Post Reply
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 2:49PM #11
57
Posts: 24,504

Apr 27, 2012 -- 7:12PM, marken wrote:


Apr 23, 2012 -- 4:14PM, wrote:

Is there anyone out there who honestly thinks they can do the will of God? I know  that  my Lord  said  he  would  reject  my  service  unless I did  the  will  of his  Father.  Matt 7:21-23 .  He shows  how important  it  is  that  I  do  godly works and stop doing lawless works.  He goes on  to  say  that  if  one  does  the  works he  spoke  of before this(matt 5:3--)would be like a  house  built on  rock.  If one  studies  those  words  out, you will  find  they all  express  the  will of his  Father. It  takes  work  to  study  the  bible,  but it  is  a work of  righteousness, not  lawlessness.  It  takes  work  to  learn lawless  works  as  well, so r.it  isn't  the  work  that  saves  you  but  it  is  doing  the  will of  the  Father  He  would  not  tell us  this if it  were impossible  to  do,  but  for  sure it  is  going  to take  works  built  on  the  faith  that John 3:16 tells  us  about.


57: Keep trying.  Works are a product of ones salvation.  



Anyone?

Sure you may "feed the hungry" from time to time..... but more often than not we miss the will of God.

There is also those who think that if they do the will of God..they can point to it and say...see what I did for you God!!!  You have to let me into heaven.   In other words they feel the need to do it to obtain something.

Others do the will of God because they want too...not because they have too in order to get something.  

If you think you are doing the will of God in order to  receive something...your motivations are messed up. You  can  not  do  the  will  of  God without  receiving  a  great  deal.  You will  receive  peace of mind  and freeness of  conscious.  You  will  receive  accurate  knowledge  and  holy spirit.


You haven't.  You still claim Jesus isn't God...despite the numerous verses that say so.  Perhaps you should work harder.


  The  fruitages  of God's holy spirit  is  the  greatest  gift.  This  can all  be  received  because  Jesus  gave his  human life  as  a perfect  sacrifice  and  therefore  bought  back  the  hope of  everlasting life for  all humans.  If  we  then, do  the  will  of  god  within  our  imperfect  abilities, we  can  receive  blessings  beyond  compare.
Salvation is a free gift from God.   Once your sins have been imputed to Jesus Christ....doing the will of God should come naturally......despite that, we still don't always do the will of God. Of course,  salvation  is  a  free  gift  and,because  we  are  imperfect,  Jesus  is  the  one  who  has  been made  judge of all mankind.  Those  with a  heavenly hope  and  those  with  an  earthly hope  and  those  who  will  be  resurrected  to  a  cleansed  earth.  

Works is a by-product of ones salvation...NOT  a means of achieving it.Works are  either  doing  the  will of  God,  which  we  should  work  night  and  day  at, or  lawless,  which  we  should not  be involved in,  at  all!!



with affection  from Marken





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 28, 2012 - 3:37PM #12
marken
Posts: 3,719

Jesus  is  god in  that  he  shares  the  exact  nature  of his  heavenly  Father.  The  Trinity  Doctrine, however, is  a lie  in  that  it  states  he is  equal to his  Father.  I  believe  him. John 14:28.  I also  believe  that  if  we  pray  for  holy spirit, he  will  give  us  much  work  to  do with it. 


with affection from  Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 29, 2012 - 8:01AM #13
57
Posts: 24,504

Apr 28, 2012 -- 3:37PM, marken wrote:


Jesus  is  god in  that  he  shares  the  exact  nature  of his  heavenly  Father.  The  Trinity  Doctrine, however, is  a lie  in  that  it  states  he is  equal to his  Father.  I  believe  him. John 14:28.  I also  believe  that  if  we  pray  for  holy spirit, he  will  give  us  much  work  to  do with it. 


with affection from  Marken




Looks like you have a bit of a problem here. 


You say Jesus is Gods son?  OK, then if the Holy Spirit is NOT God..then God is not the father of Jesus. 


According to Luke 1:35 it is the Holy Spirit who did the begetting. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 7:07PM #14
Ed_3
Posts: 500

Apr 29, 2012 -- 8:01AM, 57 wrote:


Apr 28, 2012 -- 3:37PM, marken wrote:


Jesus  is  god in  that  he  shares  the  exact  nature  of his  heavenly  Father.  The  Trinity  Doctrine, however, is  a lie  in  that  it  states  he is  equal to his  Father.  I  believe  him. John 14:28.  I also  believe  that  if  we  pray  for  holy spirit, he  will  give  us  much  work  to  do with it. 


with affection from  Marken




Looks like you have a bit of a problem here. 


You say Jesus is Gods son?  OK, then if the Holy Spirit is NOT God..then God is not the father of Jesus. 


According to Luke 1:35 it is the Holy Spirit who did the begetting.



Yes, 57, but isn't the spirit of God:


bible.cc/matthew/12-28.htm


the finger of God?


bible.cc/luke/11-20.htm


Therefore, the holy spirit wouldn't have to be God for God to be the father of Jesus...since Luke 11:20 and Matthew 12:28 seem to indicate that the holy spirit is God's instrument, which he uses to get things accomplished.(Also see Exodus 31:18)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 7:12PM #15
micah68
Posts: 14

Jesus said that God's will for us (or God's commandments) are that we love God, love ourselves, and love each other. With the Spirit's enablement, sure, we can do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 07, 2012 - 7:56PM #16
mrjordan
Posts: 2,305

May 7, 2012 -- 7:12PM, micah68 wrote:


Jesus said that God's will for us (or God's commandments) are that we love God, love ourselves, and love each other. With the Spirit's enablement, sure, we can do it.





There is some truth to this comment and it sounds easy. There is more to serving Jehovah than just these 3 things though. Smile


 However for now, lets look at the commandment to "love each other". How can we love each other and yet go to war to kill one another. If we truely followed this commandment there would be no war.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 4:24AM #17
Newtonian
Posts: 12,196

May 7, 2012 -- 7:56PM, mrjordan wrote:


May 7, 2012 -- 7:12PM, micah68 wrote:


Jesus said that God's will for us (or God's commandments) are that we love God, love ourselves, and love each other. With the Spirit's enablement, sure, we can do it.





There is some truth to this comment and it sounds easy. There is more to serving Jehovah than just these 3 things though. Smile


 However for now, lets look at the commandment to "love each other". How can we love each other and yet go to war to kill one another. If we truely followed this commandment there would be no war.




Yes, Mr. Jordan - Micah's post was good - cp. Matthew 22:37-40.   He may simply have meant what Jesus meant!    And most certainly war goes against love for our enemies, which Jesus also taught - Mt. 5:44

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 4:31AM #18
Newtonian
Posts: 12,196

May 7, 2012 -- 7:12PM, micah68 wrote:


Jesus said that God's will for us (or God's commandments) are that we love God, love ourselves, and love each other. With the Spirit's enablement, sure, we can do it.




Micah - good post and welcome to the forum!


I might add this Scriptural account in confirmation of what you posted:


(Mark 12:28-34) 28 Now one of the scribes that had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first of all?” 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’ 31 The second is this, ‘You must love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” 32 The scribe said to him: “Teacher, you well said in line with truth, ‘He is One, and there is no other than He’; 33 and this loving him with one’s whole heart and with one’s whole understanding and with one’s whole strength and this loving one’s neighbor as oneself is worth far more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 At this Jesus, discerning he had answered intelligently, said to him: “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” . . .


While some go along with removing the Divine Name from the greatest commandment, Scofield in the Scofield Reference Bible notes for "Lord" in KJV at Mark 12:29 -


"q Jehovah, Deut.6.4"


It helps when increasing one's love for a person to address them by name - as we address Jehovah in Jesus' name as per John 14:6.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 9:52AM #19
Nanalulu222
Posts: 9,049

Welcome to the DJW board micah68!  Look forward to seeing more posts from you!



With regards,


Nanalulu222


DJW co-host

Conservative Christian.  Remember: you're unique, just like everyone else.
DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 08, 2012 - 7:37PM #20
marken
Posts: 3,719

I also  appreciated  Micah's post.   When  someone  considers  the  true  meaning  of  the  word love  as  addressed  by  1  Cor. 13:1to 8, we  know  that  if  we  truly love god, ourselves, and our  fellowman, all  the problems  we  encounter  in our  daily lives could  be  resolved.  When  Jehovah  has  his  son  destroy  all  wickedness,  I  know  that  what  will  remain  is  this  love  that  we  will have  to immediately put into  action, if  we  want  to  do  God's  will. 


with affection  from  Marken



Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 8  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook