Post Reply
Page 6 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Do we pray to same God?
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:13PM #51
57
Posts: 22,209

May 4, 2012 -- 4:09PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 3:23PM, 57 wrote:


In the above you mentioned a lot about jesus being the reflection of God....The truth is Jesus is not a reflection but rather the radiance. Heb 1:3




No problem using radiance to discribe Jesus although I define radiance the same as google defines it ... radiance - Light or heat as emitted or 'reflected' by something.  So radiance is a reflection of something.  In the case of Jesus it was the attributes of God ...


At least I'm glad you finally concur that Jesus is not God but the radiance (reflection) of God ...


 



 



You used the wrong dictionary.  The word used is Strong's 541. "properly someone who literally shines"


Reflection is not the intent.


Will you now concede Jesus is God? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:17PM #52
57
Posts: 22,209

May 4, 2012 -- 5:07PM, amcolph wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 3:24PM, 57 wrote:



Once again you continue to lie.  I never made that assertion.  You made it for me.




Pooh!  You made it with respect to Muslims in this very thread.  You have made it with respect to Liberal Christians in the past.  I'm just trying to find out what your limits are.  Shall we include Catholics?  Mormons?  Jehovah's Witnesses?




Are you really that ignorant on the subject?  Seriously amcolph, are you?


According to the mormons Jesus and Lucifer were created beings and brothers.  It is OBVIOUS they are following a different Jesus then pesented in the bible.  The Muslims say Jesus never died on the cross.  YOU say the bible is full of errors and can't be trusted.   You tell me amcolph. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:22PM #53
amcolph
Posts: 17,185

May 4, 2012 -- 5:17PM, 57 wrote:



Are you really that ignorant on the subject?  Seriously amcolph, are you?


According to the mormons Jesus and Lucifer were created beings and brothers.  It is OBVIOUS they are following a different Jesus then pesented in the bible.  The Muslims say Jesus never died on the cross.  



What about the Catholics and the Orthodox churches?  Some of the latter are Monophysite.  Is that allowed?


YOU say the bible is full of errors and can't be trusted.    




No I don't.  I just disagree with you about what it says.  See?

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:29PM #54
Seefan
Posts: 3,884

May 4, 2012 -- 5:13PM, 57 wrote:

 

May 4, 2012 -- 4:09PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 3:23PM, 57 wrote:

In the above you mentioned a lot about jesus being the reflection of God....The truth is Jesus is not a reflection but rather the radiance. Heb 1:3




No problem using radiance to discribe Jesus although I define radiance the same as google defines it ... radiance - Light or heat as emitted or 'reflected' by something.  So radiance is a reflection of something.  In the case of Jesus it was the attributes of God ...


At least I'm glad you finally concur that Jesus is not God but the radiance (reflection) of God ... 





You used the wrong dictionary.  The word used is Strong's 541. "properly someone who literally shines"


Reflection is not the intent.


Will you now concede Jesus is God? 





 


------------------------------------------------


Ah 57, you're too much ... lol


Explain to me how someone who 'literally shines' could be construed  as God.  Again, I'm sorry but you must have such little understanding of what would be necessary to be God!  I'm sure if you mediate and ask in your mediation for a deeper understanding of spiritual matters you'll see the truth if you approach the subject with an open mind!


Jesus Christ means the "Anointed One"!  He was anointed with the Holy Spirit.  Of course He'd shine from within and without and would be seem as such by those who had the spiritual eyes to see and understand.  That's a far cry from being God. 


But you are very selective in what you try to use as proof.  If you read on Strong continues .... is only used in Heb 1:3 where it refers to Christ's eternal radiancesupremely reflecting the effulgent glory of the Godhead! 


You notice again reflecting? 




 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:31PM #55
Ed.W
Posts: 9,423

May 4, 2012 -- 5:22PM, amcolph wrote:



  Some of the latter are Monophysite.  Is that allowed?






No


Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:36PM #56
amcolph
Posts: 17,185

May 4, 2012 -- 5:31PM, Ed.W wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 5:22PM, amcolph wrote:



  Some of the latter are Monophysite.  Is that allowed?






No





So pretty much all we have left are "biblical" Protestants and Roman Catholics who worship the Christian God.  Will it be both?


I'll leave you and 57 to work out that problem.  My money's on 57.

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:41PM #57
Ed.W
Posts: 9,423

57 is Roman Catholic

Have you got anything I can sink my teeth into?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 04, 2012 - 5:43PM #58
amcolph
Posts: 17,185

May 4, 2012 -- 5:41PM, Ed.W wrote:


57 is Roman Catholic




ROFLMAO!

This post contains no advertisements or solicitations.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 11:07AM #59
57
Posts: 22,209

May 4, 2012 -- 5:29PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 5:13PM, 57 wrote:

 

May 4, 2012 -- 4:09PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 3:23PM, 57 wrote:

In the above you mentioned a lot about jesus being the reflection of God....The truth is Jesus is not a reflection but rather the radiance. Heb 1:3




No problem using radiance to discribe Jesus although I define radiance the same as google defines it ... radiance - Light or heat as emitted or 'reflected' by something.  So radiance is a reflection of something.  In the case of Jesus it was the attributes of God ...


At least I'm glad you finally concur that Jesus is not God but the radiance (reflection) of God ... 





You used the wrong dictionary.  The word used is Strong's 541. "properly someone who literally shines"


Reflection is not the intent.


Will you now concede Jesus is God? 





Why do you remain ignorant?  I provided you with the original Greek meaning and you provided me with hand waving.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 05, 2012 - 12:13PM #60
Seefan
Posts: 3,884

May 5, 2012 -- 11:07AM, 57 wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 5:29PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 5:13PM, 57 wrote:

 

May 4, 2012 -- 4:09PM, Seefan wrote:


May 4, 2012 -- 3:23PM, 57 wrote:

In the above you mentioned a lot about jesus being the reflection of God....The truth is Jesus is not a reflection but rather the radiance. Heb 1:3




No problem using radiance to discribe Jesus although I define radiance the same as google defines it ... radiance - Light or heat as emitted or 'reflected' by something.  So radiance is a reflection of something.  In the case of Jesus it was the attributes of God ...


At least I'm glad you finally concur that Jesus is not God but the radiance (reflection) of God ... 





You used the wrong dictionary.  The word used is Strong's 541. "properly someone who literally shines"


Reflection is not the intent.


Will you now concede Jesus is God? 





Why do you remain ignorant?  I provided you with the original Greek meaning and you provided me with hand waving.





Hand waving???  Ignorant???  I used the same String's 541 you used to show through their words the truth of what I say.  I'm not the one espousing doctrine, even against scripture and logic.  Check it out yourself and think on your own.  But I suspect you are so steeped in the doctrine you follow that you can't see anything else so I'm going to leave it at that ...


It's been interesting to say the least ...


 

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 9  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook