Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
Switch to Forum Live View Yahweh the Volcano God
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 8:51AM #131
TheFogHorn

The ancient Egyptians did not tend to document anything negative. Besides, the fallout of Thera destroyed Egypt so documenting the incident for future generations would not have been a priority. However, there is the Admonitions of Ipuwer, a poem that seems to correlate with Exodus, the plagues and Thera. You can find it on the internet.

You'd need to read my entire blog to fully understand why I believe the ancient Hebrews worshipped volcanic activity.

http://ohmyvolcano.blogspot.com
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 2:25PM #132
LeahOne

Gee, I knew Thera did a number on Crete - but Egypt?

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Apr 09, 2012 - 4:08PM #133
Bunsinspace

BS"D

TFH,

Thanks for the reference.  The Admonitions of Ipuwer is a fascinating document.  I encourage every Jew to read it as a parallel to the plagues on Egypt we read at this time every year. As the dating appears uncertain it is interesting to speculate which document came first - the Torah account or the Ipuwer account.  They could even be parallels from an earlier common source.  But in any case it is interesting to read though hard at first to understand (unfamiliar ancient syntax - not easy-to-comprehend like Yoda of Lucas' Star Wars.)

Links for further study:

www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/texts/ipuwe...

www.ldolphin.org/montgochron.html

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 14 of 14  •  Prev 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook