Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Switch to Forum Live View apollonius of tyana
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 7:57AM #11
Adelphe

Apr 6, 2012 -- 10:45AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Apr 6, 2012 -- 9:56AM, Adelphe wrote:

... you could confuse so thouroughly embarrassingly [1] "embarrassment" as emotion and [2] "embarrassment" as a scholarly test of authenticity:

"Scholars usually solve the second question by invoking 'criteria of authenticity', such as embarrassment (some things are too embarrassing for Christians to be invented)"

The poor lady doesn't even realize that [2] "'embarrassment' as a scholarly test of authenticity" is rooted precisely in [1] "'embarrassment' as emotion" ...

... as the phrase "some things are too embarrassing for Christians to be invented" fully confirms.

More, what else does the poor lady speak of, with her ...

“... that the royalty referred to in [Balaam's prophecy, Numbers 24:17-19] should ultimately be born in such lowly circumstances I believe was embarrassing.”

... if not of [1] "embarrassment" as emotion?

MdS

Why don't can't you just admit your complete and total blunder here?

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:28AM #12
Miguel_de_servet

Apr 11, 2012 -- 7:57AM, Adelphe wrote:

The pseudo-scholarly blunder, and the persistent obtuseness, is entirely of the poor lady, here ... EmbarassedCool

MdS

Revelation is above, not against Reason

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 8:49AM #13
Adelphe

Apr 11, 2012 -- 8:28AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 7:57AM, Adelphe wrote:

The pseudo-scholarly blunder, and the persistent obtuseness, is entirely of the poor lady, here ...

MdS

Unbelievable.

You'd die before admitting a blunder.

I'm sure there's a (multisyllabic) name for that...

Unless I am convinced by Scripture and plain reason, my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not retract anything, for to go against conscience would be neither right nor safe.  Here I stand.  I can do no other.  God help me.  Amen.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:00AM #14
Miguel_de_servet

Apr 11, 2012 -- 8:49AM, Adelphe wrote:

You'd die before admitting a blunder.

Perhaps the poor lady should go back to post #10 and try to read it, calmly, coolly and collectedly ... 

I'm sure there's a (multisyllabic) name for that...

Disyllabic?

MdS

“The everlasting God is a refuge, and underneath you are his eternal arms ...” (Deut 33:27)
“Do you have an arm like God, and can you thunder with a voice like his?” (Job 40:9)
“By the Lord’s word [dabar] the heavens were made; and by the breath [ruwach] of his mouth all their host.” (Psalm 33:6)
“Who would have believed what we just heard? When was the arm of the Lord revealed through him?” (Isaiah 53:1)
“Lord, who has believed our message, and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?” (John 12:38)
“For not the hearers of the law are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared righteous.” (Romans 2:13)

“Owe no one anything, except to love one another, for the one who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law.”(Romans 13:8)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:05AM #15
Adelphe

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:00AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Perhaps the poor lady should go back to post #10 and try to read it, calmly, coolly and collectedly ...

Perhaps you should go back and try reading #9 and apply it to the stupidity we read in #8.  What, is it all the embarrass faces that stirs you up?

Disyllabic?

MdS

No, multi.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:22AM #16
Miguel_de_servet

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:05AM, Adelphe wrote:

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:00AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Perhaps you should go back and try reading #9 and apply it to the stupidity we read in #8.  What, is it all the embarrass faces that stirs you up?

Well, I've tried. I can only confirm what I've written at post #12 ...

Disyllabic?

No, multi.

Two IS multi ...

... as opposed to mono ... SurprisedCool

MdS

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:26AM #17
davelaw40

y'all stop your petty sniping

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:41AM #18
Adelphe

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:26AM, davelaw40 wrote:

y'all stop your petty sniping

LOL

yas'm

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:43AM #19
davelaw40

that would be SIR

Non Quis, Sed Quid
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 11, 2012 - 9:57AM #20
Adelphe

Apr 11, 2012 -- 9:22AM, Miguel_de_servet wrote:

Well, I've tried. I can only confirm what I've written at post #12 ...

Is royalty typically born on the way as the King and Queen travel on a donkey to register for a census in order to pay their taxes?

Does royalty typically find no room at some inn for the Queen to give birth?

Is royalty typically placed in beast of burden feeding mangers?

Do virgins typically get pregnant by "spirits"?

Do husbands typically believe their wives when they tell them they were impregnated by "spirits"?

Two IS multi ...

I'm afraid it takes more than that...

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook