Switch to Forum Live View RELIGION: Based on a Bedrock of Lies
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 4:37PM #1
steven_guy
beyondallreligion.net/2012/03/20/religio...

I suppose many atheists have felt this way, but it is interesting to note that at least two Popes have admitted that Christ didn't exist.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 6:09PM #2
mountain_man

Great site. Lots of good information. I like the part about Buddha's mother being inpregnated by an elephant with 6 tusks.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Mar 26, 2012 - 6:32PM #3
Blü

Dear old Giovanni de' Medici, Leo X!  Che divo!

Kelly (Oxford Dict. of Popes) says, A polished Renaissance prince, Leo was also a devious and double-tongued politician and an inveterate nepotist. He recovered and kept control of Florence, even at the cost of granting the kings of France power to appoint the holders of French high religious offices heh heh. In 1517 he turned the tables on some disaffected cardinals who plotted to poison him by executing their leader [...], imprisoning several others, and packing the sacred college by appointing [...] thirty-one new cardinals.

Some things never change!  (You remember the whisper about poor old Albino Luciani, John Paul 1.)

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook