Post Reply
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do demons get out of hell in the end?
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 7:12PM #11
AstralProjectee
Posts: 4

May 8, 2012 -- 1:34PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I find it bizarre that someone calling themselves Astral projectee would believe in demons in the first place, or a hell.



I'm sure there are many people that astral project that believe in demons. Probably a minority.


Peace!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 7:35PM #12
mainecaptain
Posts: 21,760

May 8, 2012 -- 7:12PM, AstralProjectee wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 1:34PM, mainecaptain wrote:

I find it bizarre that someone calling themselves Astral projectee would believe in demons in the first place, or a hell.



I'm sure there are many people that astral project that believe in demons. Probably a minority.


Peace!




The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.




P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:40PM #13
davelaw40
Posts: 19,669

What the demons in Hinduism and Buddhism?

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 3:35PM #14
Seefan
Posts: 3,873

May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 
1.)  As long as the absolutely true knowledge and insight as regards these Four Noble Truths was not quite clear in me, so long was I not sure, whether I had won that supreme Enlightenment which is unsurpassed in all the world with its heavenly beings, evil spirits and gods, amongst all the hosts of ascetics and priests, heavenly beings and men. But as soon as the absolutely true knowledge and insight as regards these Four Noble Truths had become perfectly clear in me, there arose in me the assurance that I had won that supreme Enlightenment unsurpassed.  ((The Eightfold Path), Buddha,  the Word (The Eightfold Path))


2.)  By His Hukam, He created His ten incarnations, and the uncounted and infinite gods and devils.  (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section 25 - Raag Maaroo)


3.)  O Nanak, is the king of kings. Priceless are His Virtues, Priceless are His Dealings. ... Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.  The many created Buddhas speak.  The demons speak, the demi-gods speak. The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak. Many speak and try to describe Him.  (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section  1 - Jup)


4.)  The holy Sraosha, letting his club down upon her asked the Druj: 'O thou wretched, worthless Druj! Thou then, alone in the material world, dost bear offspring without any male coming unto thee?'  The Druj demon answered: 'O holy, well-formed Sraosha! It is not so, nor do I, alone in the material world, bear offspring without any male coming unto me.  (The Zend-Avesta, Avesta - Vendidad)


5.)  Who smote the dragon Dahaka, three-jawed and triple-headed, six-eyed, with thousand


powers, and of mighty strength, a lie-demon of the Daevas, evil for our settlements, and


wicked, whom the evil spirit Angra Mainyu made as the most mighty Druj [against the


corporeal world] ... (The Zend-Avesta, Avesta - Yasna)


6.)  And they served their idols, which became a snare unto them;  Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto demons ...  (Kesuvim (Writings), Tehillim (Psalms))

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 6:36PM #15
57
Posts: 21,986

May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 
1.)  As long as the absolutely true knowledge and insight as regards these Four Noble Truths was not quite clear in me, so long was I not sure, whether I had won that supreme Enlightenment which is unsurpassed in all the world with its heavenly beings, evil spirits and gods, amongst all the hosts of ascetics and priests, heavenly beings and men. But as soon as the absolutely true knowledge and insight as regards these Four Noble Truths had become perfectly clear in me, there arose in me the assurance that I had won that supreme Enlightenment unsurpassed.  ((The Eightfold Path), Buddha,  the Word (The Eightfold Path))


2.)  By His Hukam, He created His ten incarnations, and the uncounted and infinite gods and devils.  (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section 25 - Raag Maaroo)


3.)  O Nanak, is the king of kings. Priceless are His Virtues, Priceless are His Dealings. ... Shiva speaks, the Siddhas speak.  The many created Buddhas speak.  The demons speak, the demi-gods speak. The spiritual warriors, the heavenly beings, the silent sages, the humble and serviceful speak. Many speak and try to describe Him.  (Shri Guru Granth Sahib, Section  1 - Jup)


4.)  The holy Sraosha, letting his club down upon her asked the Druj: 'O thou wretched, worthless Druj! Thou then, alone in the material world, dost bear offspring without any male coming unto thee?'  The Druj demon answered: 'O holy, well-formed Sraosha! It is not so, nor do I, alone in the material world, bear offspring without any male coming unto me.  (The Zend-Avesta, Avesta - Vendidad)


5.)  Who smote the dragon Dahaka, three-jawed and triple-headed, six-eyed, with thousand


powers, and of mighty strength, a lie-demon of the Daevas, evil for our settlements, and


wicked, whom the evil spirit Angra Mainyu made as the most mighty Druj [against the


corporeal world] ... (The Zend-Avesta, Avesta - Yasna)


6.)  And they served their idols, which became a snare unto them;  Yea, they sacrificed their sons and their daughters unto demons ...  (Kesuvim (Writings), Tehillim (Psalms))




Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 8:44PM #16
Seefan
Posts: 3,873

May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 12:40AM #17
Adelphe
Posts: 28,705

May 7, 2012 -- 2:08AM, AstralProjectee wrote:


I've been doing a lot of thinking. What about Demons. Do demons get out of hell in the end? Please explain.

Peace!




No.


"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."  (Matt 25)


"and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."  (Rev 20)




Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 9:40AM #18
57
Posts: 21,986

May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:15AM #19
lope
Posts: 10,633

May 10, 2012 -- 9:40AM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  




I believe hell is non existence.  I don't bellieve in demons and I don't think Jesus ever killed a bunch of pigs by putting demons in them.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:36AM #20
Seefan
Posts: 3,873

May 10, 2012 -- 9:40AM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 8:44PM, Seefan wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 6:36PM, 57 wrote:


May 9, 2012 -- 3:35PM, Seefan wrote:


May 8, 2012 -- 7:35PM, mainecaptain wrote:


The concept of demons, is a ridiculous notion.


P.S. Are you Christian, your profile does not say. The belief in demons seems largely exclusive to Abrahamic aherents. 



Some may use a different word but this theme run through all religions.  I suspect that the real meaning of demons, evil-one, devil, etc all referred to the human personality, as well as whole societies, were prone to doing wrong in one degree or another.  I'm not well versed on the following and I may not be on the right path but see below for writings from Buddhism, Sikh, Tao, Zoroastrian ... 



Why don't you take your nonsense and tell it to the pigs that rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.





Wow!  57!  I'm actually a little shocked and hurt!  What you don't realize is that I was defending Christianity by saying that the word demons is not only used in Christianity but in other religions.  You really got a hate on for me????  That's too bad.  Must have struck a nerve.  Sorry but I'm only doing what you are, explaining my understanding!  You are not required to waste your time responding to me if it upset you ...


 


 




From reading your previous post it sounds like you don't believe in demons or hell.  





But whether or not I believe in demons or hell is not a reason to reply as you did.  Just question my beliefs. 


Actually I do believe that they exist on some level but probably not as you.  I don't believe demons walk around tempting us and are some type of monsters, although it may seem like that.  But everything negative we do or feel like doing is directly related to our own spiritual condition.  To me demons are our undeveloped self which cause us, or a group, to act out in very negative ways, and are the result of not developing those spiritual qualities God want of us.  


As for hell even the writings of my faith talks about hell but not as a physical place.  It is a state of mind one find himself in as a direct result of living within and out of our character defects such as anger, fear, selfishness, deceit, lust, dishonesty and the like.  To the degree we allow such negative values in our lives is to the degree we block of our spiritual development and the farther away from God we are.  If we die in this condition we go to the next world (heaven) knowing that we are spiritual cripples because of not developing God's Will in our lives!  What worse punishment know we are far from God and it is our fault ... 


 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook