Page 17 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Switch to Forum Live View Jesus- Jew or Christian?
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 1:38PM #161
mainecaptain

Jun 15, 2012 -- 12:21PM, LeahOne wrote:

I usually go later in the day, but I'm being 'efficient' today.  I'm moving the DH's Father's Day dinner to Shabbat : ))  

That's because Sunday the son goes to sign the lease on his 'real' post-student apartment, so we can't have dinner together then.  : ((

(((((Leah)))))

Bittersweet about the son, but thrilling to know he is doing so well.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 2:54PM #162
Sacrificialgoddess

Jun 15, 2012 -- 12:21PM, LeahOne wrote:

I usually go later in the day, but I'm being 'efficient' today.  I'm moving the DH's Father's Day dinner to Shabbat : ))  

That's because Sunday the son goes to sign the lease on his 'real' post-student apartment, so we can't have dinner together then.  : ((

He's all grown up now!

I bet you are really, really proud of him, as you should be.   :)

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 4:16PM #163
LeahOne

Yes I am very proud of him.  He pretty well has his first real job lined up after the summer research work - it's with the same professor, who was also his research advisor and who NAGGED the kid to apply for the position.

But just in case, he is working on resumes for other potential jobs.  AND he is still investigating having the Navy or Public Health Service send him to med school....

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 5:12PM #164
Kingdom357

The poor old Biddy wonders why all of you are here?  Lonely????  Sunday my grandaughter came home to visit, with her husband and 3 month old daugher, my great grandaughter.  My grandaughter has a phD and is an Asst. Professor at a southern college.  Wait Leah till you have one of your own great little creatures.  I also have a three year old great grandson he is the cutest. Sometimes I wish I were a little more lonely, so I could just sit home and relax.

As for talking about Yeshua, I didn't start this conversation.  The question being is Jesus Christian or Jew.  My answer is He is a Jew.  My question would then have to be How could a Jewish man raised in a Jewish home teach the nonsense taught in todays churches.  My answer is simply He didn't!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 15, 2012 - 11:55PM #165
Bunsinspace

Jun 15, 2012 -- 5:12PM, Kingdom357 wrote:

... My answer is simply He didn't!

BS"D

Good answer IMHO.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 5:12AM #166
river8101

Wohali,

Has anyone told you lately that your posts are great?!!!!  Short, to the point, and great!  It's a gift to be able to put a feeling all in a nutshell as you can do.  I love that.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 17, 2012 - 9:49PM #167
wohali

Thank you River, but praise is underserved.

I'm just a grouchy old Indian.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 18, 2012 - 10:49PM #168
Bunsinspace

Jun 17, 2012 -- 9:49PM, wohali wrote:

Thank you River, but praise is underserved.

I'm just a grouchy old Indian.

BS"D

Better a grouchy old Indian than a loquaciously deceptive European any day.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 17 of 17  •  Prev 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook