Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 5:05PM #71
wohali

"I'm laughing at the inability for ANY case to be made that polytheism IS atheism."

Ok, that's just odd...............

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 7:52PM #72
Bob_the_Lunatic

Mar 5, 2012 -- 5:05PM, wohali wrote:

"I'm laughing at the inability for ANY case to be made that polytheism IS atheism."

Ok, that's just odd...............

It reminds me of the warner brothers looney toons:  Where Bugs and Daffy are arguing about "Duck season!!"  "Rabbit Season!!".  And then Bugs changes it, and declares it's rabbit season-which leads Daffy to argue and declare "Duck Season"... at which point daffy gets shot.

Only we're not as dumb as Daffy, so when Bugs pretending it was OUR argument (polytheism = atheism), we didn't go for it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 05, 2012 - 9:23PM #73
Blü

The whole performance is just weird.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 9:08PM #74
cptspith

Mar 4, 2012 -- 7:07PM, Aka_me wrote:

I'm laughing at the inability for ANY case to be made that polytheism IS atheism.

Wow.

Just... wow.

I haven't even looked in on the Beliefnet boards for over three months, and when I decide to check in, BAM!

Same shit, different day. Not an iota of growth or advancement.

So, aka, I wonder WHY you "laugh" at the "inability" for any case to be made for a claim that has not been made by ANYBODY other than you. Your question was univerally answered with the grossly obvious fact that polytheism and atheism are (literally) By Definition not the same, and then you are "amazed" that nobody can "make a case" that they are. Please try to think before you speak.

Come to think of it... since you ARE the only one to have put forth the argument for a similarity between polytheism and athesim, then perhaps YOU should explain how such a thing can be so.

Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 9:20PM #75
Ken

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:08PM, cptspith wrote:

I'm laughing at the inability for ANY case to be made that polytheism IS atheism.

Wow.

Just... wow.

I haven't even looked in on the Beliefnet boards for over three months, and when I decide to check in, BAM!

You still miss L----t, don't you?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 02, 2012 - 9:31PM #76
steven_guy

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:20PM, Ken wrote:

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:08PM, cptspith wrote:

Wow.

Just... wow.

You still miss Leight, don't you?

Oh dear! I had almost forgotten him. I wonder what he's up to now and who he's bothering?

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 12:16AM #77
cptspith

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:31PM, steven_guy wrote:

Apr 2, 2012 -- 9:20PM, Ken wrote:

You still miss Leight, don't you?

Oh dear! I had almost forgotten him. I wonder what he's up to now and who he's bothering?

SSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Do not speak his name aloud! He is my addiction, my crack, my meth... Though I have difficulty staying away, I know it is harm to me to engage. His absence gives me peace.

I HAD hoped (though not really expected) that those still around like aka and teil might have risen even a bit out of their self-delusion and false martyrdom, but alas, it is as if I had never left....

Reverend Spith
Savior of Humanity
Secular Messiah

Do not assume that which you seek to discover.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 12:20AM #78
mountain_man

Apr 3, 2012 -- 12:16AM, cptspith wrote:

...Do not speak his name aloud! ...

Oh, now you've done it. By not trimming your post his name has been said here three times. You know what that means, right? He's going to show up the same as if you said Beetlejuice three times.

Dave - Just a Man in the Mountains.

I am a Humanist. I believe in a rational philosophy of life, informed by science, inspired by art, and motivated by a desire to do good for its own sake and not by an expectation of a reward or fear of punishment in an afterlife.
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 12:44AM #79
Ken

Apr 3, 2012 -- 12:20AM, mountain_man wrote:

Apr 3, 2012 -- 12:16AM, cptspith wrote:

...Do not speak his name aloud! ...

Oh, now you've done it. By not trimming your post his name has been said here three times. You know what that means, right? He's going to show up the same as if you said Beetlejuice three times.

I've corrected that in post 62. Let's hope it's not too late.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 03, 2012 - 1:23AM #80
steven_guy

Not another word from me, gents!

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 8 of 8  •  Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook