Page 18 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do you obtain Eternal Life..the JW way?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:05PM #171
mrjordan

Apr 17, 2012 -- 7:47PM, 57 wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:29PM, mrjordan wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:05PM, 57 wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:12PM, Newtonian wrote:

Good post, Marken and Hi! btw Smile

And, of course, John 3:16 has already been posted!

You notice John 3:16 doesn't mention...works? yes?

Ah but is not the whole chapter showing John's works as a faithful teacher who's loyalty is to Jesus and Jehovah? If the writers of the bible did not do their work, we would not have a bible at all. Even Nicodemus realizes John as a teacher in John 3:2.

"He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

The problem is mjordan...you are not as loyal as you think.  You have just lost any chance of salvation.  

Do you not see it? Salvation is free.  Only those who are saved again can do Gods works...and we still fail.  But God is full of grace and mercy.  

As I have asked numerous times....how do you know if you, a JW is saved? 

1. The good news is that I do not have to answer to any man about my loyalty to Jehovah.
2. Where salvation is free, I know that I must WORK forward through the teachings of the bible to take it.
3. My failures will be judged by Jesus who has tasted death and knows what I am facing in this world that is ruled by Satan that wants to take my gift away from me.
4. I will not know if I am saved until that day comes. I will show Jesus my faith AND my works and let him decide. I prey that he sees me worthy as a loyal servant to Jehovah.

My friend, I feel I must warn you that the starting line and finish line are NOT next to each other.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:18PM #172
Dragonflys

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:24PM, mrjordan wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Newtonian wrote:

Dragonfly - What powers are you referring to - I hope not 'powers' from spiritistic sources????

I was hoping to give him/her the benefit of the doubt and hope she/he was talking about how the angles help protect us from wickedness today. Or how are angels used by Jesus on the day of Jehovah's judgement.

Like you Newt, I was hoping for a bit more detail so that I could answer correctly.

No ,, how we use the powers through christ and maybe show some respect. But to call out for help thru prayers and with faith towards the angels to help others ?Innocent we have alot of powers at our beck & call to use!

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:37PM #173
mrjordan

Apr 17, 2012 -- 8:18PM, Dragonflys wrote:

Dragonfly - What powers are you referring to - I hope not 'powers' from spiritistic sources????

I was hoping to give him/her the benefit of the doubt and hope she/he was talking about how the angles help protect us from wickedness today. Or how are angels used by Jesus on the day of Jehovah's judgement.

Like you Newt, I was hoping for a bit more detail so that I could answer correctly.

No ,, how we use the powers through christ and maybe show some respect. But to call out for help thru prayers and with faith towards the angels to help others ? we have alot of powers at our beck & call to use!

Careful about faith or worship towards angels. Even John was warned not to worship angels. Angels are doing Jehovah's will not mans. If you wish to ask for help, ask Jehovah, not his angels. You do have a LOT of power at your back, but the power is from Jehovah. Take John for example, after an angel brought him a prophesy.

Revelation 19:10.
" At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying.”

Remember, angels do Jehovah's will.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 8:47PM #174
Dragonflys

Apr 17, 2012 -- 8:37PM, mrjordan wrote:

No ,, how we use the powers through christ and maybe show some respect. But to call out for help thru prayers and with faith towards the angels to help others ? we have alot of powers at our beck & call to use!

Careful about faith or worship towards angels. Even John was warned not to worship angels. Angels are doing Jehovah's will not mans. If you wish to ask for help, ask Jehovah, not his angels. You do have a LOT of power at your back, but the power is from Jehovah. Take John for example, after an angel brought him a prophesy.

" At that I fell down before his feet to worship him. But he tells me: “Be careful! Do not do that! All I am is a fellow slave of you and of your brothers who have the work of witnessing to Jesus. Worship God; for the bearing witness to Jesus is what inspires prophesying.”

I think we just talk & don't do , maybe just aliitle love and care no matter how lost some are , I only worship yahweh and Jeshua in their true names to me, They are so magical even in their vibrations , that is what i mean to pray& use the angels to send forth for us and others . to work it !!Cool with the baby!

lol

BLUE SKY DREAMS
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:18PM #175
mrjordan

Apr 17, 2012 -- 8:47PM, Dragonflys wrote:

Apr 17, 2012 -- 8:37PM, mrjordan wrote:

I think we just talk & don't do , maybe just aliitle love and care no matter how lost some are , I only worship yahweh and Jeshua in their true names to me, They are so magical even in their vibrations , that is what i mean to pray& use the angels to send forth for us and others . to work it !! with the baby!

lol

Dragonflies, I would like to suggest that you read, What Does the Bible Really Teach. Better yet, have a member of Jehovah's witnesses study that book with you. I like your statement, "maybe just aliitle love and care no matter how lost some are". If you are looking for truth, you will find it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:36PM #176
Kemmer

Dragonflies, I would like to suggest that you read, What Does the Bible Really Teach.

What mrjordan means to say is, read What Does the WTS Really Teach About the Bible.

They're a little entity all to themselves.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:48PM #177
mrjordan

Apr 17, 2012 -- 11:36PM, Kemmer wrote:

Dragonflies, I would like to suggest that you read, What Does the Bible Really Teach.

What mrjordan means to say is, read What Does the WTS Really Teach About the Bible.

They're a little entity all to themselves.

Then why would I offer this information? You could also take the information yet you don't and discourage others. Why?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 11:51PM #178
Kemmer

Then why would I offer this information? You could also take the information yet you don't and discourage others. Why?

Because it's a parochial, bogus mess?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 12:17AM #179
mrjordan

Apr 17, 2012 -- 11:51PM, Kemmer wrote:

Because it's a parochial, bogus mess?

A mess? Yes I agree. Men fail. Now what?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 1:07AM #180
Kemmer

A mess? Yes I agree. Men fail. Now what?

So you still believe everything the anciet bible writers would have you bekieve? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 18 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook