Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6
Switch to Forum Live View To all, jehovah's witnesses and what they believe
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 12:25AM #51
mrjordan

Well I see this going no where fast. I keep getting called a liar or people can't see words in my post. It would also appear that they either skip or can't see words in the bible either. I'd quote Matthew  but I fear that it will not be read or dismissed.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 4:45AM #52
AnnOMaly

LOL! To echo the others - there cannot be a resurrection unless the person is first DEAD Laughing

If Jesus had died for our sins and yet he wasn't resurrected, what's the basis for our hope? Paul said there isn't one (v. 14, 17). How would Adamic death get conquered and reversed (v. 21)? Or at least, how could Jesus have been the demonstration of victory over death (cp. v. 19)? He couldn't.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 11:57AM #53
Svetlana

Mar 10, 2012 -- 4:45AM, AnnOMaly wrote:

LOL! To echo the others - there cannot be a resurrection unless the person is first DEAD 

If Jesus had died for our sins and yet he wasn't resurrected, what's the basis for our hope? Paul said there isn't one (v. 14, 17). How would Adamic death get conquered and reversed (v. 21)?

Especially if that's ALL that Jesus had done, like everyone else before Him?  How is His death different from everyone else's?  Without anything different, it ISN'T different.  Why do you refuse to acknowledge that?

Or at least, how could Jesus have been the demonstration of victory over death (cp. v. 19)? He couldn't.

Especially if the only important thing He did was to die?  Where's the victory in death alone?

You have not been called a liar (the persecution complex doesn't work here), and we have read every word of the scriptures you have posted.  We've made that unmistakably clear by our answers (saying we haven't doesn't work when everyone can read that we most certainly HAVE read them all).  YOU have added to the scriptures, or edited meaning right out of them, and we have pointed that out.  You are not a liar, you are merely a faithful follower of men who edit God's words to make themselves suit themselves.  The scriptures do not in any way make Christ's death more important than His resurrection, ONLY your leaders say that, scripture doesn't.  You have not explained how Christ's death is any different from any other if His resurrection doesn't matter.  You have not explained in what our hope lies, according to Paul, when you contradict his statement that our hope lies in the Resurrection.  Explain those things, please, so that we can understand.

"No matter how big and bad you are, when a two-year-old hands you a toy phone, you answer it."  ~ (common sense)

"Never place a period where God has placed a comma."  ~ Gracie Allen

"I care not for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"I wonder sometimes if we ever give God a headache." ~ Dontay Hall, age 8
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 6  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook