Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 59 of 87  •  Prev 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 Next
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 12:57PM #581
jlb32168

May 23, 2012 -- 11:05AM, Paladinsf wrote:

Not at all. You have . . .

I have determined for myself that I have little to learn from you – save how to debate illogically.  I read no further than the “have” so I hope you didn’t work too hard.

Victim of this, victim of that, your mama’s too thin and your daddy’s too fat, get over it! - the Eagles
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:16PM #582
Kwinters

May 23, 2012 -- 10:09AM, Blü wrote:

Adelphe

Supernatural =/= imaginary.

Since it's never been done before, I await with enormous interest your satisfactory demonstration of the supernatural in reality.

Me too. 

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:17PM #583
Kwinters

May 23, 2012 -- 11:06AM, Paladinsf wrote:

Adelphe

Since it's never been done before, I await with enormous interest your satisfactory demonstration of the supernatural in reality.

Send me a PM when you get an valid answer.

Otherwise I will continue my nap.

I am not exactly sure when I first read Blu's challenge, however I think to safe to say that this challege has stood for at least a few years.

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:44PM #584
Paladinsf

May 23, 2012 -- 12:57PM, jlb32168 wrote:

Not at all. You have . . .

I have determined for myself that I have little to learn from you – save how to debate illogically.  I read no further than the “have” so I hope you didn’t work too hard.

No, not hard work at all.Laughing

Your posts don't present that level of diffculity.Wink

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.
The belief in supernatural religion will kill us all if we don't outgrow it.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 1:46PM #585
Ed.W

Unless you believe the entire Bible to be a work of fiction, then the NT and the OT are full of miracles.

The biggest in the NT is of course the resurrection of Christ.

Let me point out that it is not "logical" to believe the NT to be a work of fiction, as the only basis for such a conclusion is that you reject the possibility of miracles and have no logical reason for doing so.

Miracles still do occur, but none that I could prove 'to your satisfaction'. 

But the resurrection of Jesus is one that is widely accepted.  There was an empty tomb, which was guarded, even the Jews at the time attested to the fact that the body was gone.  Many people saw Jesus, some at the same time, after his resurrection.

Therefore there is evidence that the natural world is not "all there is".

Sorry that Blu and Kristi had to wait so long for the proof that was right under their noses.

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:22PM #586
Adelphe

Adelphe

Do you concede that supernatural =/= imaginary, or are these two more entries for your private dictionary?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 3:38PM #587
Adelphe

My argument was and IS that taking advice on raising children from pedophiles is rather like taking business advice from the mafia. IF one listens to - and sadly many do - one or more of the pedophiles currently in good standing in the HRCC one is doing something very like listening to the mafia.

And it has been demonstrated again and again that this is a fallacy.

You don't like Christianity--why should we take your advice here?  "IF one listens to - and sadly many do - one or more of the Christianity-haters currently in good standing in the secular community one is doing something very like listening to Stalin."

See how (stupidly) that works?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 7:00PM #588
Paladinsf

May 23, 2012 -- 3:38PM, Adelphe wrote:

My argument was and IS that taking advice on raising children from pedophiles is rather like taking business advice from the mafia. IF one listens to - and sadly many do - one or more of the pedophiles currently in good standing in the HRCC one is doing something very like listening to the mafia.

You don't like Christianity--why should we take your advice here?  "IF one listens to - and sadly many do - one or more of the Christianity-haters currently in good standing in the secular community one is doing something very like listening to Stalin."

No, actually I don't.

But if you want to go find your local sex offender and ask for advice about child raising- go for it.

The World is divided into armed camps ready to commit genocide just because we can't agree on whose fairy tales to believe.

When I first read "End of Faith" I thought Sam went too far. The more I read and listen to these "believers" the more I wonder if maybe he wasn't right after all.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 7:00PM #589
Paladinsf

No, actually I don't.

But if you want to go find your local sex offender and ask for advice about child raising- go for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  May 23, 2012 - 7:25PM #590
Ed.W

May 23, 2012 -- 7:00PM, Paladinsf wrote:

No, actually I don't.

That's not a logical argument, Paladin. 

If a child molester argues that it is wrong to molest a child, are you going to disagree?

Tu quoque ( /tˈkwkw/),[1] (Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented.[2] Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument.[3]

‘Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.’ --Lao Tzu
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 59 of 87  •  Prev 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 87 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook