Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where do singles go after they die?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 11:33PM #1
rideronthastorm
if everyone goes home to another planet with their loved ones or their family where do Mormon singles go when they die if their immediate family is still alive would mean they have to be alone? what about my grandparents and ancesters will i be with them if I die tomarrow sense Im single?
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 8:42AM #2
mecdukebec

Don't you go into God's Presence, Mormon tree-house heaven, or not?

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 10:50AM #3
Ironhold

The theology is that if a person doesn't get married in life, they'll have a chance to find someone once all the paperwork is getting done during the resurrection.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 10:53AM #4
mecdukebec

Apr 9, 2012 -- 10:50AM, Ironhold wrote:

The theology is that if a person doesn't get married in life, they'll have a chance to find someone once all the paperwork is getting done during the resurrection.

"Paperwork" at the Resurrection:  Will Hermes be the clerk for said "paperwork"?

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 1:45AM #5
Aka_me

I consider the united states a second world country because it's DEAD LAST in the list of countries with high speed bullet trains.

however... if the united states CAN manage to pull off drive by tolling on a floating bridge after months of failures.

then it is unquestionably light years ahead of God when it comes to processing PAPERwork.

Joseph Smith... meet Steve Jobs... he's going to upgrade your record keeping process.

think about it... does God use ANY technology at all?

mainstream Christians don't believe there IS any physical characteristics to heaven or God...

so the answer is a no brainer.

internet troll... anyone who won't stop posting about bad spelling.
the government KILLS and EXPERIMENTS and TORTURES people, without ever apologizing, being held accountable or punished. and you expect me to believe they've automagically grown a conscience to not continue? like bloody hades they have.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 5:00PM #6
Ironhold

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:45AM, Aka_me wrote:

I consider the united states a second world country because it's DEAD LAST in the list of countries with high speed bullet trains.

however... if the united states CAN manage to pull off drive by tolling on a floating bridge after months of failures.

then it is unquestionably light years ahead of God when it comes to processing PAPERwork.

Joseph Smith... meet Steve Jobs... he's going to upgrade your record keeping process.

mainstream Christians don't believe there IS any physical characteristics to heaven or God...

That was a figure of speech, kiddo.

Please be so kind as to think before having outbursts.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 13, 2012 - 7:55PM #7
mecdukebec

Apr 13, 2012 -- 5:00PM, Ironhold wrote:

Apr 13, 2012 -- 1:45AM, Aka_me wrote:

That was a figure of speech, kiddo.

Please be so kind as to think before having outbursts.

Right, and LDS don't worship two gods with corporeal bodies, either.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 1:53AM #8
Theo

Where do singles go when they die?

Last I heard, there was this singles bar in Seattle called Sheol, or Hades for the greek speaking dead. And all the single dead go there to hang out... but I am not speaking from expereince, in as much as I am not dead, and I am not single.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 2:40AM #9
moksha8088

I think Jesus had some thoughts about the presence of marriage in Heaven.

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 16, 2012 - 9:46AM #10
Kemmer

Apr 14, 2012 -- 2:40AM, moksha8088 wrote:

I think Jesus had some thoughts about the presence of marriage in Heaven.

Would a legal Canadian (or Iowa, or Massachusetts) marriage between two men be acceptable in heaven?  Or is there fine print somewhere, recently added?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook