Page 4 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Heaven as a higher dimension
3 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 9:09AM #31
sonnymoon42

May 6, 2012 -- 10:48AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

I think most people accept it as a  belief. There's a barrier between the two worlds and it is for our safety. Those with schitzophrenia  and other mental illness do experience those worlds but are terrified of them as they are not understood. Mystics who understand the symbology  will walk fearlessly among thoe other beings.

WE need to remember they are like here on earth. There's good and bad and you do not want to end up with the bad company on their own turf.

I don't pretend to know anything about the existence of realms beyond the physical universe. I would say, however, that the experiences of "those with schizophrenia and other mental illnesses" have nothing to do with the metaphysical. They suffer from neurological disorders which are biological in origin, not supernatural.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 10:37AM #32
lope

May 8, 2012 -- 9:36PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

I'd sure like to see Marco's biblical basis for his claims that heaven is NOT a place, but right here, predating form blah blah blah.

Well Marco?  Please back it up with some "scripture" and of course leave your "Buddhist" nonsense out of it as not only does it have no place on this board, but it's irrelevant.  Funny you never post on the Buddhist board, I wonder why.

Heaven is where God is.  God is not limited to a place.  The description of heaven is about lights and colours and is symbolic.  The description of the New Jerusalem is about a city 1500 miles square sitting on the surface of the earth.  To insist this is literal is nonsense.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 11:44PM #33
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 9, 2012 -- 10:37AM, lope wrote:

I'd sure like to see Marco's biblical basis for his claims that heaven is NOT a place, but right here, predating form blah blah blah.

Well Marco?  Please back it up with some "scripture" and of course leave your "Buddhist" nonsense out of it as not only does it have no place on this board, but it's irrelevant.  Funny you never post on the Buddhist board, I wonder why.

Heaven is where God is.  God is not limited to a place.  The description of heaven is about lights and colours and is symbolic.  The description of the New Jerusalem is about a city 1500 miles square sitting on the surface of the earth.  To insist this is literal is nonsense.

Feel free to give an interpretation for all my quotes-if you wish to make your claim.  Then offer further citations from this book to illuminate your position.  But just shaking your head is the disagreement of a coward, it is just rhetoric.   Until you offer a real rebuttal, my point continues to stand supreme.  Oh and be sure to address my R.I.P. and second coming arguments as it is necessary to refute them to move ahead in this disagreement.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 11:50PM #34
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 9, 2012 -- 9:09AM, sonnymoon42 wrote:

May 6, 2012 -- 10:48AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

I think most people accept it as a  belief. There's a barrier between the two worlds and it is for our safety. Those with schitzophrenia  and other mental illness do experience those worlds but are terrified of them as they are not understood. Mystics who understand the symbology  will walk fearlessly among thoe other beings.

WE need to remember they are like here on earth. There's good and bad and you do not want to end up with the bad company on their own turf.

I don't pretend to know anything about the existence of realms beyond the physical universe. I would say, however, that the experiences of "those with schizophrenia and other mental illnesses" have nothing to do with the metaphysical. They suffer from neurological disorders which are biological in origin, not supernatural.

Agreed and insulting those with mental disorders is just poor taste, regardless of intent:  The intent here appears careless and ignorant, only a mere step above malicious.... considering he cannot even spell the word... (it is "Schizophrenia") it is likely he knows very little about it.  And to basically suggest they are "untrained mystics" is nothing short of idiotic...  So I guess we could call it "self maliciousness" or also called "masochism" as only a fool talks about things he knows nothing about, thus asking to be addressed by those with a smidgen or more of knowledge of a topic.  

Talk about your own mental disorders, leave those of innocents out of it-especially when so clearly ignorant!  Despite the confusion effect of christianity, and the fact that it seems to hedge one's ability to reason and separate reality from fantasy, I see no connection between it, or any outdated god-faiths and schizophrenia.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:27AM #35
MMarcoe

I've given you quotes about heaven not being a place. Others have, too. The quotes are abundant. They are even on this thread. So you should be satisfied.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 10:28AM #36
lope

May 9, 2012 -- 11:44PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Feel free to give an interpretation for all my quotes-if you wish to make your claim.  Then offer further citations from this book to illuminate your position.  But just shaking your head is the disagreement of a coward, it is just rhetoric.   Until you offer a real rebuttal, my point continues to stand supreme.  Oh and be sure to address my R.I.P. and second coming arguments as it is necessary to refute them to move ahead in this disagreement.

What is your point that stands supreme?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 11:49AM #37
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 10, 2012 -- 10:27AM, MMarcoe wrote:

I've given you quotes about heaven not being a place. Others have, too. The quotes are abundant. They are even on this thread. So you should be satisfied.

Which quotes were those?  At least direct me to the post?  I saw one quote from Hebrews I believe that I don't recall even mentioned Heaven.  I've given the "abundant quotes", I haven't seen one from you.  Avoidance is the opposite of Confidence marco, either you can or you cannot.  If you can, then prove it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 11:51AM #38
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 10, 2012 -- 10:28AM, lope wrote:

I appreciate the childish games, but the point is clear-even little marco gets it.  Either you can do the above or you cannot.  Since you've thrown in a distraction instead of rising to the challenge, I think you've said all you need to.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 1:04PM #39
lope

May 10, 2012 -- 11:51AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 10:28AM, lope wrote:

I appreciate the childish games, but the point is clear-even little marco gets it.  Either you can do the above or you cannot.  Since you've thrown in a distraction instead of rising to the challenge, I think you've said all you need to.

I ask a simple question, but you cannot answer it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 11:38PM #40
MMarcoe

May 10, 2012 -- 11:49AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 10:27AM, MMarcoe wrote:

Which quotes were those?  At least direct me to the post?  I saw one quote from Hebrews I believe that I don't recall even mentioned Heaven.  I've given the "abundant quotes", I haven't seen one from you.  Avoidance is the opposite of Confidence marco, either you can or you cannot.  If you can, then prove it.

Look for them yourself, for crying out loud. I've noted them more than once on threads you participated in. And don't hand me this crap about avoidance and confidence. I need not prove anything of my worth to the likes of you.

1. Extremists think that thinking means agreeing with them.
2. There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.
3. God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 11  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook