Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Who really started the jw's?
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:07AM #1
matica
www.pastor-russell.com/legacy/will_.html

Not sure why jw's still insist on idolizing Charles Taze Russell as their founder, but they still do.  
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:25AM #2
cherubino

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:07AM, matica wrote:

Not sure why jw's still insist on idolizing Charles Taze Russell as their founder, but they still do.  

Funny, I always thought Judge Rutherford was the real life of the party.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:31AM #3
mrjordan

Apr 19, 2012 -- 9:07AM, matica wrote:

Strange comment since you know we don't idolize men. If Russell had not been one of the people brave enough to stand up to the false teachings most religions cling to, then it would have been other person. Nothing will stop Jehovah from spreading the truth about his kingdom. As we know this in Matthew 24:14. So if Jehovah's Witnesses never came to be, then there would another group that would have emerged bringing bible truths. Thus you would be attacking a different messenger, yet their message would be the same.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 9:44AM #4
Kemmer

So if Jehovah's Witnesses never came to be, then there would another group that would have emerged bringing bible truths.

Yes, if there's one thing humanity has never lacked, it's religious adventurism.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 10:45AM #5
mecdukebec

I've always been intrigued that American-born religions, JWs, LDS, Christian Scientists, SDAs, etc., all have human founders, then they spend the remainder of their short shelf-lives dissembling and claiming that their "true founder" was really Jesus Christ; only LDS have bridged the "gap" and claimed that the gods, Father and Son, appeared to JS, and that makes their church founded by Christ, or JS, take one's pick. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 11:41AM #6
mrjordan

Apr 19, 2012 -- 10:45AM, mecdukebec wrote:

I've always been intrigued that American-born religions, JWs, LDS, Christian Scientists, SDAs, etc., all have human founders, then they spend the remainder of their short shelf-lives dissembling and claiming that their "true founder" was really Jesus Christ; only LDS have bridged the "gap" and claimed that the gods, Father and Son, appeared to JS, and that makes their church founded by Christ, or JS, take one's pick. 

However just because a person knows that many religions believe this way, one should not stop their search. If you are searching for Jehovah with all of your heart, you will find him, even though there is an overwhelming number of religions today. Deuteronomy 4:29

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:18PM #7
AnnOMaly

To the Bible Students, the JWs are akin to the break-away ten tribe kingdom of Israel.

Good link, matica. Nice to read the other side of the coin.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 12:37PM #8
mecdukebec

Apr 19, 2012 -- 11:41AM, mrjordan wrote:

Apr 19, 2012 -- 10:45AM, mecdukebec wrote:

However just because a person knows that many religions believe this way, one should not stop their search. If you are searching for Jehovah with all of your heart, you will find him, even though there is an overwhelming number of religions today. Deuteronomy 4:29

I really chuckle when I see YHWH, Deut. 4.29, rendered "Jehovah."  God got smacked down into Jacobean English, and that's the final, end all.  Amusing.

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 1:46PM #9
cherubino

Who really started the JW's? Good question!!

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 19, 2012 - 2:02PM #10
Kemmer

Who really started the JW's? Good question!!

And why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook