Wabbit,

Feel free to pm me. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 10:12AM #42
Dudette

Hi nieciedo!

You write:

Why? Why does this strike you as a good thing?

Because I'm used to religious people accepting the Scriptures blindly.  The idea of questionning is a breath of fresh air.

I have to add that I dislike it when people write insulting things so will not respond if it happens again.  It is unfortunate because you seem to be a great source of information and I'd like to keep it this way!

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 12:22PM #43
Pam34

Shusha - being fluent in Hebrew is nice but not necessary. You can always convert and just keep working on it.

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 10:16PM #44
JAstor

One of the classic rabbinic teachings goes:

"Rabbi Masya ben (son of) Charash said... better to be the tail of lions rather than the head of foxes."

Apr 14, 2012 -- 1:33AM, Shusha wrote:

On a more serious note, I have absolutely no right to comment on this, as all I have of Judaism so far is the ideas.  I'm still playing around with levels of observance.  Shall I be a not perfectly observant Orthodox Jew (a bad Jew), a not perfectly observant Conservative Jew (a very bad Jew), or a not perfectly observant Reform Jew (a very very bad Jew\not really Jew at all)?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 14, 2012 - 11:17PM #45
Pam34

One doesn't join a movement so much as one joins oneself to a community. After that, one lives within that community and judges one's behavior by the standards of that community. What other communities may think of your level of observance is not relevant, so just tell them not to let the door hit them on the way out.

So speaketh - me.

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 15, 2012 - 12:31AM #46
howiedds

Shusha:

Take Pam's advice. Personally, I thought you were already where you needed to be when we first met some time ago, with your Jewish people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 5 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook