Page 3 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next
Switch to Forum Live View What exactly is Armageddon?
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 9:50PM #21
Svetlana

Apr 7, 2012 -- 9:00PM, Regina_Jones wrote:

Apr 7, 2012 -- 7:53PM, Oeste wrote:

Christian churches are more concerned about entering the kingdom than they are Armageddon.

True tragic words.

Why "tragic"?  If you strengthen your relationship with God NOW, then Armageddon won't matter to you.  Love God and your neighbor NOW, and you'll be fine.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:06PM #22
Knowsnothing

2,000 years of preaching Armageddon.  Christians are the veritable "boy who cried wolf".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:12PM #23
Regina_Jones

Apr 7, 2012 -- 10:06PM, Knowsnothing wrote:

2,000 years of preaching Armageddon.  Christians are the veritable "boy who cried wolf".

Although I think that is a bit harsh, remember the wolf ultimately did appear and consider the motivation attributed to the boy by Aesop.

The punch line may reflect where you are at, but it does not reflect the work of the true Christians.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:20PM #24
Knowsnothing

Apr 7, 2012 -- 10:12PM, Regina_Jones wrote:

Although I think that is a bit harsh, remember the wolf ultimately did appear and consider the motivation attributed to the boy by Aesop.

The punch line may reflect where you are at, but it does not reflect the work of the true Christians.

The analogy need not be tit for tat to be applicable.  If it sounds harsh, it's only because it reflects the reality.

By the way, what is the work of true Christians?  Preaching a reconciliation?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:27PM #25
Regina_Jones

Apr 7, 2012 -- 10:20PM, Knowsnothing wrote:

Apr 7, 2012 -- 10:12PM, Regina_Jones wrote:

The analogy need not be tit for tat to be applicable.  If it sounds harsh, it's only because it reflects the reality.

"Analogies prove nothing, that is true" wrote Sigmund Freud, "but they can make one feel more at home." Wink

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:38PM #26
Knowsnothing

Apr 7, 2012 -- 4:20PM, Ed2 wrote:

But getting back to what I was saying about how the governmental/political powers had already utterly destroyed the international kingdom or system of religion...with them being still bloodthirsty with the destruction of global religion....they then turn their attention to the one religion that is still is suppose to exist on earth...Jehovah's Witnesses. And when they finally attempt to also annihilate and completely destroy JWs...that is suppose to represent the governmental/political powers waging war on God himself...whcih according to JWs, constitutes Armageddon.

Therefore, does anyone see any problems with this explantion? Do JWs agree or disagree with this explanation...and/or did I leave anything out?

Any comments on this topic will be appreciated.

This is a fair assessment.  I'm not aware that much has changed. 

Anyways, my comment.  JW's have no problem seeing things this way.  They believe the majority of Biblical prophecies fulfill in them, and this is just another one of those "modern fulfillments". 

It's yet another part of the JW persecution/superiority complex.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:37PM #27
Theo

Regena:

True tragic words.

Rev 16:16 > And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

How tragic??? Come on lady - ONE verse out of the entire NT mentions Armageddon, and you think it's tragic that most churches focus on the Gospel and entering the Kingdom of God over Armageddon? I am sorry, but I have a problem with that.

I do not advocate that Churches ignore Bible prophecy, I believe there is a good reason to focus on end times and things to come - once in a while. But having been around the block a few times, I have also seen Christians and Churches that are soooo focused on end times, that they ignore the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And frankly some people ignore their own well being too, or that of loved ones and dependants, because the end of all things is upon us!

When these folks chance to meet people on the street, instead of sharing with them the Gospel, all they want to talk about is the earthquake that happened last week in Indonesia, or Pakistan, or wherever, and how that is a sign that Jesus is coming soon. Or they talk about how Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem have perfected a line of Red cattle, so now they have a Red Heifer, and thus have the means to sanctify a high priest and all the sanctuary utensils and furniture. Oh awe! Who cares!

Frankly nonsense like that totally obscures the message of the Gospel, when those who should be preaching Jesus Christ, get derailed by focusing on Armageddon, or Red Heifers, or the latest famine or earth quake. Sadly, JWs got derailed long time ago, and instead of preaching faith in Christ, majored on thinks like Armageddon, the Pyramid in Gaza, 1914, blood transfusions, and your panacea dreaming about life in the kingdom of God.

Now if you ask me - that is truly tragic.

~ Theophilus

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:40PM #28
Kemmer

It began in 1914 and it happened in heaven (Satan was asked to resign), and the earth began to have woes  soon after that because  as it says Satan is very angry.

Yup.  In all of History before 1914, the total sum of humanity was just one, big, happy family.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 11:54PM #29
Regina_Jones

Apr 7, 2012 -- 11:37PM, Theo wrote:

Rev 16:16 > And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

How tragic??? Come on lady - ONE verse out of the entire NT mentions Armageddon, and you think it's tragic that most churches focus on the Gospel and entering the Kingdom of God over Armageddon? I am sorry, but I have a problem with that.

I do not advocate that Churches ignore Bible prophecy, I believe there is a good reason to focus on end times and things to come - once in a while. But having been around the block a few times, I have also seen Christians and Churches that are soooo focused on end times, that they ignore the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And frankly some people ignore their own well being too, or that of loved ones and dependants, because the end of all things is upon us!

When these folks chance to meet people on the street, instead of sharing with them the Gospel, all they want to talk about is the earthquake that happened last week in Indonesia, or Pakistan, or wherever, and how that is a sign that Jesus is coming soon. Or they talk about how Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem have perfected a line of Red cattle, so now they have a Red Heifer, and thus have the means to sanctify a high priest and all the sanctuary utensils and furniture. Oh awe! Who cares!

Frankly nonsense like that totally obscures the message of the Gospel, when those who should be preaching Jesus Christ, get derailed by focusing on Armageddon, or Red Heifers, or the latest famine or earth quake. Sadly, JWs got derailed long time ago, and instead of preaching faith in Christ, majored on thinks like Armageddon, the Pyramid in Gaza, 1914, blood transfusions, and your panacea dreaming about life in the kingdom of God.

Now if you ask me - that is truly tragic.

~ Theophilus

Your post illustrates how little you know about Jehovah's Witnesses or what they preach and teach.  They, more than others, are ALL about preaching faith in Christ and what that means 365/24/7.

edited to account for numerical dyslexia

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 08, 2012 - 12:44AM #30
Kemmer

Your post illustrates how little you know about Jehovah's Witnesses or what they preach and teach.  They, more than others, are ALL about preaching faith in Christ and what that means 356/24/7.

Preaching faith in Christ doesn't feed the poor, heal the sick, or educate.  Preaching definitely NOT on the cheap.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 42  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 42 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook