Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 5:03PM #11
rideronthastorm

This is my first update at beliefnet sense the fall. Yep didnt work out right got home found out I needed home health aid didnt know how or if I even could shower or clean my wound its a bikinl inscision on me i weigh 300 some odd pounds in a place I have hard time getting to besides not taking care of myself my docter said it was a bad idea for my other docter to give me bikini inscision at myweight with my fat rolls it wont heal up  plus I did something stupid kind of lost my mind that week after the surgery thinking I could get over it msyelf didnt go to the docter when I had 103 degree temp so here I am 2 and a half weeks later in reahb.Ill be here for abour 3 or 4 more weeks Ill survive though nearly lost my life sort of i was pretty out of it when I finally made it to the docter had 103 degree fever and they ha give me a bloo transfusion because my blood pressure was so low.Anyways Im feeling better now up to being on the net which is good and tehyve got me dressing on my wound giving me very strong antibiotics which make me so sick at my stomach I have a hard time eating so tehyre giving me liquid nourishment at night through a PICC thingy its instead of using yur veins for iv they put a picc  which is like a straw planted in your arm they give me liquid nutrion at night through that anyways im trying to get my aappetite back my mom and sister are coming to bring me spaggetti warehouse today MMMMMMMMMMMMM  I like stuff with tomatoe sauce on it so hopfully ill keeep it down Im doing better with it anyways this is the first time I ever had docters ordering me to eat alot but with this type of wound they got to make me eat alot to keep up my energy and my blood. Theyre gonna go in and do another operation to cut off dry skin and clean me up then tehy may or may not havnt decided yet might go in and chop off some of my fat to close up the wound they havnt decided yet so. But Ill survive at leaste Im up and writing which is good my insurance will be out in 5 weeks so Ill probably leave in 4 weeks or maybe 3 to leave me some hospital time on my insurance this year.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 6:08PM #12
mecdukebec

May 10, 2012 -- 5:03PM, rideronthastorm wrote:

This is my first update at beliefnet sense the fall. Yep didnt work out right got home found out I needed home health aid didnt know how or if I even could shower or clean my wound its a bikinl inscision on me i weigh 300 some odd pounds in a place I have hard time getting to besides not taking care of myself my docter said it was a bad idea for my other docter to give me bikini inscision at myweight with my fat rolls it wont heal up  plus I did something stupid kind of lost my mind that week after the surgery thinking I could get over it msyelf didnt go to the docter when I had 103 degree temp so here I am 2 and a half weeks later in reahb.Ill be here for abour 3 or 4 more weeks Ill survive though nearly lost my life sort of i was pretty out of it when I finally made it to the docter had 103 degree fever and they ha give me a bloo transfusion because my blood pressure was so low.Anyways Im feeling better now up to being on the net which is good and tehyve got me dressing on my wound giving me very strong antibiotics which make me so sick at my stomach I have a hard time eating so tehyre giving me liquid nourishment at night through a PICC thingy its instead of using yur veins for iv they put a picc  which is like a straw planted in your arm they give me liquid nutrion at night through that anyways im trying to get my aappetite back my mom and sister are coming to bring me spaggetti warehouse today MMMMMMMMMMMMM  I like stuff with tomatoe sauce on it so hopfully ill keeep it down Im doing better with it anyways this is the first time I ever had docters ordering me to eat alot but with this type of wound they got to make me eat alot to keep up my energy and my blood. Theyre gonna go in and do another operation to cut off dry skin and clean me up then tehy may or may not havnt decided yet might go in and chop off some of my fat to close up the wound they havnt decided yet so. But Ill survive at leaste Im up and writing which is good my insurance will be out in 5 weeks so Ill probably leave in 4 weeks or maybe 3 to leave me some hospital time on my insurance this year.

God bless in the recovery and the days ahead. 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 6:16PM #13
Aka_me

good to know you're doing better. I hadn't realized how much time had passed.

The UN says the ebola outbreak must be controlled within 60 days or else the world faces an "unprecedented" situation for which there is no plan.
this is absolutely fantastic as it unites the world into being OUR problem rather than THEIR problem.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 7:58PM #14
wohali

Rider, hang in there, it gets better.

I was back to work 3 weeks after a quadruple bypass and cardiac aneurism repair. Everybody is just different in that regard.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 10, 2012 - 8:39PM #15
Habala?!
Recovery is often difficult, but things will improve. I hope you feel better soon.
"When you walk, you might like to take the hand of a child. She will receive your concentration and stability, and you will receive her freshness and innocence." -Tich Naht Hanh
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 21, 2012 - 7:13PM #16
rideronthastorm

Thanks all. Its hard being away from home for so long Im all tied up with dressing so. But I got a tiny surgery tomarrow to clean up my wound again then a week from wednessday got to get a tummy tuck my big surgery to cut off some of my fat to close up my wound after that no more surgerys. I might get to go home 2 weeks after my last big surgery got my fingers crossed anyways.pray for me

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 21, 2012 - 9:44PM #17
Ironhold

May 10, 2012 -- 7:58PM, wohali wrote:

Rider, hang in there, it gets better.

I was back to work 3 weeks after a quadruple bypass and cardiac aneurism repair. Everybody is just different in that regard.

Had all four wisdom teeth out on the same day.

I actually scared the oral surgeon because even with two syringes full of anasthetic per tooth I was still coherent enough to actually have a conversation with him.

I actually walked out to my mom's van under my own power (I was told not to drive because everyone assumed I'd be totally out of it), remembered that the pharmacy I was supposed to get my antibiotics from takes a long time to fill orders (it's the pharmacy for the local Army hospital; active duty soldiers come first, and they'll bump people because of it), and asked to go to the mall so that I could get a book to read.

Unfortunately, the pharmacy took so long that day the anasthetic wore off while I was waiting. Not a fun experience.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 21, 2012 - 11:09PM #18
li47
Rider, thanks for the update. It sounds as if you've really had some challenges with your recovery!
Surgery is never easy to recover from, and I wish you all the best as you progress back to good health.
Hang in there, I'll keep you in my prayers.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 22, 2012 - 12:14AM #19
rideronthastorm

Of course the good part in this, if there are any? weight loss, ive gotten down to 336 from 356 because the anibiotics so strong they made me too sick too eat for awhile everything kept coming up but now I eat with lots of pickles and they give me nausea medicine pickles calm a nauseated stomach it helps me anyways and then when i have my tummy tuck Ill lose another 20-30 lbs which will be cool. Also been praying trying to develop a better relationship with God want to be a apart of Christianity when I get back home.So thats a good had a talk with God when I first got here it scared me, I had 103 degree fever infected and coughing vomitting I was a mess so maybe this can be my turn around with God as well...................better relationship with him anyways

its interesting iron Ive had a bunch of teeth pulled out but you are brave if you had all 4 pulled out at once you must have a high tolerance for pain!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook