Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
Switch to Forum Live View The Lord's Catch-22
1 year ago  ::  Jul 13, 2013 - 12:16PM #11
miknik5

Feb 1, 2012 -- 2:03PM, Ben Masada wrote:

The Lord's Catch-22

According to a certain midrash reported by Thomas Mann in his book "Joseph and his Brothers," after a while that Abraham had arrived in Canaan, from his country and folks in Ur of the Chaldeans, he was deeply impressed about the deep love with which the Canaanites would love their gods as to offer their firstborn son in a burn sacrifice. Abraham would go frustrate to think that he could not express his love for Elohim in such a dramatic way.

The Promise to Abraham (in fact, the command to Abraham to leave his father's house to go to a place that GOD would show him) came first!  Abraham knew and recognized the VOICE OF GOD, and he listened to and obeyed the voice of GOD.  Abraham would NOT be "impressed" by other men who worshipped false images at all.

As Abraham would try to chew that paradox in his mind, he fell asleep and had a dream. Elohim would identify Himself thus: I am Molech, bull-king of the baalites and command you to bring your firstborn son Isaac and offer him in a burn sacrifice to Me. As Abraham set about to do so, the Lord said, "How dare you! Am I Molech bull-king of the baalites? I expected you to know much better. What I have commanded, I did not command so that you would do it, but that you might learn that you should not do it; because it is nothing but an abomination in My sight, instead; and don't confuse the practices of the Gentiles with the People you will sire. Behold a ram; offer it instead.

No HE wouldn't...HE is not a GOD of confusion, nor is HE one who leads men on a wild and winding path.  HE says who HE IS clearly, and to Abraham HE did.  Remember again, that Abraham, even as he had listened to GOD'S first directive to leave his father's house to go to a place that HE would lead him, Abraham said to GOD, why does it matter, because all that I have will go to a slave in my own house...and GOD told Abraham, no, but a son from your own loins.  The Promise to Abraham that he would be a father and would be a father of many nations AGAIN CAME FIRST before any mixed up understanding of GOD'S command to Abraham to go and sacrifice his son whom he loved.  And Abraham simply believed GOD and believed GOD would make due on all HIS WORDS and PROMISES.  And so, even as Abraham may not have initially understood what he was called to do, he clung more to his understanding of GOD and GOD'S FAITHFULNESS in all HIS WORDS AND PROMISES to him.

And that's Abraham trusting in GOD'S STEADFASTNESS and FAITHFULNESS, knowing that GOD is not like a shifting shadow, HE does not change, HE is not a trickster, GOD does not deceive...HE does not PROMISE and then does not make due on HIS PROMISE.

And even if our own spirits within us fail us, GOD'S SPIRIT does not fail...HE is CONSTANT, the SAME yesterday, today, and tomorrow, HE doesn't change like the wind...and Abraham knew GOD and had his eyes on HIM, knowing that what GOD promises will come to pass.  Abraham was assured of GOD'S FAITHFULNESS...and because of this, Abraham, who knew the voice of GOD, listened, not understanding, but understanding that if GOD promises him that his son would be heir and through him that he, Abraham, would become the father of many nations, he reasoned within himself, that GOD can do what HE promises. 

Ignorance is an abomination in the Lord's sight. When Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of the tree of knowledge, it was the Lord's catch-22 to rather enhance man's appetite for the tree of knowledge. If the prohibition were to be observed, the fruit of that tree would not have been so enticing and the tree would not have been planted in the center of the garden to call the attention of all. And the Lord would not have employed the services of the serpent to explain that they had misunderstood the command which had been meant to be rather the opposite. As Adam and Eve realized what the Lord really meant, the abomination of ignorance had been neutralized.

Ben

Distorting the word, as well as the image of GOD and putting darkness for light, and evil for good, and bitter for sweet is also an abomination...and not being able to make a right judgment between the two is a further abomination.

When GOD commanded Abraham to bring his son and sacrifice his son, GOD did that so that men would look back and bring to understanding that all along, and throughout HIS HOLY WORD, HE hid HIS SON...Abraham may not have understood what he was commanded to do, (at that time) but Abraham does now...and he knows that his "reenactment of a sacrifice of a promised son" was in service to us...those who would see and know that THE VERY TESTIMONY OF JESUS is the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Every word of scripture spoken in a hidden and veiled sense (prophecy) spoke of and pointed to THE SON...every priest, every prophet, every judge, every king...was a shadow of the ONE who was planned from the foundation of the world

GOD knows our limited humanity.  HE knows we ever and always require signs, and actions, and labels and representations of things to understand the SPIRITUAL AND HIDDEN THINGS OF GOD...and HE graciously provided them.  Sign upon sign upon sign pointing us to HIS SON...GOD reared us up to KNOW HIM, so that at the fullness of time, when the body HE HAD PREPARED (the LORD WILL PROVIDE) from the foundation of the world, might come forth to do HIS WILL, we would look back and bring to remembrance that GOD ALL ALONG SPOKE OF AND POINTED US TO HIS SON.

Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Aug 07, 2013 - 3:41PM #12
Shibolet

Jul 13, 2013 -- 12:16PM, miknik5 wrote:

Feb 1, 2012 -- 2:03PM, Ben Masada wrote:

The Lord's Catch-22

According to a certain midrash reported by Thomas Mann in his book "Joseph and his Brothers," after a while that Abraham had arrived in Canaan, from his country and folks in Ur of the Chaldeans, he was deeply impressed about the deep love with which the Canaanites would love their gods as to offer their firstborn son in a burn sacrifice. Abraham would go frustrate to think that he could not express his love for Elohim in such a dramatic way.

The Promise to Abraham (in fact, the command to Abraham to leave his father's house to go to a place that GOD would show him) came first!  Abraham knew and recognized the VOICE OF GOD, and he listened to and obeyed the voice of GOD.  Abraham would NOT be "impressed" by other men who worshipped false images at all.

As Abraham would try to chew that paradox in his mind, he fell asleep and had a dream. Elohim would identify Himself thus: I am Molech, bull-king of the baalites and command you to bring your firstborn son Isaac and offer him in a burn sacrifice to Me. As Abraham set about to do so, the Lord said, "How dare you! Am I Molech bull-king of the baalites? I expected you to know much better. What I have commanded, I did not command so that you would do it, but that you might learn that you should not do it; because it is nothing but an abomination in My sight, instead; and don't confuse the practices of the Gentiles with the People you will sire. Behold a ram; offer it instead.

No HE wouldn't...HE is not a GOD of confusion, nor is HE one who leads men on a wild and winding path.  HE says who HE IS clearly, and to Abraham HE did.  Remember again, that Abraham, even as he had listened to GOD'S first directive to leave his father's house to go to a place that HE would lead him, Abraham said to GOD, why does it matter, because all that I have will go to a slave in my own house...and GOD told Abraham, no, but a son from your own loins.  The Promise to Abraham that he would be a father and would be a father of many nations AGAIN CAME FIRST before any mixed up understanding of GOD'S command to Abraham to go and sacrifice his son whom he loved.  And Abraham simply believed GOD and believed GOD would make due on all HIS WORDS and PROMISES.  And so, even as Abraham may not have initially understood what he was called to do, he clung more to his understanding of GOD and GOD'S FAITHFULNESS in all HIS WORDS AND PROMISES to him.

And that's Abraham trusting in GOD'S STEADFASTNESS and FAITHFULNESS, knowing that GOD is not like a shifting shadow, HE does not change, HE is not a trickster, GOD does not deceive...HE does not PROMISE and then does not make due on HIS PROMISE.

And even if our own spirits within us fail us, GOD'S SPIRIT does not fail...HE is CONSTANT, the SAME yesterday, today, and tomorrow, HE doesn't change like the wind...and Abraham knew GOD and had his eyes on HIM, knowing that what GOD promises will come to pass.  Abraham was assured of GOD'S FAITHFULNESS...and because of this, Abraham, who knew the voice of GOD, listened, not understanding, but understanding that if GOD promises him that his son would be heir and through him that he, Abraham, would become the father of many nations, he reasoned within himself, that GOD can do what HE promises. 

Ignorance is an abomination in the Lord's sight. When Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of the tree of knowledge, it was the Lord's catch-22 to rather enhance man's appetite for the tree of knowledge. If the prohibition were to be observed, the fruit of that tree would not have been so enticing and the tree would not have been planted in the center of the garden to call the attention of all. And the Lord would not have employed the services of the serpent to explain that they had misunderstood the command which had been meant to be rather the opposite. As Adam and Eve realized what the Lord really meant, the abomination of ignorance had been neutralized.

Ben

Distorting the word, as well as the image of GOD and putting darkness for light, and evil for good, and bitter for sweet is also an abomination...and not being able to make a right judgment between the two is a further abomination.

When GOD commanded Abraham to bring his son and sacrifice his son, GOD did that so that men would look back and bring to understanding that all along, and throughout HIS HOLY WORD, HE hid HIS SON...Abraham may not have understood what he was commanded to do, (at that time) but Abraham does now...and he knows that his "reenactment of a sacrifice of a promised son" was in service to us...those who would see and know that THE VERY TESTIMONY OF JESUS is the SPIRIT OF PROPHECY.

Every word of scripture spoken in a hidden and veiled sense (prophecy) spoke of and pointed to THE SON...every priest, every prophet, every judge, every king...was a shadow of the ONE who was planned from the foundation of the world

GOD knows our limited humanity.  HE knows we ever and always require signs, and actions, and labels and representations of things to understand the SPIRITUAL AND HIDDEN THINGS OF GOD...and HE graciously provided them.  Sign upon sign upon sign pointing us to HIS SON...GOD reared us up to KNOW HIM, so that at the fullness of time, when the body HE HAD PREPARED (the LORD WILL PROVIDE) from the foundation of the world, might come forth to do HIS WILL, we would look back and bring to remembrance that GOD ALL ALONG SPOKE OF AND POINTED US TO HIS SON.

Of the many points above I would like to refute, I have chosen to speak to you about what you say of being Jesus the spirit of prophecy. We have in Isaiah 8:20 the test to screen those who speak the Truth. "To the Law and the Testimony; if they don't speak according to this method, it is because there is no truth in them." In this test the Law means Torah and the Testimony means the Prophets in general and not an individual Jew in particular which became an item in the Pauline policy of Replacement Theology. Jesus did pass the test because he came to confirm the Law down to the letter according to Mat.5:17-19 and Paul failed for teaching about a change in the Law, Priesthood and the Jewish Covenant. (Heb.7:12,22)

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook