Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
6 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:15PM #11
Pam34

Thanks buns, and thanks vra also. I'm engaged currently in a contentious discussion with a Biblical literalist, and I need the 'mind space' of this kind of discussion.

Otherwise I'm likely to blow my lid and tell that idiot what I really think of him and his 'Bibical literalism' (insert appropriate four letter word here).

BTW, it's not anybody HERE on on b'net either. There's no way this guy would sign up at b'net. There are too many UNBELIEVERS here. Like 99.99% of us, including the Christians.

Now I can just picture him as that 5 year old brat, and refrain from inappropriate language. I hope.

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 5:55PM #12
vra

Apr 13, 2012 -- 5:15PM, Pam34 wrote:

Thanks buns, and thanks vra also. I'm engaged currently in a contentious discussion with a Biblical literalist, and I need the 'mind space' of this kind of discussion.

Otherwise I'm likely to blow my lid and tell that idiot what I really think of him and his 'Bibical literalism' (insert appropriate four letter word here).

BTW, it's not anybody HERE on on b'net either. There's no way this guy would sign up at b'net. There are too many UNBELIEVERS here. Like 99.99% of us, including the Christians.

Now I can just picture him as that 5 year old brat, and refrain from inappropriate language. I hope.

Maybe you can ask him how many angels were at Jesus' tomb, where were he/they located, and what did he/they say?  No two gospel accounts match, and there are other such variations in other areas as well. 

Also, you might ask him if he feels the scriptures are inerrant and exactly how could he know that?  It would take one who is inerrant to ascertain that something else is inerrant. 

Ask him what evidence that he has that the Bible is inerrant and "divinely inspired" but the Bhagavad Gita isn't?  Of course, he won't be able to produce any such evidence, so prepare yourself for a personal attack on yourself since that's the pattern I've seen over and over again.     

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 7:33PM #13
Pam34

yes, he's quite good at dropping into personal attacks as soon as he feels threatened, which is as soon as anybody remotely mentions something he perceives as disagreeing with his personal opinion, which to hear him tell it, closely aligns with exactly what God wants.

Great. A God-mind-reader.

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook