Post Reply
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Does truth exist if we are not aware of it?
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 12:46AM #51
Bob_the_Lunatic
Posts: 3,458

May 1, 2012 -- 10:55PM, SeraphimR wrote:


May 1, 2012 -- 8:08PM, chevy956 wrote:

May 1, 2012 -- 6:57PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:


May 1, 2012 -- 6:07PM, SeraphimR wrote:


May 1, 2012 -- 2:00PM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:


May 1, 2012 -- 9:02AM, SeraphimR wrote:


May 1, 2012 -- 12:06AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:


Apr 30, 2012 -- 1:49PM, SeraphimR wrote:


Speak, O Great Lunatic!





I'll simply repeat the one lesson you, like ol' Dio, failed to learn thus far in life as there is no learning past that one lesson:



Everyone is your teacher.




You, for instance, have taught me the meaning of the word blowhard.




Which proves my point.  




It proves your point that everyone is a teacher. 


It disproves your point that I haven't learned that lesson.


And now I've taught you a little something.




Nobody doubts you know you are a teacher.  But zero evidence exists that you are a student.  Saying you are.... simply suggests you are a dishonest teacher!




If we stop feeding the troll, it will head back to Loserville, population:itself.. It has nothing enlightening to offer anyone here regarding Buddhism and is a sorry excuse for a Christian.




But the Lunatic can't let anything go.  It is quite interesting.  I can lead him on and on and on, and have done so on several occasions.  He is quite incapable of letting anyone have the last world.


You too, probably.  It is something else I can teach you, grasshopper.




There is no last world-that's what you christians keep missing:  No life condition, including heaven of any sort is static.


However, I know what you meant and you are right, it's one of my flaws.  Do you have any that you'll admit?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 1:08AM #52
SeraphimR
Posts: 9,642

May 2, 2012 -- 12:46AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:



There is no last world-that's what you christians keep missing:  No life condition, including heaven of any sort is static.


However, I know what you meant and you are right, it's one of my flaws.  Do you have any that you'll admit?




Sure.  But I am happy to hear no life condition is static. 


Not that I would mind being permanently in someone's iggy bin, to be honest.  Maybe that is another flaw I have.  Perhaps I should mind.  But then again, trying to live one's life in such a way as to never give offense doesn't seem to be the right idea either. 


What do you think?

Moderated by Merope on May 02, 2012 - 02:51PM
People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.


P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:05AM #53
Bob_the_Lunatic
Posts: 3,458

May 2, 2012 -- 1:08AM, SeraphimR wrote:


May 2, 2012 -- 12:46AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:



There is no last world-that's what you christians keep missing:  No life condition, including heaven of any sort is static.


However, I know what you meant and you are right, it's one of my flaws.  Do you have any that you'll admit?




Sure.  But I am happy to hear no life condition is static. 


Not that I would mind being permanently in someone's iggy bin, to be honest.  Maybe that is another flaw I have.  Perhaps I should mind.  But then again, trying to live one's life in such a way as to never give offense doesn't seem to be the right idea either. 


What do you think?




So you have no flaws you're able to admit.  I have so many ... they seem like stars... yet, I would not trade them all in for the flaw of vanity.  I've never understood that one.

Moderated by Merope on May 02, 2012 - 02:52PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 10:46AM #54
SeraphimR
Posts: 9,642

May 2, 2012 -- 3:05AM, Bob_the_Lunatic wrote:


So you have no flaws you're able to admit.  I have so many ... they seem like stars... yet, I would not trade them all in for the flaw of vanity.  I've never understood that one.



Oh, it is not so bad.  I would rather be vain than slothful, for instance.  A vain person can live a full and productive life.  Not so the slothful one.

Moderated by Merope on May 02, 2012 - 02:55PM
People with a mission to save the earth want the earth to seem worse than it is so their mission will look more important.


P.J. O'Rourke
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook