Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 7:44AM #31
Adelphe

Thanks, everyone.  Merope has directed the programmers to this thread as they work on the problem so your reports are helpful.

She also provided the following in a private email to me as of 3 a.m. (my time, ET), a portion of which I don't think she'd have a problem with me sharing...

"...I uploaded it [the screenshots I sent her] to the work ticket I'd already submitted to our platform provider.

So they're working on the issue.  The Multiquote function is working now, and we no longer get the "Quick Reply" screen when we hit "Post Reply."

The glitch is pretty widespread, unfortunately..."

and she goes on to mention a number of browsers so it's not a browser issue (so you're not alone no matter which browser you're using and there's no need to change browsers to try to work around it.)

Thanks again.

Smile

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 9:22AM #32
stardustpilgrim

Actually.........the first time I came to this thread, there was nothing here. I just though it was Adelphe's sense of humor....haven't come back, until now, I just got it..........Why? Well, I have noticed that from time to time I go to a thread, or try to post something (mostly editing a post), and nothing is there. It's happened twice just this morning.......

So........it just hit me what the (this) Empty Thread, thread, is about (OLD age.......mind is going :-)........came here, and actually found stuff here.....

Documenting that this has happened to me at least 8-10 times in just a few days....since being back....

sdp

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory. Alfred Korzybski
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 9:25AM #33
stardustpilgrim

Apr 5, 2012 -- 12:25PM, Thomas A Quinas wrote:

Though I always see text on my computer screen, so many of these threads seem rather "empty" to me.Tongue OutWink

...ba-da bump-bump........

The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to.
The Way of Chuang Tzu by Thomas Merton

A map is not the territory. Alfred Korzybski
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 06, 2012 - 3:30PM #34

I just got several a few moments ago

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 1:27AM #35
Ed2

I'm getting them all over the board...and I just got one from a thread in the DJW forum.

Also, for some reason, I'm thinking that these 'empyt threads' have something to do with new full page ads that have the sound and mini-movie animation in them...such as the Lee's Famous Fried Chicken ad.

And I don't know if we're suppose to post screenshots in this thread, but here is a screenshot of when I tried to click on another page of a thread in the DJW forum:

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

~Dr. Patrick Dowling, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 11/23/11.)

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 10:46AM #36
Ed2

I'm also having problems with indentation. In this post #199:

community.beliefnet.com/go/thread/view/4...

I can't get the two 'green' paragraphs to be indented and aligned together. As a matter of fact, in the open box or space where you compose/edit your post, the first 'green' paragraph is indented more to the left...and the second green paragraph is indented more to the right. But as you can see in my post, it turns out to be the reverse of that when the post is finished and displayed on the board for public reading.  

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:16PM #37
Blü

On another board here the last part of the last line of my post read -

need not detain us.)

When I hit 'enter' it was changed to

need="" not="" detain="" us="" p=""

I corrected it via the edit function and when I then hit 'enter' all went well.

Does anyone have a spell for casting out gremlins?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 07, 2012 - 8:48PM #38
Ed2

Apr 7, 2012 -- 8:16PM, Blü wrote:

Does anyone have a spell for casting out gremlins?

LOL! Now I probably shouldn't be saying this, but it seems as if everytime there's a very controversial discussion over at the DJW forum, the board starts to go kookoo. Surprised

Or at least that has been my perception.

~Ed2

~Ed2(See post #53)

~Ed2(See post #145)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 7:59PM #39
Merope

Hi, all,

We think the empty thread issue has been resolved.  But I'd like to check in with y'all to see whether anyone is still encountering empty threads.  If you are, please let me know by posting here.

Thanks!

Merope | Beliefnet Community Manager
Problems? Send a message to Beliefnet_community
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 30, 2012 - 8:13PM #40
Adelphe

Apr 30, 2012 -- 7:59PM, Merope wrote:

Hi, all,

We think the empty thread issue has been resolved.  But I'd like to check in with y'all to see whether anyone is still encountering empty threads.  If you are, please let me know by posting here.

Thanks!

Just happened to me on the "Describe Heaven" thread and hasn't since about the last time someone posted on this thread.

I had to "show oldest posts" first to continue to posting.

And I don't know if it's just me but there's something strange going on with the font.  Italics sometimes on the bnet generated stuff (not posts) (but I haven't paid enough attention to be able to say just exactly what and where.) 

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook