Post Reply
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Switch to Forum Live View Odds of life on Earth
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:00PM #121
redshifted
Posts: 2,283

May 11, 2012 -- 3:51PM, steven_guy wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:43PM, redshifted wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:40PM, steven_guy wrote:


I guess I am from the "Anarchy In The U.K." generation.




What's the criteria here? 20 years from when you were born?




Being a teenager I guess.




Then I guess that puts me in the "heyday of bad 80s music" generation. Ah, those were the days. Still have the hots for Susanna Hoffs...

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:14PM #122
steven_guy
Posts: 11,751

May 11, 2012 -- 4:00PM, redshifted wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:51PM, steven_guy wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:43PM, redshifted wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:40PM, steven_guy wrote:


I guess I am from the "Anarchy In The U.K." generation.




What's the criteria here? 20 years from when you were born?




Being a teenager I guess.




Then I guess that puts me in the "heyday of bad 80s music" generation. Ah, those were the days. Still have the hots for Susanna Hoffs...




I remember good music from the 1980s: New Order, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Cabaret Voltaire, D.A.F., Fad Gadget, Scritti Politti, David Sylvian, Bill Nelson, The Cocteau Twins, Chaka Khan, Shannon, et cetera.


Who is or was Susanna Hoffs?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:32PM #123
redshifted
Posts: 2,283

May 11, 2012 -- 4:14PM, steven_guy wrote:


I remember good music from the 1980s: New Order, Yellow Magic Orchestra, Cabaret Voltaire, D.A.F., Fad Gadget, Scritti Politti, David Sylvian, Bill Nelson, The Cocteau Twins, Chaka Khan, Shannon, et cetera.


Who is or was Susanna Hoffs?




Yeah, there was definitely some good stuff too. 


Susanna was in The Bangles:


youtu.be/aLzrRAs8fdc

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 4:42PM #124
redshifted
Posts: 2,283

How the hell do you embed a youtube video? I tried using that "embedded media" icon but it didn't work. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 6:01PM #125
Ken
Posts: 33,859

May 11, 2012 -- 4:42PM, redshifted wrote:


How the hell do you embed a youtube video? I tried using that "embedded media" icon but it didn't work. 



Under the video you will find "share." Select "embed" and copy it (it is already highlighted for you). Then simply paste it into your Beliefnet post.




Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 6:05PM #126
Ken
Posts: 33,859

May 11, 2012 -- 3:51PM, steven_guy wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:43PM, redshifted wrote:


May 11, 2012 -- 3:40PM, steven_guy wrote:


I guess I am from the "Anarchy In The U.K." generation.




What's the criteria here? 20 years from when you were born?




Being a teenager I guess.



No, you should have been at least eighteen. Twenty is perfect.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 9:46PM #127
Paladinsf
Posts: 3,660

May 10, 2012 -- 5:46PM, Thetwofish wrote:

Hahahaha...I love you guys.  The Christians can have Heaven...I'll take Hell with you guys any day

Peace


<'{{><


Go to heaven for the climate. Go to hell for the company.


Mark Twain

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2012 - 11:40PM #128
teilhard
Posts: 52,252

LOL ...


Another well-known Complication: "In Heaven there is no Beer; that's why we drink it here ... "


May 11, 2012 -- 9:46PM, Paladinsf wrote:

May 10, 2012 -- 5:46PM, Thetwofish wrote:


Hahahaha...I love you guys.  The Christians can have Heaven...I'll take Hell with you guys any day


Peace


<'{{><




Go to heaven for the climate. Go to hell for the company.


Mark Twain





Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 11:11AM #129
redshifted
Posts: 2,283

May 11, 2012 -- 6:01PM, Ken wrote:


Under the video you will find "share." Select "embed" and copy it (it is already highlighted for you). Then simply paste it into your Beliefnet post.



Thanks, I tried that at first but it doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my browser. I'm using Safari right now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2012 - 8:30PM #130
mountain_man
Posts: 40,587

Back to the topic; the odds of life on Earth. Well.... those odds of life evolving on Earth are far better than Roedoe every participating in a discussion here.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 13 of 13  •  Prev 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook