Page 15 of 25  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 Next
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 7:24PM #141
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 2, 2012 -- 6:21PM, Adelphe wrote:

May 2, 2012 -- 3:49AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Of course they do-they see it as something to muddle through until the REAL life.  To deny this is to deny foundations of your religion.  This life is what is "bogus", to christians.  It's like an SAT or some nonsense to the christian, it is not the "real world".  

To christians, this world is flawed, defiled, and impure.   How wrong they are, as purity is in the mind-and environments, ALL environments only reflect YOU, whatever YOU are.  So they miss the whole show, waiting for an encore that never happens.  

This is indeed the view of a coward-what does a coward do?  A coward tries to avoid dealing with something.  To avoid dealing with reality, some people smoke dope, or snort it, and others pray to it.

Many religions offer their sheep to be reborn in a better place, a place with no problems, a place where you cannot be sad.  But again, only fools think they should avoid this.   A wise person knows that it is ONLY obstacles that can allow one to get closer to true happiness.  But.... like the elephant, chained as a youth.... the christian doesn't even BELIEVE it's attainable here and now, so why would they ever try?  For the christian, man is capable of no good-only their sociopathic god is (how ironic to the rest of us), so even when something good happens, by way of the human being-they give credit to some invisible guy, instead of recognizing that all qualities are in all life...

What tools do they have for this world?  None, what they do here is rewarded/punished elsewhere-what a messed up thing to believe, and yes, only a coward would continue to swallow it while life passed them by.  

Do you want to tell Christians what they think or do you want to hear what they think?

Don't need to as a former christian and the bible is clear on the goal, it ain't this world honey.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 7:46PM #142
Ed.W

May 2, 2012 -- 7:24PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Don't need to as a former christian and the bible is clear on the goal, it ain't this world honey.

You have never been a Christian, Bob, I promise.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 7:50PM #143
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 2, 2012 -- 7:46PM, Ed.W wrote:

Nor you Ed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:23PM #144
Ed.W

May 2, 2012 -- 7:50PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Nor you Ed.

Ooooh I must have struck a nerve here. 

I base what I say on that Christians don't leave.  People that leave are people that don't belong there in the first place.  And that's okay that they find somewhere they are more comfortable.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:26PM #145
Seefan

May 2, 2012 -- 8:23PM, Ed.W wrote:

Nor you Ed.

I base what I say on that Christians don't leave.  People that leave are people that don't belong there in the first place.

Or people may have left because they've followed what Christ said and not because they've lost their faith .......

Today the one overriding need is unity and harmony among the beloved of the Lord, for they should have among them but one heart and soul and should, so far as in them lieth, unitedly withstand the hostility of all the peoples of the world ... (Baha'i Writings)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:34PM #146
Bob_the_Lunatic

Nor you Ed.

I base what I say on that Christians don't leave.  People that leave are people that don't belong there in the first place.  And that's okay that they find somewhere they are more comfortable.

Which further proves my point...  Humility is the beginning of growth.  Christianity is the easiest religion ever to practice-so frankly, anyone who does something else has chosen a harder path, even faithless atheists, as they have to deal with folks like you Ed lol.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 8:34PM #147
Bob_the_Lunatic

May 2, 2012 -- 8:26PM, Seefan wrote:

Nor you Ed.

I base what I say on that Christians don't leave.  People that leave are people that don't belong there in the first place.

Or people may have left because they've followed what Christ said and not because they've lost their faith .......

There are a million reasons a person may take faith in something else Seefan.  But theists do tend to see things like a dog:  Black and white.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:39PM #148
Adelphe

Well, babe, then do exegete this passage for me, won't you?

"I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 9:50PM #149
Adelphe

Nor you Ed.

Darling!  We meet again.  Let's see...Ed's in the church--and you?  Well, again, do exegete this passage given the understanding you gained as a "former Christian":

"They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."

May 2, 2012 -- 8:34PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:

Which further proves my point...  Humility is the beginning of growth.  Christianity is the easiest religion ever to practice-so frankly, anyone who does something else has chosen a harder path, even faithless atheists, as they have to deal with folks like you Ed lol.

Can you define the distinction you're making with the concept of "humility" as compared to the way Christians define it?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:22PM #150
Blü

Adelphe

That seems straightforward -

1 John 2

18  Children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come; therefore we know that it is the last hour.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out, that it might be plain that they all are not of us.
20 But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all know.

18 Doncha miss those End Times!

19 The opponents of Jesus are humans from the society to which the author and his intended audience belong, but they (the opponents) don’t share the beliefs that the author and his intended audience share, and they (the opponents) have demonstrated this by leaving that society or group. 

20 But the author and his intended audience are right.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 15 of 25  •  Prev 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook