Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3
Switch to Forum Live View Dhimmitude for non-believers
2 years ago  ::  Feb 19, 2012 - 1:22PM #21
Miraj

I did a google and yahoo search for "Dhimmitude" and got nothing useful.  Fifty-five pages of ranting and lies on right-wing sites, for the most part, much of it fueled by faith baiters; this is a term that hysterical haters have tied up tight for anti-Islam consumption.  I imagine that the lack of objective, easily accessible information is one of the reasons why this discussion is bogged down in sniping and personal invective, unable to move beyond the political intent stated in the OP.

However, the Muslim members of this board have access to proper resources that can be used to counter the vitriol.  Also, we can discuss the applicability of dhimmitude in the 21st century.  Think of it as educational.  Don't let the way the subject was introduced overcome your ability to offer correct information.

Enjoy!

miraj, in mod mode

PS - Several posts were removed without individual notice to bring the train back on the track.  

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 20, 2012 - 4:16PM #22
Ibn

Dhimmitude is a French word. It was created to serve their own purpose.

Dhimmi I believe is Arabic word meaning "protected" (in an Islamic country in which Shari'ah law would be the main law). As it is unfair to impose Shari'ah law on non-muslims, some other law has to apply to non-muslims, and Christians and Jews in particular, in such a State. This was better than forcing Shari'ah law on them. With the passage of time, such law for Christians and Jews do not exist as for as I know. Strangely, it is the people who moan about "protected" status are the ones who also moan at the same time about Shari'ah law, that applies to Muslims only, to be too harsh.

In 21st century, one can moan about discrimination in certain majority Muslim countries but relating it to Islam is rather silly and too late as a vast majority of these countries do not have "protected" status for Christians and Jews. I think it is a cycle. Christians and Jews did not want Shari'ah law applying to them so Muslims agreed. Muslims gave them protected status and they did not like it and preferred Shri'ah law to it. Muslims still agreed and gave them their wish but now they hate Shari'ah law. Do they want "protected" staus again or do they want their own law to be imposed on Muslims in an Islamic country?

As for anyone damaging any church or synagogue in such countries, it is against Islamic princples. Such actions are unislamic and should be regarded as criminal actions.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 12:26PM #23
Yeshuamadememorejewish1

Dhimmitude to Islamic apologists means protected by Muslims, however is that the real truth. Wherever Islam has spread by the sword by Islamic imperialism Dhimmi Christians, Jews and other minority religous groups are treated like crap!!!. I'm so tired of Muslim apologists making those innocent victims of the past and present look like everything is sugar and spice and everything nice. Non-Muslims living in Nigeria are killed while the Muslims chant allahu-akhbar and this is the case in other Muslim majority nations. The Quran and Hadith helped written by The God of the Underworld and World Allah is loving how Muslims are treating non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia and other areas of Muslim control. Sure some Muslims are nice and good people but they are getting brainwashed into Islamic Fundamentalism. I know in the west many Muslims are nice neighbors and good people so it seems, but what is their true agenda when it comes to Israel and the Jewish people along with other non-Muslim religions.?? I won't make this about me, but I pray for the many non-Muslim people being persecuted as we speak along with the many Muslims who are being killed for standing up for reform and human rights and against Quranical fascism. The Bible and the Quran are totally different books and one calls for peace and human rights ( The Bible) and the Quran is not the same. In history Dhimmi's were not protected but humiliated on a daily basis and fooled into Islamic lands for peace and were under the Ottoman Empire and other Islamic Empires they were treated like trash and kids were forced to be Muslims and raised by Muslim families after being taken from their parents. Hitler and the Grand Mufti in Jerusalem at the time of World War 2 had a historical alliance with each other. During World War 2 some of the most ardent Anti-Semetic collaboraters were Muslims of the World at the time. With all that being written, in other countries that would be treason and cause not to have a so-called Palestinean homeland anywhere. History is starting to repeat itself and that is scary, the Jewish people have a biblical true right by the Real G-d to have even more land then they do now. Muslims don't want peace they want to conquer the World under the banner of Al-Islam. In Europe, I hope they come to grips with this Immigration problem of Islamic agenda of the Muslims who move there. Stop the flood gates please Europe and be proud of your Judeo-Christian history or Islam under it's most fundamentalist form will destroy Europe and the West. In Canada where I'm from, we have to turn from Political Correctness and go back to a freedom shouldn't be taken advantage of philosophy. Saudi Arabia doesn't even allow freedom of Religion and where in Saudi Arabia will you find Churches and Synagogoes, NOWHERE.!!! Some might write well that's only Saudi Arabia, however the Islamic agenda wants a Caliphate again and a New Islamic Order all around the World which is scary.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 6:43PM #24
Ibn

Don't worry about Muslims. If you want to move away from them, I am sure there is plenty of land further north towards Alaska where Muslims won't go because fasting day there might be too long for them. There, you will have all the peace in the world. Allahu akbar.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 21, 2012 - 8:30PM #25
Miraj

Feb 21, 2012 -- 6:43PM, Ibn wrote:

Don't worry about Muslims. If you want to move away from them, I am sure there is plenty of land further north towards Alaska where Muslims won't go because fasting day there might be too long for them. There, you will have all the peace in the world. Allahu akbar.

I used to live in Alaska, and still have Muslim family members there.  We used to hang out with the Bahai's.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 3:02AM #26
Ibn

Feb 21, 2012 -- 8:30PM, Miraj wrote:

Feb 21, 2012 -- 6:43PM, Ibn wrote:

I used to live in Alaska, and still have Muslim family members there.  We used to hang out with the Bahai's.

I guess, I will have to take my comment back as Muslims seems to be evertwhere. There is no getting away from them.

(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Feb 22, 2012 - 10:15AM #27
BDboy

Feb 21, 2012 -- 12:26PM, Yeshuamadememorejewish1 wrote:

Dhimmitude to Islamic apologists means protected by Muslims, however is that the real truth. Wherever Islam has spread by the sword by Islamic imperialism Dhimmi Christians, Jews and other minority religous groups are treated like crap!!!. I'm so tired of Muslim apologists making those innocent victims of the past and present look like everything is sugar and spice and everything nice.

>>>>>>>>> Yes, you are the only one who "Got it".

Muslims are so brutal that, still they are drawing western intellectuals to Islam. Click here to see

Non-Muslims living in Nigeria are killed while the Muslims chant allahu-akhbar and this is the case in other Muslim majority nations. The Quran and Hadith helped written by The God of the Underworld and World Allah is loving how Muslims are treating non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia and other areas of Muslim control. Sure some Muslims are nice and good people but they are getting brainwashed into Islamic Fundamentalism.

>>>>>>>>> Yes, in Iraq "Cristians" also killed hundreds of thousand of civilians for no crime of their own. Invaded a country for no reason and continued an unneccessary war for a decade. A real "Jem" in making peace.

Personally I do not blame all Christians for this but this is how YOU THINK. You take events out of context and try to validate your "Eternal" ignorance of Islam unto billions of people.

I know in the west many Muslims are nice neighbors and good people so it seems, but what is their true agenda when it comes to Israel and the Jewish people along with other non-Muslim religions.?? I won't make this about me, but I pray for the many non-Muslim people being persecuted as we speak along with the many Muslims who are being killed for standing up for reform and human rights and against Quranical fascism.

>>>>>> Could you explain "Quranial fascism" to us? Facism was an European concept. How did Islam got a hold of it?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 3  •  Prev 1 2 3

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook