3 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2012 - 10:08PM #1
nanalulu222
"Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God" (1 John 5:1, NWT)

Does the expression "everyone believing" leave anyone out?
Would this limit the number of "everyone believing" being "born of God" to 144,000?
Conservative Christian.  Remember: you're unique, just like everyone else.
DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 13, 2012 - 11:02PM #2
Rgurley4

"everyone believing" =~ "Whoever believes" = ALL believers in Jesus the Christ, the Messiah, the God-Man

1 John 5 : 1-11 (NASB)...one of John's letter to believers... On Overcoming the World...extracts and comments

Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born (again from above) of God, and
 whoever loves the Father loves the child born (ultimate God-Man) of Him.
  By this we know that we love the children of God, (believers)
  when we love God and observe His commandments.
 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments;
 and His commandments are not burdensome.
For whatever ( Whoever)  is born (again from above) of God overcomes the world;
and this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.....
Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of (ultimate Man) God?
... And the testimony is this,
that God has given us eternal life,
and this life is in His Son.
He who has the Son has the life; (all believers)
he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

The ..."144,000"...READ: in context Revelation 7 AND Revelation 14

...."sealed the bond-servants of our God" ...those saved during the 7 years of Tribulation...
Israel's messengers that Messiah had come...The Christ-followers' Second Coming

Revelation 7:4
[ The 144,000 ] And I heard the number of those who were sealed,
one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the SONS of ISRAEL: [12,000 per tribe X 12 tribes] = [ The 144,000 ]

Revelation 14:1
[ The Lamb (Jesus) and the 144,000 Jewish messengers on Mount Zion ]
Then I looked, and behold, the Lamb was standing on Mount Zion, and with Him
the one hundred and forty-four thousand,
having His name and the name of His Father written on their foreheads.(believers)

Revelation 7....
Who: every tribe of the SONS of ISRAEL
TIme frame: during the 7 years of Tribulation
Why: Jewish "Billy Grahams" and missionaries declaring: Messiah has come
Event: usher in Jesus' Second Coming and the 1000 years reign of the KING of KINGS on His throne in Jerusalem

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 2:41PM #3
marken

Jan 13, 2012 -- 10:08PM, nanalulu222 wrote:

"Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God" (1 John 5:1, NWT)

Would this limit the number of "everyone believing" being "born of God" to 144,000?

Believing  is  not  saying.    I  suppose  that  is  why   John  3:16  encourages  us  to  exercise  our  faith .  I  believe that  exercising  is  very  good  for  us,  but  if  I never  exercise,  that  belief  will not  keep  my muscles  toned.  

I trust  Jesus,  as  my King,  to  judge  me  and  every  other  human  that  has  ever  lived  very  fairly.   He  knows  my heart  and  my  mind,as he  does yours.  

with  affection  from  Marken

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 4:13PM #4
nanalulu222

Jan 14, 2012 -- 2:41PM, marken wrote:

Believing  is  not  saying.    I  suppose  that  is  why   John  3:16  encourages  us  to  exercise  our  faith .  I  believe that  exercising  is  very  good  for  us,  but  if  I never  exercise,  that  belief  will not  keep  my muscles  toned.  

I trust  Jesus,  as  my King,  to  judge  me  and  every  other  human  that  has  ever  lived  very  fairly.   He  knows  my heart  and  my  mind,as he  does yours.  

I 100% agree with you Marken! 

BUT, does it answer THIS question...

"Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God", does the expression "everyone believing" leave any believers out?

DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 5:23PM #5
eloquens

Jan 13, 2012 -- 10:08PM, nanalulu222 wrote:

Jan 14, 2012 -- 4:13PM, nanalulu222 wrote:

Jan 14, 2012 -- 2:41PM, marken wrote:

I 100% agree with you Marken! 

BUT, does it answer THIS question...

"Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God", does the expression "everyone believing" leave any believers out?

Not at the time it was writen, because all christians at that time were anointed and therefore born again.  "Everyone believing" (present tense) "has been born from God" (past tense).  I don't see the scripture saying that everyone that "will come to believe" (future tense) will be necessarily born from God (Born again) though.

eloquens

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 14, 2012 - 5:31PM #6
nanalulu222

Jan 14, 2012 -- 5:23PM, eloquens wrote:

Not at the time it was writen, because all christians at that time were anointed and therefore born again.  "Everyone believing" (present tense) "has been born from God" (past tense).  I don't see the scripture saying that everyone that "will come to believe" (future tense) will be necessarily born from God (Born again) though.

eloquens

1 John 5:1 states. “Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God” (see John 1:12).

Because mankind is born spiritually dead (Rom. 5:12, 1 Cor. 2:14), he (in his natural state) “cannot please God” (Rom. 8:8-9).

Being born again is an act in which God cleanses us from all sin and implants His Spirit within us (Titus 3:5), thus, making us alive to see spiritual things.

According to the Bible, everyone who desires to see God’s Kingdom come about, must be born again (John 3:3); otherwise, “he cannot please God” and he “does not belong to him” (Romans 8:8-9).

Jesus states that everyone who excludes himself from the New Covenant, excludes himself from eternal life.

4witness.org/jehovahs_witness/jw_exp.php

DJW community host.
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook