Page 8 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Qur'an mentioning the 1st 5 books and psalms
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 6:37PM #71
rocketjsquirell

Ibn

No Muslim will deny it? Really? Have you, at any time, read the DI board? Have you even read your own posts?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 11:16PM #72
Bunsinspace

Apr 16, 2012 -- 5:20PM, Ibn wrote:

...Therefore, the common ground between us is that our G-d (Allah in Arabic) is the same as your G-d. Source of “our holy text” and “your holy text” is the same from my point of view. If any Jew does not believe that the Qur’an is from the same G-d, that’s fine with me as it is just what one believes. I won’t regard it “judging” the Qur’an.    ....

BS"D

This statement of yours is confusing.  Didn't you recently post at length about how you were NOT a Muslim?  And now you appear to be claiming that you are.  So please clarify whether you, as a Bahai, are or are not a Muslim and whether Quran is or is not your faith's holy text.  The above statement of yours claims that you ARE a Muslim and that the Quran IS your holy text.  This contradicts your adamant refusal in a previous post to define yourself as a Muslim based on some seemingly insignificant ritual differences between Bahai and mainstream Islam.   Now I can no longer make sense of your posts until you clarify this direct contradiction.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 12:15AM #73
Lilwabbit

My dear Buns,

Ibn is a Muslim. I am a Bahá'í. (We are good Bnet buddies, that much can be excused in your confusion.) You replied to Ibn and mistook him for me. No worries, your usual keenness of mind prevents me from referring you to the geriatric department.

Tongue Out

Kind regards from Heathrow (on my way over there),

LilWabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 4:27AM #74
Ibn

Apr 17, 2012 -- 12:15AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

My dear Buns,

Ibn is a Muslim. I am a Bahá'í. (We are good Bnet buddies, that much can be excused in your confusion.) You replied to Ibn and mistook him for me. No worries, your usual keenness of mind prevents me from referring you to the geriatric department.

Tongue Out

LilWabbit

Dear LilWabbit,

I have decided to talk to myself; "welcome to the usual wet Heathrow, wish I were there".

Now I am ready to be sent to geriatric department of All Saints Hospital.

Have a nice journey.

Kind regards

Ibn

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 4:46AM #75
Ibn

Apr 16, 2012 -- 6:37PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Ibn

No Muslim will deny it?

Torah (Taurat in Arabic) is from G-d. It is confirmed in the Qur'an. No Muslim will deny this fact.

Really?

Really!

Have you, at any time, read the DI board? Have you even read your own posts?

The confirmation is in the Qur'an and I have never denied what is confirmed in the Qur'an. It's not my problem if you can't understand my posts.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:15AM #76
JAstor

Apr 16, 2012 -- 5:20PM, Ibn wrote:

No one is “judging” anybody else’s holy text. If the Revelation is from G-d, even through one else’s prophet, it is from G-d of everyone. G-d is not G-d of only a select people. For this reason, I am interested in all three “holy texts” as these are all linked to Revelations from the same G-d. One can always learn something new from these holy texts.

Regardless of the written texts, Revelation to Moses imparts to mankind a great guidance and teaches mankind a great deal of wisdom. There is so much that we can all learn from the Torah. In my case, a Muslim is not a Muslim if he denies the Revelation to Children of Israel through Moses. Not only the Torah testifies it but the Qur’an also testifies that through this Revelation Children of Israel became Imams (religious teachers) of the peoples. I have no problem in learning from such Imams guided by the Divine Being. You will not hear a bad word about Moses from any Muslim.

In Arabic, the Torah is mentioned as the Taurat in the Qur’an and a Muslim must believe that the Revelation to Moses of the Taurat is from G-d. No Muslim will ever deny that. Therefore, the common ground between us is that our G-d (Allah in Arabic) is the same as your G-d. Source of “our holy text” and “your holy text” is the same from my point of view. If any Jew does not believe that the Qur’an is from the same G-d, that’s fine with me as it is just what one believes. I won’t regard it “judging” the Qur’an.

A very fair statement of your beliefs and the postive side of Islam. Thanks. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:33AM #77
Bunsinspace

Apr 17, 2012 -- 12:15AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

My dear Buns,

Tongue Out

LilWabbit

BS"D

My apologies for the stupid mistake.  I believe I will check myself in.  Yell

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 9:54AM #78
rocketjsquirell

Apr 17, 2012 -- 4:46AM, Ibn wrote:

Ibn

No Muslim will deny it?

Torah (Taurat in Arabic) is from G-d. It is confirmed in the Qur'an. No Muslim will deny this fact.

Really?

Really!

Have you, at any time, read the DI board? Have you even read your own posts?

The confirmation is in the Qur'an and I have never denied what is confirmed in the Qur'an. It's not my problem if you can't understand my posts.

Ibn

1. Every time you insist that the incorrect descriptions of Torah, Judaism and Jews which appear in the Qur'an are true, you deny Torah; 

2. Every time you deny that the Jewish people are the B'nai Israel, you deny Torah;

3. Every time you deny the Jewish people of today are the Jewish people in the Torah, you deny Torah;

4. Every time you state the the Torah was "corrupted", you deny Torah;

5. Every time you insist that the covenant between G-d and the Jewish people has expired, or was superseded, or was revoked, you deny Torah;

6. Every time you deny that Jerusalem and Israel was given by G-d to the Jewish people as their inheritance for all time, you deny Torah (you also deny the Qur'an but I do not really care about your lack of faithfulness to that document);

Basically almost everything you have written on the subject has been a denial of Torah and a denial that the Torah was the gift of G-d.  Your recent words to the contrary are hollow and meaningless and fly in the face of your previous statements.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:12AM #79
nieciedo

It's so fun, productive, and rewarding to argue over whose made-up fairy tale is better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 10:20AM #80
JAstor

Apr 17, 2012 -- 10:12AM, nieciedo wrote:

It's so fun, productive, and rewarding to argue over whose made-up fairy tale is better.

We could talk about your made-up fairy tale but there is no Stalin or Mao board. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 19  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook