2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 8:05AM #1
hewy1952
I just saw an ad on the side margin of B'net about Pink Slime.  I opened it up, and it's an ad about HAMBURGER!!!

I thought it was going to be a story about Raymond Burke.  

What a disappointment.      
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 8:29AM #2
cherubino

Kewl hat, though.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 9:51AM #3
gilg

Apr 20, 2012 -- 8:29AM, cherubino wrote:

Kewl hat, though.

Who is the old lady? She looks like a Munchin (sp?) from the Wizard Oz.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 10:55AM #4
hewy1952

Apr 20, 2012 -- 8:29AM, cherubino wrote:

Kewl hat, though.

As a Catholic, this guy just embarrasses the hell out of me with his lack of masculinity.  He is absolutely a poster child for a gay life.  And, if he identified with RuPaul, that's okay.  But this idiot condemns gays, RuPaul, and everyone else. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 12:22PM #5
cherubino

Apr 20, 2012 -- 10:55AM, hewy1952 wrote:

As a Catholic, this guy just embarrasses the hell out of me with his lack of masculinity.  He is absolutely a poster child for a gay life.  And, if he identified with RuPaul, that's okay.  But this idiot condemns gays, RuPaul, and everyone else. 

Yeah, but the little old ladies with big trust funds and fat checkbooks think he's the cat's pajamas. and if he's good enough for them, he's good enough for everyone.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 1:39PM #6
Buggsy

Don't they make a lovely couple: www.catholicnewsagency.com/images/Archbi...

Archbish Donna Guerl
Archbitch Flaming Berdache

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 12:02PM #7
StephenK.Adams

THE BISHOP AND THE BITCH

Sounds like a great title for a blockbuster movie.Cool

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 26, 2012 - 11:32PM #8
Buggsy

An Irish daughter had not been home for over a year. Upon her return, her father yelled at her, "Where have ye been all this time luv? Why did ye not write to us? Not even a line. Why didn't ye call? Can ye not undersh-tand what ye put yer old Mutter tru?"

The girl, crying, replied, Sniff, sniff...."Da.....I was too embarrassed, I became a prostitute."

"Ye what!!? Out of here, ye shameless harlot! Sinner! Yur a disgrace to this Cat-lic family, so yar."

"OK, Daddy...as ye wish...I just came back to give me ma' this luxurious fur coat, title deed to a ten bedroom mansion plus a $5 million sterlin' cheque. For me little brudder Seamus, this gold Rolex. And for me Da, the sparkling new Mercedes limited edition convertible that's parked outside, plus a membership to the Derry Country Club.

She takes a breath and continues, "and an invitation for ye all to spend New Years Eve on board me new yacht in the Car-bbean."

"Now what was it ye said ye had become?" says Dad

Girl, crying again, Sniff, sniff...."A prostitute Daddy!" Sniff, sniff.

"Oh! Be Jesus! Ye scared me half to death girl! I thought ye said a PROTESTANT. Come here and give yer ol' Da a big hug."

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:26AM #9
StephenK.Adams

Way to go Buggsy, that is a great one.  What a dummy I am, I thought I would start this submission and by now I would come up with a joke myself but I have drawn a blank.  Therefore, I will tell you the first thing that came to my mind.  I'm sure I have told this story before but here goes again:

Years ago Swaggering Jimmy Swaggert was caught consorting with hookers in a sleazy motel.  Subsequently he appeared on his next religious show and through endless tears he admitted his sinful ways and asked for forgiveness.   His poor wife had been appearing on his show and she was a real nice person.  After Jimmy's double life was exposed, I never saw his wife again.  The poor thing was probably too embarrassed to be seen on the same show as Swaggering Jimmy.

Some months later I was talking with my devout Protestant father who, unfortunately is now deceased.  I was shocked to find out that my Dad blamed the whole incident on the Devil and that entities vile attempts to bring down one of God's chosen messengers or disciples.  The kicker was that my father was still sending money to Jimmy's ministry.  His explanation was that he was not going to let the Devil defeat his "Sweetheart" Swaggering Jimmy Swaggert.

I wasn't going to laugh in front of my dear father but I didn't cry either.  I just went away shaking my head at the mind control that a superstitious belief system can inflict upon those who follow blindly no matter where such blindness leads.  Love you Dad, but not the superstitious religion that you so totally embraced.   Innocent

We have nothing to fear except our lack of understanding of fear itself.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 27, 2012 - 10:49AM #10
hewy1952

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car."

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an  infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base."

"Relationships are hard. It's like a full time job, and we should treat it like one. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wants  to leave you, they should
 give you two weeks' notice. There should be severance pay, the day before  they leave you, they should have to find you a temp."

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook