Post Reply
Page 17 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
Switch to Forum Live View How do you obtain Eternal Life..the JW way?
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 5:24PM #161
mrjordan
Posts: 2,298

Apr 17, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Newtonian wrote:


Dragonfly - What powers are you referring to - I hope not 'powers' from spiritistic sources????




I was hoping to give him/her the benefit of the doubt and hope she/he was talking about how the angles help protect us from wickedness today. Or how are angels used by Jesus on the day of Jehovah's judgement.


Like you Newt, I was hoping for a bit more detail so that I could answer correctly.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 5:54PM #162
Newtonian
Posts: 12,196

Yes, I should have given the benefit of the doubt, of course - thankyou!


7 The angel of Jehovah is camping all around those fearing him,
And he rescues them. - Psalms 34:7

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 5:55PM #163
Nanalulu222
Posts: 9,049

Apr 17, 2012 -- 4:34PM, Dragonflys wrote:



what about protection and use of our own powers with the help of the angels?




Welcome to the DJW board Dragonflys.  Look forward to seeing more posts from you.



With regards,


Nanalulu222


DJW co-host

Conservative Christian.  Remember: you're unique, just like everyone else.
DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:00PM #164
Newtonian
Posts: 12,196

Yes, Dragonfly - sorry for my earlier response - and welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:05PM #165
57
Posts: 24,461

Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:12PM, Newtonian wrote:


Good post, Marken and Hi! btw Smile


And, of course, John 3:16 has already been posted!




You notice John 3:16 doesn't mention...works? yes?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:08PM #166
57
Posts: 24,461

Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:24PM, Newtonian wrote:


Apr 16, 2012 -- 6:00PM, 57 wrote:


Apr 16, 2012 -- 1:34PM, Newtonian wrote:


Apr 15, 2012 -- 9:10PM, 57 wrote:


Apr 15, 2012 -- 9:06PM, Knowsnothing wrote:


Apr 15, 2012 -- 8:56PM, 57 wrote:


Because if Jesus Christ didn't save...no one would be saved.  EVERY human would end up in hell. 


You will reap what you sow unless you give it to Jesus. 




If Jesus Christ came to save, why will ~5/7 people end up in hell?


en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_religious_gr...


Jesus is terrible at transmitting his life-saving message.  He will be guilty of condemning 5/7 of the world's population to hell; the most heinous, unjust punishment ever conceived.



Jehovah's Armageddon pales in comparison to Jesus' Hellfire.  Why do you think people aren't attracted to such barbaric messages?




You have it all wrong.  100% of the people deserve hell.  100% of mankind has comitted cosmic treason against their creator..including YOU. 


God didn't have to save anyone.  It is the pure grace and mercy of God alone that gives us salvation.


I'm sorry you reject it. 




Hi 57 - welcome to the forum!


Note please that some posting here are not Jehovah's Witnesses.  I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses as is Mr. Jordan and goodtobehome, among others - you probably realize who is who, but just letting you know!


Jesus' will is not automatically the same as God's will - that is why he pleads for us as our high priest:


But you forget...Jesus is God.  So your point kinda falls apart.


 25 Consequently he is able also to save completely those who are approaching God through him, because he is always alive to plead for them. Hebrews 7:25


Actually it is God that draws people to Jesus. (it's in the bible)








57 - my point falls apart?   I quoted Scripture!   Are you denying Jesus pleads for us as our High Priest before God?


BTW - I assume you did not want this to become a trinity thread - but you should be aware Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus died for our sins, and we believe God cannot die, and that therefore for this and many other reasons we do not believe the man - made doctrines often called the trinity. 


That was Hebrews 7:25 - and there are other verses showing Jesus, not Jehovah, is our High Priest.  


Salvation from death is required for etenal life as per thread theme.


So, if Jesus was God, who did Jesus plead with in this account:


 "In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was a Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Mel·chiz´e·dek." - Hebrews 5:7-10


Remember, I am sharing with you what the Bible actually states!


So, note, salvation to those obeying Jesus!


E.g. Mt. 5:44 - to love our enemies - thus Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war!




57:If this turns into a Jesus is God thread the JW's lose on two fronts.


First they will lose the argument because the bible is very clear Jesus is God..and secondly they will lose because they are then following a false christ. 


But you can believe what you want.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:29PM #167
mrjordan
Posts: 2,298

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:05PM, 57 wrote:


Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:12PM, Newtonian wrote:


Good post, Marken and Hi! btw Smile


And, of course, John 3:16 has already been posted!




You notice John 3:16 doesn't mention...works? yes?




Ah but is not the whole chapter showing John's works as a faithful teacher who's loyalty is to Jesus and Jehovah? If the writers of the bible did not do their work, we would not have a bible at all. Even Nicodemus realizes John as a teacher in John 3:2.


"He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 6:32PM #168
mrjordan
Posts: 2,298

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:08PM, 57 wrote:



57:If this turns into a Jesus is God thread the JW's lose on two fronts.


First they will lose the argument because the bible is very clear Jesus is God..and secondly they will lose because they are then following a false christ. 


But you can believe what you want.




Before it does turn into a trinity thread, I'd like to point out we have one already.


community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:47PM #169
57
Posts: 24,461

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:29PM, mrjordan wrote:


Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:05PM, 57 wrote:


Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:12PM, Newtonian wrote:


Good post, Marken and Hi! btw Smile


And, of course, John 3:16 has already been posted!




You notice John 3:16 doesn't mention...works? yes?




Ah but is not the whole chapter showing John's works as a faithful teacher who's loyalty is to Jesus and Jehovah? If the writers of the bible did not do their work, we would not have a bible at all. Even Nicodemus realizes John as a teacher in John 3:2.


"He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”




The problem is mjordan...you are not as loyal as you think.  You have just lost any chance of salvation.  


Do you not see it? Salvation is free.  Only those who are saved again can do Gods works...and we still fail.  But God is full of grace and mercy.  


As I have asked numerous times....how do you know if you, a JW is saved? 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 7:50PM #170
57
Posts: 24,461

Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:32PM, mrjordan wrote:


Apr 17, 2012 -- 6:08PM, 57 wrote:



57:If this turns into a Jesus is God thread the JW's lose on two fronts.


First they will lose the argument because the bible is very clear Jesus is God..and secondly they will lose because they are then following a false christ. 


But you can believe what you want.




Before it does turn into a trinity thread, I'd like to point out we have one already.


community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...




What's your point? The JW's lost that thread.  Jesus is God and never was He not. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 17 of 20  •  Prev 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook