Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View Was the ground outside the Garden of Eden cursed, and wild, and untended?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:33PM #51
Ed_3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 8:55AM, Truthwillset wrote:

Apr 26, 2012 -- 6:41PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Yes, but GTBHS's quote in the OP said(empahsis mine):

The ground was cursed 'because of Adam,' because if Adam had not sinned, he'd have extended the Garden's boundaries (subdued the earth) with Jehovah's help, which would have been a 'blessing' to the Earth.   Because he sinned, he was set outside the Garden, which was wild and untended.

Ed 3, sorry didn't mean to come in and throw off your thread.  I was simply trying to explain why the WT GB's teaching regarding this "curse" being lifted doesn't make sense from a biblical standpoint.

In my opinion the reality is that while nature can be beautiful, as your pictures clearly show.  It is still inherently wild, untended and in many ways dangerous.  The "paradasaic" conditions that GTBHS and MJ are talking about are fantasies.  They never existed... 

Well, that within itself would be good topic of conversation, however, the main thing that I was questioning in this thread was that according to the Biblical account(or a person's interpretation of the Biblcial account), was the Garden of Eden the only place on earth where the natural envinromnment was lush and beautiful and paradisical...while the rest of the land(the planet) outside of Eden was not...and had to be made that way by Adam and his perfect offspring.

Or in other words, according to JWs' interpretation of the Bible, did the rest of the land on earth outside of the Garden of Eden look like this:

cccooperagency.files.wordpress.com/2011/...

farm8.staticflickr.com/7194/7023423591_9...

cdn.prettyshinysparkly.com/wp-content/up...

kansasphotos.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2...

okanaganokanogan.files.wordpress.com/201...

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fepiRVFnpJI/T...

4.bp.blogspot.com/-C4_LKPsclTg/T1zNWyuKW...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:47PM #52
Truthwillset

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:33PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Well, that within itself would be good topic of conversation, however, the main thing that I was questioning in this thread was that according to the Biblical account(or a person's interpretation of the Biblcial account), was the Garden of Eden the only place on earth where the natural envinromnment was lush and beautiful and paradisical...while the rest of the land(the planet) outside of Eden was not...and had to be made that way by Adam and his perfect offspring.

Or in other words, according to JWs' interpretation of the Bible, did the rest of the land on earth outside of the Garden of Eden look like this:

I gotcha.  I don't know if there is an official JW position on this but I would be suprised if any JW would make a definitive statement that it was like those pics represent.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 1:56PM #53
Ed_3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:47PM, Truthwillset wrote:

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:33PM, Ed_3 wrote:

I gotcha.  I don't know if there is an official JW position on this but I would be suprised if any JW would make a definitive statement that it was like those pics represent.

Right, but that is what it sounds like GTBHS is saying in her quote in the OP.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 2:26PM #54
Truthwillset

Apr 27, 2012 -- 1:56PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Right, but that is what it sounds like GTBHS is saying in her quote in the OP.

Yes...yes it does...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 4:20PM #55

Hey!!!!

What about the thorns?

Moderated by nanalulu222 on Apr 27, 2012 - 06:59PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 4:37PM #56
Ed_3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 4:20PM, 57 wrote:

Hey!!!

What about the thorns?

But what about the thorns?

Moderated by nanalulu222 on Apr 27, 2012 - 07:00PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 6:51PM #57
Ed_3

Apr 27, 2012 -- 4:37PM, Ed_3 wrote:

Apr 27, 2012 -- 4:20PM, 57 wrote:

Hey!!!

What about the thorns?

But what about the thorns?

Looking back at 57's post #33 on page 4, I found this:

Apr 26, 2012 -- 4:15PM, 57 wrote:

Apr 25, 2012 -- 1:58PM, Truthwillset wrote:

My spouse had a talk on that subject once and when I realized they were trying to say the curse was lifted after the flood I just rolled my eyes.  What kind of crackpot exegesis is that anyway?

If the curse was lifted...why do we still have thorn bushes? 

And my reply to that is: Maybe the curse in Genesis 3:17-18 isn't a literal curse or prophecy, but is merely symbolic or poetic.

After all, I don't think that any thinking person would think that Eve's curse in verse 16 was literal. Unless, you do, 57. Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 7:30PM #58
cherubino

May 7, 2012 -- 6:51PM, Ed_3 wrote:

And my reply to that is: Maybe the curse in Genesis 3:17-18 isn't a literal curse or prophecy, but is merely symbolic or poetic.

After all, I don't think that any thinking person would think that Eve's curse in verse 16 was literal. Unless, you do, 57.

On the other hand, we never quite know for sure what a literalist is thinking, do we?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook