state of mind one find himself in as a direct result of living within and out of our character defects such as anger, fear, selfishness, deceit, lust, dishonesty and the like.  To the degree we allow such negative values in our lives is to the degree we block of our spiritual development and the farther away from God we are.  If we die in this condition we go to the next world (heaven) knowing that we are spiritual cripples because of not developing God's Will in our lives!  What worse punishment know we are far from God and it is our fault ... 


Well one thing for sure...your "doctrine" is not Cristianity. 


 





Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:45AM #22
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 10:15AM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 9:40AM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  




I believe hell is non existence.  I don't bellieve in demons and I don't think Jesus ever killed a bunch of pigs by putting demons in them.




So what?  This is a discuss christianity board.  Why are you even posting here?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:01PM #23
lope
Posts: 10,585

May 10, 2012 -- 10:45AM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 10:15AM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 9:40AM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  




I believe hell is non existence.  I don't bellieve in demons and I don't think Jesus ever killed a bunch of pigs by putting demons in them.




So what?  This is a discuss christianity board.  Why are you even posting here?





News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:15PM #24
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 1:01PM, lope wrote:



News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.




Next you'll be telling me you don't need to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:22PM #25
lope
Posts: 10,585

May 10, 2012 -- 1:15PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:01PM, lope wrote:



News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.




Next you'll be telling me you don't need to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ





I will tell you that believing the correct thing about God and Jesus is not what makes a Christian.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord but those who do what He commanded and He commanded that we love others.  He did not command that we believe the bible is inerrant.  He did not command we believe in demons.   Actually He did not command that we believe in His resurrection. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:56PM #26
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 1:22PM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:15PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:01PM, lope wrote:



News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.




Next you'll be telling me you don't need to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ





I will tell you that believing the correct thing about God and Jesus is not what makes a Christian.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord but those who do what He commanded and He commanded that we love others.  He did not command that we believe the bible is inerrant.  He did not command we believe in demons.   Actually He did not command that we believe in His resurrection. 




If you don't believe in his resurrection...then you don't believe in Jesus. 


Why? because Jesus historically rose from the dead. If you said Jesus did not, then you are following a false Jesus. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 2:45PM #27
lope
Posts: 10,585

May 10, 2012 -- 1:56PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:22PM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:15PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:01PM, lope wrote:



News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.




Next you'll be telling me you don't need to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ





I will tell you that believing the correct thing about God and Jesus is not what makes a Christian.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord but those who do what He commanded and He commanded that we love others.  He did not command that we believe the bible is inerrant.  He did not command we believe in demons.   Actually He did not command that we believe in His resurrection. 




If you don't believe in his resurrection...then you don't believe in Jesus. 


Why? because Jesus historically rose from the dead. If you said Jesus did not, then you are following a false Jesus. 





I did not deny the resurrection.  I do deny the sheep in Matt 25:31 and following had to believe in the resurrection.  They did not.  I deny the Good Samaritan had to believe in the resurrection.  He did not.  The thief on the cross did not have to believe in the resurrection.  You are creating problems and rules in Christianity that have no business being there.  How about you concentrating on what Jesus said was all that matters in aligning oneself with the will of God--love God and your neighbor?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 4:05PM #28
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 2:45PM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:56PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:22PM, lope wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:15PM, 57 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:01PM, lope wrote:



News flash--To be a Christian one does not have to belileve the Bible is inerrant, we do not have to believe in demons and we do not have to believe Jesus murdered pigs.  I know you will have a problem comprehending that, but try, because it is reality.




Next you'll be telling me you don't need to believe in the resurrection of Jesus Christ





I will tell you that believing the correct thing about God and Jesus is not what makes a Christian.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord but those who do what He commanded and He commanded that we love others.  He did not command that we believe the bible is inerrant.  He did not command we believe in demons.   Actually He did not command that we believe in His resurrection. 




If you don't believe in his resurrection...then you don't believe in Jesus. 


Why? because Jesus historically rose from the dead. If you said Jesus did not, then you are following a false Jesus. 





I did not deny the resurrection.  I do deny the sheep in Matt 25:31 and following had to believe in the resurrection.  They did not.  I deny the Good Samaritan had to believe in the resurrection.  He did not.  The thief on the cross did not have to believe in the resurrection.  You are creating problems and rules in Christianity that have no business being there.  How about you concentrating on what Jesus said was all that matters in aligning oneself with the will of God--love God and your neighbor?




My point is the resurrection as well as other aspects of Jesus defines who Jesus is.   I do understand your point. 


I was referring to the following verse:


1st Cor 15:14


And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.


There are many so-called christians who make claims about the bible..such as no demons, despite the fact that the bible teaches there are demons that they remove a lot of text to satisfy a bad piece of theology. 


When one preaches this cut and paste gospel..there is no salvation in that message.


The virgin birth is another issue that people like to change as well as His death on the cross and the divinity of Jesus. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 4:27PM #29
davelaw40
Posts: 19,669

May 10, 2012 -- 1:22PM, lope wrote:


.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord...




Do you know why?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 5:05PM #30
57
Posts: 21,970

May 10, 2012 -- 4:27PM, davelaw40 wrote:


May 10, 2012 -- 1:22PM, lope wrote:


.  Jesus said it was not those who call Him Lord...




Do you know why?




Dave,


Tell me your reason...I'd like to hear it. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook