Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
Switch to Forum Live View Islamophobia is counter-factual
2 years ago  ::  Apr 17, 2012 - 3:00PM #31
posterboy

Mar 27, 2012 -- 2:39AM, Ibn wrote:

It is so nice to read about some facts about Jihad, rules of engagement in religious books, and something against usual political trash against a religion on these boards.

Of course even a Baha'i can teach these guys where they are going wrong day after day, and then they wonder why they can't win the war, something has to be wrong somewhere. If a Baha'i understands so much about Islam, it can't be that difficult to understand it for others who actually like to talk about it more often.

Well said, Lilwabbit.

Ibn

P.S. I wonder how long it will take someone to twist "a struggle" to "my struggle".

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 2:54AM #32
posterboy

Ibn,  I  was wondering if  by the term "my struggle"  you were making a word play alluding to "Mein Kampf"  I neglected to include this query in my last post.  Sorry about that.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 7:13AM #33
BDboy

Apr 18, 2012 -- 2:54AM, posterboy wrote:

Ibn,  I  was wondering if  by the term "my struggle"  you were making a word play alluding to "Mein Kampf"  I neglected to include this query in my last post.  Sorry about that.

>>>>> I can certainly say, "Mein Kampf" has NO relations with any Islamic scriptures or philosophy. Kindly ask relevant questions...

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 8:00AM #34
visio

Apr 17, 2012 -- 3:52AM, posterboy wrote:

There is no creation myth in Buddhism to explain the origin of human suffering.  Buddhism traditionally attributes human suffering to "the three poisons"  They are translated as ignorance, hatred, and greed.   Demagogue followers of   religious  paths  have misused them  and what ensues is rancour among the tribes of mankind.  Sectarian zealots like to take the most obscure, and corrupt manifestations of  other religions  and use these non-normative facets ( often exhibited under conditions of severe social tumult) and present them as typical in polemics against  entire cultures and faiths.  This intellectual dishonesty is frequently found among Christian evangelists  who instead of sticking to  emphasizing positive attributes of Christianity, traduce other faiths. 

So folks, do your own research.  For starters,  you could read the Bible,  The Quran, Rig Veda.  representative  Buddhist sutras,  and to gain an appreciation of historic development of European and Islamic societies, definitely read Gibbon's "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"including the Latin source footnotes, and the "Bokhara Hadith".  Then you will avoid giving credence to some of the nasty canards implied in some of these posts.  You are right,  Miraj.  

Well there wasn't that much of creation myth was revealed to Gautama Buddha.   He was so obsessed with suffering and made that his focus on meditation/contemplation.   So he took a long star cruise and obsrve symptomatic apparent cause without getting to the root of their hidden cause.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 18, 2012 - 12:56PM #35
posterboy

My allusion to "my struggle" and translating the term into German as "mein kampf"  illustrates how the false ego can cause an  individual delude themselves and work against the general good of an "ummah" or " corpus of believers."  The Sufic term is  " Nafs".  That is what Ibn brought to mind in his commentary, and implied by "MY struggle"  If people can extrapolate from specific terms to general principals,  they will gain better insight into how they can present their faith to the rest of the world.  So far as I have been able to determine there is not controversy over the canon of the Qur'an in Arabic so it should be a continual template for translations.  Islamophobia is hysteria cultivated  by the  fanatical malcontents  who hope to gain power and influence over others.  Vilifying others who have done  you no harm is "bearing false witness against your neighbour" .  Historically it has had terrible consequences throughout the world.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 9:42AM #36
Ibn

Apr 18, 2012 -- 12:56PM, posterboy wrote:

My allusion to "my struggle" and translating the term into German as "mein kampf"  illustrates how the false ego can cause an  individual delude themselves and work against the general good of an "ummah" or " corpus of believers."  The Sufic term is  " Nafs".  That is what Ibn brought to mind in his commentary, and implied by "MY struggle".

In Islam, it is "Struggle" ("Jihad") rather than "My Struggle" ("mein Kampf"). Jihad is either "major" or "minor". Major Jihad is against one's "Self" ("Nafs"). Nafs can lead you to do either "good" or "evil". Doing good and refraining from doing evil is the major struggle (jihad) of man. We are fighting in that jihad day after day throught our lives. The other minor jihad that is fighting in a war if we are attacked first. Attacking someone without being attacked first is not jihad but a crime in Islam.  

If people can extrapolate from specific terms to general principals,  they will gain better insight into how they can present their faith to the rest of the world. 

It requires proper study of Islam. Half trained doctors are danger to our health. They can easily kill us.

So far as I have been able to determine there is not controversy over the canon of the Qur'an in Arabic so it should be a continual template for translations.

That's why Islam is still standing solid on its feet because the Arabic Qur'an is there that has not changed from the outset and never will be changed by even a dot.

Islamophobia is hysteria cultivated  by the  fanatical malcontents  who hope to gain power and influence over others.  Vilifying others who have done  you no harm is "bearing false witness against your neighbour" .  Historically it has had terrible consequences throughout the world.

The truth always comes out in the end. Whether it is Muslims doing evil or non-Muslims doing evil things, the truth of the matter does come out in the end as to which one is the guilty party. Somehow humanity needs to be made more important than the power and the profits or else we, the human beings, will all be doomed rather sooner than later.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 6:49PM #37
IDBC

Howdy Ibn

Apr 14, 2012 -- 3:20AM, Ibn wrote:

It is an old video.

That video is not old.  

Apr 14, 2012 -- 9:18AM, CharikIeia wrote:

It was first aired in February 2012 on BBC Three, and recorded in September 2011. Why would you call that "old"?

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01cl48b

Apr 14, 2012 -- 5:45PM, Ibn wrote:

I have seen several such videos. Many of them are now old. I am not sure when that march was held but the guy being interviewed is from a banned group.

If you do not know when the march was held then you do not know that it is "old". 

And what do you call  "old"? 

Six months?  

A year?  

Two years? 

Apr 14, 2012 -- 10:04PM, IDBC wrote:

What was the name of "the group"?

Al Muhajiroun.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Muhajiroun

AIMS

Al-Muhajiroun's proclaimed aims are to establish public awareness about Islam, to influence public opinion in favor of the sharia, to convince members of society that Islam is inherently political and a viable ideological alternative, to unite Muslims on a global scale in the threats facing the Ummah and to resume the Islamic way of life by re-establishing the Islamic Caliphate

While "the group" is banned the people in the group are still there. 

They have been creating off shoots that have also been banned.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam4UK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Ghurabaa

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Saviour_Sect

ISLAMOPHOBIA?  

Is this the Iman Abu Hamza who was the  the former head of the Finsbury Park mosque in north London.?

Yes.

Not just a Muslim but a properly educated true Muslim! 

Thanks. There is always room to learn more. When I used to work as voluntary school governor, I once said to a school inspector, "the biggest room in any school is the room for improvement". The inspector liked it so much that she actually made a note of it so that she remembers it for future reference. I am no exception; I too can learn more.

And are YOU responsbible for your being properly a properly educated true Muslim? 

EDL is against Islam. Its leader has made it clear.

Abu Hamza the leader of Al Muhajiroun has made it clear that he is against Non-Muslims.  But he can't be called Non-Islamophobic? 

All the leaders of the other groups that were banned can't be called Non-Islamophobic either, right? 

All the Muslims who are still in Britian, who were in those "old" videos still are in Britiam and can't be called Non-Islamophobic either, right? 

The video made it clear that the leader was against using violence against Muslims.

EDL members have been arrested for using violence.

But the leader made it clear in the video that EDL are peaceful. 

So it must be that those who have been arrested have been mis-educated.  Just like the followers of  Iman Abu Hamza.

EDL members are Islamophobic.  

The members of Al Muhajiroun

Islamophobia refers to a fear of ALL Muslims.   Not ALL people who have this irrational fear of ALL Muslims are EDL-Nazis.   Some are Republicans.  Laughing 

That's why they are not going to win the next election. They might go to war for WMDs again.

I would not be so sure that the Republicans are not going to win the next election.  

How about Non-Islamicphobia? 

Are there Not-Real So-Called Ignorant Mis-Educated Muslims who have an "irrational" fear of ALL Non-Muslims? 

Not to my knowledge. Non-Islamicphobia does not seem to be the right term either. Too many non-Muslims don't know the difference between "Islamic" and Non-Islamic or unIslamic (particularly the Republicans).

It seems you have a double standard.  You appear to be claiming that it is impossible for there to be the equivilant of Islamophobics.  

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook