Switch to Forum Live View THE WAR ON CHRISTIANITY CONTINUES
2 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 6:41PM #1
NATAS
Family Battle Offers Look Inside Lavish TV Ministry

www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/us/tbn-fight-...
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 7:04PM #2
koolpoi

Seems to be more a self-inflicted wound than a war on Christianity.Maybe Christians need to consider  why so many people gave so much to such a dubious ministry.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 8:12PM #3
Paladinsf

May 5, 2012 -- 6:41PM, NATAS wrote:

Family Battle Offers Look Inside Lavish TV Ministry

www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/us/tbn-fight-...

So. This is news? It's a con. Always has been.

Yawn

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 12:36AM #4
johnacancienne

May 5, 2012 -- 7:04PM, koolpoi wrote:

Seems to be more a self-inflicted wound than a war on Christianity.Maybe Christians need to consider  why so many people gave so much to such a dubious ministry.

I gotta admit it, Paladin...... When yer right, yer right!

Maybe it's about time that television ministries started paying their proper share of taxes, and open up to Federal auditing. That'd stop a lot of the scandals, doncha think?

It isn't about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 2:13AM #5
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 6, 2012 -- 12:36AM, johnacancienne wrote:

I gotta admit it, Paladin...... When yer right, yer right!

Maybe it's about time that television ministries started paying their proper share of taxes, and open up to Federal auditing. That'd stop a lot of the scandals, doncha think?

Start at the root of any given problem...  start by taxing the churches themselves (property taxes), as it should be.  And next the graveyards.  In real estate, one has to disclose any "material defect", it should be noted that things like murder, ghosts, etc. are not on the list-for the impact is one of psychological proportion with no real impact on reality directly.  So, why should we pay for things we don't believe in?  That includes all of us-including christians, who pay taxes for pagans, buddhists, and so forth.  And an honest christian will see the truth of it, not being dishonest due to their majority position.

And where the hell ya been John?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 6:51PM #6
Aussiesoul

I couldn't agree more koolpoi. These type of evangelists have little in common with Jesus who rejected material wealth and warned that for the rich it is harder for them to enter the Kingdom of Heaven than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 06, 2012 - 7:02PM #7
Paladinsf

"These type of evangelists  . . ."

As opposed to what other type?

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 10:11AM #8
sonnymoon42

NATAS, who are you saying is waging this battle in the "war on Christianity?" Paul and Janice Crouch, or The New York Times?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 09, 2012 - 10:49AM #9
Eliascomes

Serving God is not serving yourself. It's sad that a lot of people will be living in enternal darkness because of a lack of knowledge. They're being misled by the ruler of darkness; His bait to lure them to him is money; it make you live lavishly and causes you to forget your purpose here on earth. Satan has gotten Paul & Jan Crouch believing that God is a Sugar Daddy, and in their minds they think that it is alright to indulged. They believe in Jesus but they had gotten themselve trapped by one of the tool of darkness. I wonder is they are going to wake up from this hypnotic spell.

Matthew 7:22
Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook