Page 3 of 19  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Hatred toward Islam, Who is spreading it and why
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 1:29PM #21
Yeshuamadememorejewish1

I don't hate Islam, Islam though has a way since it started of Making itself look horrible. I love Muslims just like I love people of all religions, however I don't think of Islam as a total religion of peace at all!!. I have met many nice Muslims and they mean well, however even Islam and Muslims are divided on how to view people of other religions. I don't mean to be harsh but Muhammed wasn't a nice man at all, any un-biased view of history of Islam shows Muhammed as a tyrant and a fascist of his time. I know Islam needs to be reformed and if it can be and the Islamic World with it's Islamic Sharia Law needs to be reformed also. How as a Jew by birth can I trust Islam with it's Islamo-Fascist messages being spread that are so Anti-Semetic. In the Bible it says G-d will bless those who bless the Jewish people and Curse those who Curse the Jewish people. We all have free-will but Islam needs to be reformed and not so Anti-Semetic in many Islamic circles. I have read the Quran and it is a book when taken literally of Jealousy and malice towards the Jewish people and Christians all the same. If it wasn't for Europeans with courage then Islam would of conquered all of Europe by the sword 600-1000 years ago. The problem today with being so politically correct is it tries to change history. Shalom and Salaam and I've met many wonderful Muslims who is spite of Puritanical Islam are wonderful, tolerant and peaceful people who un-conditionally love all people.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 2:09PM #22
BDboy

Feb 1, 2012 -- 1:29PM, Yeshuamadememorejewish1 wrote:

I don't hate Islam, Islam though has a way since it started of Making itself look horrible. I love Muslims just like I love people of all religions, however I don't think of Islam as a total religion of peace at all!!. I have met many nice Muslims and they mean well, however even Islam and Muslims are divided on how to view people of other religions. I don't mean to be harsh but Muhammed wasn't a nice man at all, any un-biased view of history of Islam shows Muhammed as a tyrant and a fascist of his time. I know Islam needs to be reformed and if it can be and the Islamic World with it's Islamic Sharia Law needs to be reformed also. How as a Jew by birth can I trust Islam with it's Islamo-Fascist messages being spread that are so Anti-Semetic. 

>>>>>>>>>> I understand it is your wish that, "Islam needs to be reformed".

Really? Are we reading the same book??

The Qur'an is the ONLY religuious book in the face of the earth that was properly preserved. So you can pick a Qur'an from China and another copy from Canada. They will be the SAME!!

I find it hard to accept that, you actually read the Qur'an.

In the Bible it says G-d will bless those who bless the Jewish people and Curse those who Curse the Jewish people. We all have free-will but Islam needs to be reformed and not so Anti-Semetic in many Islamic circles.

>>>>>>>>>> Where? Please share?

I also found these in the Bible, please explain!!

I have read the Quran and it is a book when taken literally of Jealousy and malice towards the Jewish people and Christians all the same. If it wasn't for Europeans with courage then Islam would of conquered all of Europe by the sword 600-1000 years ago. The problem today with being so politically correct is it tries to change history. Shalom and Salaam and I've met many wonderful Muslims who is spite of Puritanical Islam are wonderful, tolerant and peaceful people who un-conditionally love all people.

>>>>>>>> Again I seriously doubt what you are saying.

Europeans are the one who lived in Europe back then. So who else will it be fighting with Muslims? Not exactly the brightest idea my friend!!

NOPE. No one is asking to "Change history". Rather asking to look for authentic history.

Let me offer you couple of sources, please take the time to read them and share your questions and concerns with us.

<> People of the book (Jews and Christians) and the prophets (PBUT)

<> Tolerance In Islam

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 2:20PM #23
rocketjsquirell

Feb 1, 2012 -- 1:19PM, BDboy wrote:

Feb 1, 2012 -- 5:55AM, Dostojevsky wrote:

Rocket, I thought you were going to talk about non-Muslims that spread these extremist views on Islam like your Mr Gingrich.

>>>>> Dos,

I think Rocket is a democrat. So Newt is not "His candidate". Rocket feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Except Newt's stand on Israel, don't think Rockets agree with him in too many areas.

BDboy

You are correct. Newt is not my candidate and I would hope that he isn't yours either. As for Newt's stand on Israel, that is hard to define, since Newt is not known for honesty, forthrightness or principles. I trust Newt about as far as I can throw a concert grand piano.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 3:50PM #24
Yeshuamadememorejewish1

Really? have you heard of the Battle of Tours.?? Charles the Hammer Martel saved Europe and France from the invading Islamic Moorish Armies from conquering Europe. Read about it Bdboy if that's your real name, what made up fantasy Islamic history are you following.?? You are in denial BDboy, a lot of Denial my friend.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 4:21PM #25
Miraj

Feb 1, 2012 -- 3:50PM, Yeshuamadememorejewish1 wrote:

Really? have you heard of the Battle of Tours.?? Charles the Hammer Martel saved Europe and France from the invading Islamic Moorish Armies from conquering Europe. Read about it Bdboy if that's your real name, what made up fantasy Islamic history are you following.?? You are in denial BDboy, a lot of Denial my friend.

Are you suggesting that battles and agressions were one-way?  They were not.  The Crusades, for example, were started by two Catholic popes against Muslims.  In the process, they slaughtered thousands of Jews along the way. That went on for several hundred years.

In fact, the Catholic rulers were warriors more than they were Catholic, roaming the world to conquer lands for Jesus and the King/Queen for centuries.  The Inquistion, the Protestant Reformation, laws against blasphemy, against holding any religion but the state established version of Christianity, were all institutionalized in Europe making Europeans the worst instigators of violence than Muslim ever were.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 4:47PM #26
Ibn

I don't hate Islam, Islam though has a way since it started of Making itself look horrible. I love Muslims just like I love people of all religions, however I don't think of Islam as a total religion of peace at all!!.

Anyone who thinks that Christianity or Judaism are religions of peace must be living in Black Hole.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 6:02PM #27
SherriMunnerlyn

Feb 1, 2012 -- 4:47PM, Ibn wrote:

I don't hate Islam, Islam though has a way since it started of Making itself look horrible. I love Muslims just like I love people of all religions, however I don't think of Islam as a total religion of peace at all!!.

Anyone who thinks that Christianity or Judaism are religions of peace must be living in Black Hole.

Ibn,

Here is more about Christian leaders recommending and advocating wars to American leaders. 

But we really must make a distinction between what the religion says and what Christian leaders say, they are not the same thing at all.

I just ran across this article, about how Christian American Protestant leaders who counseled George W. Bush that a war with Iraq was a just war under the just war doctrine felt after it was learned Iraq did not have WMD, about 4 years after the war they recommended Bush launched was initiated. Their virews about the war did not change. Chuck Colson (a signer of the Land Letter) stated the US should keep its forces in Iraq, Richard Land called the war a noble undertaking.

"Assistants for both Land and Colson said Jan. 10 they were unavailable for comment on this story. However, on the third anniversary of the war last March, Land said he continued to believe that the war was just.

Citing the three Iraqi elections in the past two years -- the nation's first free elections in decades -- Land told the website Beliefnet, "I believe our cause in Iraq was just; I think it was one of the more noble things we've done. We went to liberate a country that was in the grip of a terrible dictator who had perpetrated horrible atrocities and crimes against humanity, against his own people as well as his neighbors. We removed him, and we are giving the Iraqis the ability to defend themselves and to build a stable democracy."

Land repeated such views as recently as September, saying he believed the vast majority of Southern Baptists agreed with him that the war continued to be justified.

A spokesperson for Colson sent copies of two editions of his "Breakpoint" commentaries, both from December. In one, he lamented that the recent Iraq Study Group's report did not mention the fate of Iraq's indigenous Christian communities.

In the other, he opposed the idea of immediate withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq.

"The options are pretty bleak. If we leave now with the insurrection gaining strength, Iraq will deteriorate into full-fledged chaos: the Shiites vs. the Sunnis vs. the Kurds, with unimaginable bloodletting," Colson wrote. "Iran cannot help but step in on the side of their fellow Shiites in Iraq. In fact, this would further Tehran's ambition to become the region's dominant power, an ambition that has led Iran not only to support Iraq's Shiites, but Hezbollah in Lebanon, as well."

He continued: "If this happens, America will be even less safe than it is today."

He went on to advocate the addition of U.S. troops to help stabilize the country -- a plan that Bush and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) have endorsed."

www.abpnews.com/content/view/1720/120/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_letter

And Jesus said, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9

There certainly is a disconnect between what Jesus said and what some Christian leaders say.

Sherri

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 01, 2012 - 6:05PM #28
Miraj

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2012 - 5:22AM #29
Ibn

Feb 1, 2012 -- 6:02PM, SherriMunnerlyn wrote:

Feb 1, 2012 -- 4:47PM, Ibn wrote:

Ibn,

Here is more about Christian leaders recommending and advocating wars to American leaders. 

But we really must make a distinction between what the religion says and what Christian leaders say, they are not the same thing at all.

I do make distinction but my comment above is for the consumption of those who come here and say Islam is not religion of peace.

I live in Birmingham, UK, and Christians, Muslims and Jewish people are getting on fine with each other around me. A few years ago, when tensions were high and a few thugs decided to have a political march through the city to fuel the hatred between the groups, leaders from Muslim, Christian and Jewish communities got together in the City's Central Mosque and decided to oppose the thugs. The march was cancelled and it has been peace in the City ever since.

True Christianity is very peaceful but any religion used by wrong people can easily be looked at as the religion of war. I have no problem with peaceful people whichever religion they choose to be in.

I know one thing: There are a billion Islamic people in the world today, and there will be about 2 billion by the time we're dead. They're not going to give up their religion.
(Chris Matthews)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Feb 02, 2012 - 7:17AM #30
Dostojevsky

Yeshumaden, many things you said about Muslims can be said about Jews and Christians.

I would also like that quote where it says God will  bless those who bless Jews and curse those who curse them. To curse is a rather strong word, what was meant by it ?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 3 of 19  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook