Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 6:29PM #31

Apr 1, 2012 -- 6:07PM, dio wrote:

If Jesus existed is not a question for me, What was he trying to do?

He was trying to atone for your sins.

Actually trying is a bad word to use.  It is bad because Jesus did atone for your sns.  

The proof will be celebrated next Sunday, Easter..when God the father stamped the receipt....PAID IN FULL. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 7:24PM #32
Rgurley4

QUESTION:

Discuss Christ-following!.. Did Jesus (the God-Man) Exist?

ANSWER: On the authority of ancient historical and spirit-superintended  documents as proof, I BELIEVE/have spiritual FAITH that the historical Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, the Messiah, Son of God, Son of Man, the God-Man, LORD and my Master/Adonai...EXISTED...Body + Soul + Spirit as a spiritual PERSON of the eternal TRI-UNE GOD.

Moderated by Adelphe on Apr 28, 2012 - 04:03PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 7:33PM #33
Rgurley4

QUESTION: Discuss Christ-following! > Did Jesus (the God-Man) EXIST? 

ANSWER:

On the authority of ancient historical / Spirit-superintended / "breathed"  documents as proof,
 I BELIEVE / have spiritual FAITH in the FACTS that:
the historical Jesus of Nazareth, the Christ, the Messiah, Son of God, Son of Man, the God-Man, LORD and my Master/Adonai...
EXISTED...Body + Soul + Spirit as a spiritual PERSON of the eternal TRI-UNE GOD,  the 3-in-1 Godhead.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 9:18PM #34
Blü

In fact there are many other books that never made it into the bible that tell of Jesus Christ.  What of them?

They'd need to be written earlier than John, which is already some 65-70 years after the event, two or three generations in terms of the life expectancy in those days.

Which texts do you have in mind, specifically?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2012 - 10:32PM #35
Bob_the_Lunatic

Apr 1, 2012 -- 6:29PM, 57 wrote:

Apr 1, 2012 -- 6:07PM, dio wrote:

If Jesus existed is not a question for me, What was he trying to do?

He was trying to atone for your sins.

Actually trying is a bad word to use.  It is bad because Jesus did atone for your sns.  

The proof will be celebrated next Sunday, Easter..when God the father stamped the receipt....PAID IN FULL. 

No he wasn't and no he didn't:  Jesus didn't even know about us, and like anyone else, likely knew a few hundred people, that's it.  So at best he was "trying" to atone for a few hundred people's sins, and failed to atone for even his own!

And now you say your god stamped the receipt?  But I thought jesus WAS your god.... you make no sense, are they two different people or the same?  And Easter is a pagan holiday and it's all about fun for kids not celebrating some zombie that likely never existed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 11:10AM #36
Kwinters

:-( Who broke the page?

Jesus had two dads, and he turned out alright.~ Andy Gussert

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

If someone says, “Oh, I’m not a feminist,” I ask, “Why, what’s your problem?”

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 1:08PM #37
JimRigas

Well, you went away to read your stupid Ehrman book and you left us alone without guidance.  As Aesop once said, "When the cat is away the mice dance." 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 7:41AM #38
Kwinters

Have finished the book while travelling (Belfast, London, Paris. Ah, my hard life ;) ).  Will do a summary of the chapters' main points and my overall impressions when I have time.

“Feminism has fought no wars. It has killed no opponents. It has set up no concentration camps, starved no enemies, practiced no cruelties. Its battles have been for education, for the vote, for better working conditions…for safety on the streets…for child care, for social welfare…for rape crisis centers, women’s refuges, reforms in the law.

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 7:42AM #39
Kwinters

Another post to hopefully tip me over to page 2!

Dale Spender
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Apr 10, 2012 - 8:13AM #40
dio

Some people say there are two Jesuses, the historic and the resurrected. Christianity is based on the resurrected Jesus, and a hope for his return.  As early as Paul's time the historic Jesus was irrelevant.

When I asked what was his mission its because as early as day one Christians were looking forward to the return of Christ. Why? Something more needed to happen?

The return of a historic Christ is more relevant than searching for the historic Jesus who I believe was a self annointed Rabbi who got killed because he couldn't win  the support of the Pharisees to his cause of trying to reform the temple priest cult, Saducee law cult and Herodian royal cult.

What will Christ do when he returns? Probably continue trying to reform religions, laws and governments.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 5  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook