Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View RELIGION - SCIENCE & WRITTEN BELIEFS
2 years ago  ::  Mar 09, 2012 - 9:57AM #11
river8101

Sorry to say this, but these posts are all out of order.  This morning there were only a few posts,  which began with an answer, and now most of them are gone.  I think the whole thread needs to be erased so we can start over.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 10, 2012 - 5:55AM #12
river8101

Come to think of it, I wish we still had a forum called Archaeology and the Bible.  Would be fun.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 11, 2012 - 3:56PM #13
mainecaptain

Mar 10, 2012 -- 5:55AM, river8101 wrote:

Come to think of it, I wish we still had a forum called Archaeology and the Bible.  Would be fun.

I agree :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Mar 16, 2012 - 5:56AM #14
river8101

PS

Maine, thanks for your support.  You're a good friend.  Hope to see you soon again at Facebook. 

PS  My message board isn't working right, and I sent you an email, but it was returned because the address I had wasn't working, or was wrong.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 7:07AM #15
river8101

Wohali, there were apparently 14 pages in this thread at one time, and now there are only 2.  So I don't know what you were referring to. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 20, 2012 - 1:51PM #16
mainecaptain

WOW, makes your head spin when things disappear.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Apr 21, 2012 - 4:32PM #17
wohali

Hi River! I was responding to a poster that railed you were telling her what to/not believe. Of course it was BS.

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jun 16, 2012 - 5:20AM #18
river8101

Thanks, Maine. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook