Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What would you do in heaven?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 4:05PM #1
mrjordan

Witnesses believe that those 144,000 "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation" that go to heaven will rule the earth. Revelation 5:9,10

Those here that believe they are going to heaven, what will you do there? Also post scriptures to describing what you would do in heaven.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 4:44PM #2
cherubino

Apr 10, 2012 -- 4:05PM, mrjordan wrote:

Witnesses believe that those "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation" that go to heaven will rule the earth. Revelation 5:9,10

Those here that believe they are going to heaven, what will you do there? Also post scriptures to describing what you would do in heaven.

Oh, I expect it'll be pretty much like this.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:10PM #3
Knowsnothing
I can ask the same thing about 144000.  After the 1000 yr rule, what are theygoing
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:11PM #4
Knowsnothing
To do?  Sorry, post got cut off.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:41PM #5
Newtonian

Knowsnothing - Well, it is more appropriate for someone who is actually 'born again' to respond.  that is not me, btw.

However, one of my friends was relatively recently born again - a few years ago.   And another, who came into the truth in 1914 and has since died related answers in some detail.

Suffice it to say that the latter expressed how he was homesick for heaven - and had a totally differenct outlook on this from those of us with the earthly calling, including me. 

If someone of the anointed is reading this, feel free to post a response.

I will simply respond based on Scripture.   144,000 kings will initially probably rule over about 14.4 million people, or about 100 people each - but that will increase drastically with the resurrection of some 10 billion people!   Perhaps ruling over 100,000 each. 

But that is not all - they are not simply Kings - they are also judges and priests.   As priests, they will help us learn righteousness and reach perfection, and plead for us as Jesus the high priest does.

I wonder, however, if others who believe they are going to heaven, have any idea what they will do there - I will await their responses.

As for me and my wife - we are organic gardeners and still have that desire in us - obviously we are not of the heavenly calling - we are by no means homesick for heaven - in fact, if we went to heaven, as some astronauts have, we would be homesick for earth!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:44PM #6
mrjordan

Nice expantion there Newt to the OP.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:45PM #7
Newtonian

One other Scripture:

(1 Corinthians 6:3) . . .Do YOU not know that we shall judge angels?. . .

And how many angels are there?   Myriads of myriads - which is how many?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 5:48PM #8
Newtonian

Apr 10, 2012 -- 5:44PM, mrjordan wrote:

Nice expantion there Newt to the OP.

Thank you, Mr. Jordan!   And good question!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 6:14PM #9
Kemmer

Suffice it to say that the latter expressed how he was homesick for heaven - and had a totally differenct outlook on this from those of us with the earthly calling, including me.

Someone needs to 'upscale' his expectations.  The Jehovian vision of "eternity" at least, is demonstrably false in view of what we can see happening in neighboring space to other star systems together with their attendant planets.

I will simply respond based on Scripture.   144,000 kings will initially probably rule over about 14.4 million people, or about 100 people each - but that will increase drastically with the resurrection of some 10 billion people!   Perhaps ruling over 100,000 each.

Newt's amazing.  He can take "stone jars" mentioned at the Cana wedding, and proceed to inform us of:  a) type of stone; b) where quarried; c) igneous or sedimentary d) exact dimensions in American and metric; e) was the stonecutter Jew or pagan, and if pagan, any contents of the jar would be taboo.  Plus, "My research points to the fact that the Cana jars contained grape juice.  Jesus could fill the jars with grape juice easy enough, but he couldn't make it ferment.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:02PM #10
Theo

Years ago I started a thread entitled, "I just can't wait to go to heaven." Of course it was not on the JW debate forum, and so a cross section of people was very different from what we have here. Even so, I have to say that is was one of my most popular threads ever.  

God is infinite - we are finite. Getting to know God as He is in heaven will not get old, there will be a never ending unfolding revelation of God to man.

So I believe we will spend eternity getting to know God better and worshipping Him... in the company of our loved ones and all the saints and angels. (reference the Book of Revelation) Of course I do not believe that is all we will do, but it is one of the many wonderful benefits we have to look forward to, in passing from this life, and entering into the next.

Scripture depicts those who have gone before, all assembled before the throne of God and worshipping the Father and the Son with all the hosts of heaven. Believe me, I know how this sounds, if you are like I once was, before I learned how to enter into the worship of God. But, having come to know the Father and the Son, via the Holy Spirit living in me, I can now say that worshipping God is the most wonderful thing I've experienced in this life... so I look forward with great longing for the time when the weakness of my flesh, and the limitations of my voice and stamina are no longer a factor.

Have you ever wanted to meet St. Paul? What about Peter, or Job? What about all the other saints, prophets and seers of the past, whose names are lost to the living, and whose memories have long passed from our knowledge? I believe we will know everything as well as one another just as we are fully known, once we are no longer restricted by the flesh. But if these things were not enough to keep us fully occupied - God has created a Universe ever expanding that has no end, and it is filled with beauty and wonders we are only beginning to explore through space telescopes. Imagine being able to go anywhere in the Universe at the speed of thought.

Imagine living in a place where the Will of God is something everybody obeys. Scripture says that God's will is done in heaven... and what that means for those who live there is that there is no crime, no evil, no oppression, no greed, no malice, there is only justice, peace, love and happiness. Even the things in our lives and hearts that are contrary to God's will, soiled as we are by the filth of this world, will not be there... there will be no darkness nor shifting shadow.

For those of us who "make heaven" we will not exist then as we do now, driven by physical needs and desires and hormones, while we agree with the Law of God according to the inner man, but are grieved by our own sins and thoughts contrary to what is holy just and true. I had a tiny foretaste of what that's like - back in 1999, when my father died. I was with him back then along with many of my family members, and it was an amazing time. God came to me in the night in dreams, and spoke scriptures and songs to my mind, all for the benefit of my father and family. I woke in the middle of the night and wrote down the Scriptures and the Songs He gave me, and the next day we had Church. We sang those songs and I preached a sermon about heaven, and what my father had to look forward to, and how he had nothing to fear... and not to fear for mom, because we loved her too, and she was going to be well cared for. I told my dad that he could stop fighting to live, because dying does not mean you cease to exist, so take God's hand in the light... and above all, do not fear that he will be cut off from us. Because in heaven the saints of God are not cut off from the living. How much they know and can see - I do not know, but it stands to reason that if all the angels of heaven rejoice when one sinner on earth repents - then the saints of heaven know what is going on down here below.  After all - Scripture says that we are surrounded by a great crowd of witnesses.

As far as judging angels - I think I will leave that up to God. As far as judging messengers - I believe we are doing that already. For many have come as if from God, telling us what they want us to believe God told them... and so we have to judge the testimony of the prophets according to Scripture.

I believe heaven is an eternal world of light and love for those who want to see God and be with Him forever. But for those of you who are worried that heaven does not sound right for you, that you would find it altogether boring, and that hell sounds like the happening place... could be you are right about that. I do not believe God will force anyone to live in heaven, who does not want to be there.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 15  •  1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook