Post Reply
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 5:51PM #11
Kemmer
Posts: 15,779

I see some of you that agree while others dont care to much of dates. For those who care then do you agree with watchtower library date of 587 bce being the fall of Jerusalem?



The JWs can pick any date they choose.  Since to them it represents the beginning of humankind's allotted time on Earth, whatever the JWs' chosen date, it will be of the utmost indifference to mainline Christians or anybody else.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 6:21PM #12
DNT
Posts: 1,514

The problem with all these different date's is , what dating system do we use, me personally, i would use the Jewish dating system that has 360 days in a year instead of 365, i say this because it seems logical that a Jewish book would use there own dating system.The time you need to count from is when the commandment was given in Daniel 9, but that depends on who you believe gave the commandment. I believe that Cyrus Now according to Biblical chronology the commandment went out in 486bc by Cyrus the great, this would be 483 years from the commandment to the messiahs conception 4bc. Incidental Isiah 44:28 prophesied that Cyrus would conquer Babylon 150 years before it happened. I dont know if this helps.


God Bless You


Denis.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 8:02PM #13
AnnOMaly
Posts: 3,115

Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:21PM, DNT wrote:


The problem with all these different date's is , what dating system do we use, me personally, i would use the Jewish dating system that has 360 days in a year instead of 365, i say this because it seems logical that a Jewish book would use there own dating system.The time you need to count from is when the commandment was given in Daniel 9, but that depends on who you believe gave the commandment. I believe that Cyrus Now according to Biblical chronology the commandment went out in 486bc by Cyrus the great, this would be 483 from the commandment to the messiahs conception. Incidental Isiah prophesied that Cyrus would conquer Babylon 150 years before it happened. I dont know if this helps.


God Bless You


Denis.




Cyrus? 486 BC? 483 BC? What? OK you might want to try that again.


Your point about when/who gave the commandment is valid, however.


Jewish dating system of '360 days' you might want to clarify.


Undecided

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 12, 2012 - 11:47PM #14
Fathomless
Posts: 88

Apr 12, 2012 -- 1:29AM, older wrote:

Dates are important for they prove that Jehovah does keep time, and certain things will happen to fulfill his prophecies. That is why his name is Jehovah. They knew him as God Almighty but his name as one who causes it to be tells us he is a god of true prophecy.


It makes us appreciate  his wisdom and power even more.  The gods of  other peoples cannot do so,and cannot even speak. The peoples who worship false gods never have heard his commands, nor do they obey their gods. Some like it that way...no obligations.


To us  he is our Father and creator of things that we enjoy  and has made promises that he will keep and we know his reputation  for doing so and his reputation will not  change.He will accomplish it all. The earth will become a paradise.


"Dates are important for they prove that Jehovah does keep time, and certain things will happen to fulfill his prophecies."


Yes, they are important, prophecy will be fulfilled on time. We are not to know the date though.


As dating methods have proved to be messy, it's easier on our minds to think of it as God's eternal purpose.


 


Fathomless

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 4:21AM #15
DNT
Posts: 1,514

Apr 12, 2012 -- 8:02PM, AnnOMaly wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:21PM, DNT wrote:


The problem with all these different date's is , what dating system do we use, me personally, i would use the Jewish dating system that has 360 days in a year instead of 365, i say this because it seems logical that a Jewish book would use there own dating system.The time you need to count from is when the commandment was given in Daniel 9, but that depends on who you believe gave the commandment. I believe that Cyrus Now according to Biblical chronology the commandment went out in 486bc by Cyrus the great, this would be 483 from the commandment to the messiahs conception. Incidental Isiah prophesied that Cyrus would conquer Babylon 150 years before it happened. I dont know if this helps.


God Bless You


Denis.




Cyrus? 486 BC? 483 BC? What? OK you might want to try that again.


Your point about when/who gave the commandment is valid, however.


Jewish dating system of '360 days' you might want to clarify.





Hey AnnOMaly


Yes i wrote this post a bit quick, the Jewish year has 360 days in it, compared to our year which has 365 days in it. And as to the 483, i should have put years in front of it, so i have edited the post now.


God Bless You


Denis.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 4:50AM #16
AnnOMaly
Posts: 3,115

Apr 13, 2012 -- 4:21AM, DNT wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 8:02PM, AnnOMaly wrote:


Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:21PM, DNT wrote:


The problem with all these different date's is , what dating system do we use, me personally, i would use the Jewish dating system that has 360 days in a year instead of 365, i say this because it seems logical that a Jewish book would use there own dating system.The time you need to count from is when the commandment was given in Daniel 9, but that depends on who you believe gave the commandment. I believe that Cyrus Now according to Biblical chronology the commandment went out in 486bc by Cyrus the great, this would be 483 from the commandment to the messiahs conception. Incidental Isiah prophesied that Cyrus would conquer Babylon 150 years before it happened. I dont know if this helps.


God Bless You


Denis.




Cyrus? 486 BC? 483 BC? What? OK you might want to try that again.


Your point about when/who gave the commandment is valid, however.


Jewish dating system of '360 days' you might want to clarify.






Hey AnnOMaly


Yes i wrote this post a bit quick, the Jewish year has 360 days in it, compared to our year which has 365 days in it. And as to the 483, i should have put years in front of it, so i have edited the post now.


God Bless You


Denis.




Thanks for the edit, but still, Cyrus was long dead by 486 BC. 


The Jewish calendar was luni-solar, so it either had 354 days or (with a leap month) 384 days in a  year - not 360.


Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 9:57AM #17
Kemmer
Posts: 15,779

The Jewish calendar was luni-solar, so it either had 354 days or (with a leap month) 384 days in a  year - not 360.



The MesoAmerican calendars were far more accurate.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:39PM #18
DNT
Posts: 1,514

Apr 13, 2012 -- 4:50AM, AnnOMaly wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 4:21AM, DNT wrote:

Apr 12, 2012 -- 8:02PM, AnnOMaly wrote:


Apr 12, 2012 -- 6:21PM, DNT wrote:


The problem with all these different date's is , what dating system do we use, me personally, i would use the Jewish dating system that has 360 days in a year instead of 365, i say this because it seems logical that a Jewish book would use there own dating system.The time you need to count from is when the commandment was given in Daniel 9, but that depends on who you believe gave the commandment. I believe that Cyrus Now according to Biblical chronology the commandment went out in 486bc by Cyrus the great, this would be 483 from the commandment to the messiahs conception. Incidental Isiah prophesied that Cyrus would conquer Babylon 150 years before it happened. I dont know if this helps.


God Bless You


Denis.




Cyrus? 486 BC? 483 BC? What? OK you might want to try that again.


Your point about when/who gave the commandment is valid, however.


Jewish dating system of '360 days' you might want to clarify.






Hey AnnOMaly


Yes i wrote this post a bit quick, the Jewish year has 360 days in it, compared to our year which has 365 days in it. And as to the 483, i should have put years in front of it, so i have edited the post now.


God Bless You


Denis.




Thanks for the edit, but still, Cyrus was long dead by 486 BC. 


The Jewish calendar was luni-solar, so it either had 354 days or (with a leap month) 384 days in a  year - not 360.



Hey


AnnOMaly


This is why i do not worry to much about dates, there seems to be a lot of different opinions about what dating system to use. I don't really go along with the normal historical dates when it comes to Persia, i do believe the best place to find dates about Persia is the Bible, and according to Biblical chronology it was 486 bc when he defeated Babylon, as i said there are a few different dates that say when this happened, but some of the teachings i have had on this subject just seems to me to be the most logical. As for the Jewish year i don't disagree with you, i am talking in approximates and i don't really know weather it is lunar or solar year, all i know the dates will be different if you use a Jewish year, which seems to make sense because the Bible is a Jewish book, another thing is there is so called lost years which i have to admit i don't know to much about, another point is during the Babylonian years when Israel was captured, it may have had to conform to there dating system who knows. I will try to find some of the old teachings on this i have some where and get back to you on this.


God Bless You


Denis.

1Ti 3:16  And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:10PM #19
AnnOMaly
Posts: 3,115

I don't really go along with the normal historical dates when it comes to Persia, i do believe the best place to find dates about Persia is the Bible, and according to Biblical chronology it was 486 bc when he defeated Babylon, as i said there are a few different dates that say when this happened



Oh dear :-\


Out of curiosity, which 'Bible chronologist' said Cyrus was alive and defeated Babylon in 486 BC? Or have you come up with this yourself?


 I will try to find some of the old teachings on this i have some where and get back to you on this.



Please do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 2:38PM #20
Kemmer
Posts: 15,779

 I will try to find some of the old teachings on this i have somewhere...



Gimme that ol' time religion...♥ ♥ ♥ 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook