Important Announcement

See here for an important message regarding the community which has become a read-only site as of October 31.

Page 20 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Qur'an says Allah gave Israel to the Jews
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 5:55PM #191
rocketjsquirell

Jan 30, 2012 -- 2:46PM, Ibn wrote:

Jan 30, 2012 -- 1:29PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Jan 29, 2012 -- 11:00PM, arabianwitch wrote:

I don't think Allah had any country in mind. I think Allah lets us make what countries we want and then judges us on what we do in and with them.

And I am so not, not not, any sort of Islamic scholar! Kiss

Salaam,

Aisha

Aisha

You may be the only one on this board who actually is any sort of Islamic scholar.  

rocketjsquirell,

What do you mean by "sort of Islamic scholar" when Aisha has already told you that she is not?

You would have to ask Aisha what she meant by "any sort" it is her term.

Aisha seems to understand the point of Islam which unfortunately on occassion appears to be missed by others on this board. Therefore, as one with understanding of the subject she qualifies as a scholar. The fact that she takes no honors upon herself is just more to her credit.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 6:18PM #192
Miraj

Jan 30, 2012 -- 5:55PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Aisha seems to understand the point of Islam which unfortunately on occassion appears to be missed by others on this board. Therefore, as one with understanding of the subject she qualifies as a scholar. The fact that she takes no honors upon herself is just more to her credit.  

There is a lot more to being a scholar than arbitrarily managing to please a poster on a message board.

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 6:19PM #193
Ibn

Jan 30, 2012 -- 5:55PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Jan 30, 2012 -- 2:46PM, Ibn wrote:

Jan 30, 2012 -- 1:29PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Jan 29, 2012 -- 11:00PM, arabianwitch wrote:

I don't think Allah had any country in mind. I think Allah lets us make what countries we want and then judges us on what we do in and with them.

And I am so not, not not, any sort of Islamic scholar! Kiss

Salaam,

Aisha

Aisha

You may be the only one on this board who actually is any sort of Islamic scholar.  

rocketjsquirell,

What do you mean by "sort of Islamic scholar" when Aisha has already told you that she is not?

O.K. I guess you agree with Aisha then, and so do I. That settles this topic.

I am surprised that you too now think that Allah did not have the country Israel in mind when the Land was given to Bani Israel.  

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 6:33PM #194
rocketjsquirell

Ibn

No I do not agree. I agree that Aisha understands Islam and the Islamic view. It is not my view, nor, for that matter, is it yours.  

I know that Israel was promised by G-d to only one people - the Jews - and no one else.  But, like all other Jews, I am willing to share. 

Moderated by Miraj on Jan 30, 2012 - 06:57PM
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 7:19PM #195
Ibn

Jan 30, 2012 -- 6:33PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Ibn

No I do not agree. I agree that Aisha understands Islam and the Islamic view. It is not my view, nor, for that matter, is it yours.  

I know that Israel was promised by G-d to only one people - the Jews - and no one else.  But, like all other Jews, I am willing to share. 

But Aisha is not saying that Israel was promised by Allah to only Jews. And you agreed with her. Now you are changing your mind.  

I will be quite honest with you. The holy land was promised to people who were obeying Allah's Commands. I regard them "Muslims" ("muslims" in Arabic). It was not promised to unjust people. Unjust people (whether Jews or Muslims) were not part of that covenant as they had broken it the moment they became unjust by disobeying the Commands. As for Jews, everyone of them broke the covenant when in Babylonian captivity. This is why there is no death penality for adultery in post captivity Judaism.  

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
(Winston Churchill)
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 7:50PM #196
visio

And the last of known Hebrew/Aramaic prophets, in flesh and blood, Isasaw (Jesus) did indicate in the Injil, the Kingdom of Israel is not here on earth.  Israel is that station/maqm which in Prophet Muhammadsaw Mi'raj (Ascension) account is indicated as the 1st (Adamic) heaven.  And that is where Jesus is King.   And Ibn Araby in one of his writing made an open admission that his first supernatural teacher was Isasaw (Jesus) in the form of the spirit that was left behind. It was after his encounter with Isasaw (Jesus)'s spirit that he disposed of a big chunk of his wealth and possession, against the advice of his father, to live a simple and average life.  From what I read about Judaism to-day, I don't think they believe in all these heavenly, afterlife things.  And we don't know what is really their G-d?   Why waste the time telling?  To start with, we all know to-day that their Genesis is too ambigous, if not, faulty.

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 9:10PM #197
rocketjsquirell

Visio

Jesus, who most likely never existed, was no prophet. He was not even much of an original thinker or anything else. He is an irrelevency. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 30, 2012 - 11:57PM #198
rangerken

Jan 30, 2012 -- 9:10PM, rocketjsquirell wrote:

Visio

Jesus, who most likely never existed, was no prophet. He was not even much of an original thinker or anything else. He is an irrelevency. 

Rocket, you realize that I really don't agreee with you about Jesus, right? And Muslims do accept Isa, as they call Jesus, as a prophet though not the way we Christians do, and obviously we don't accept Muhammed as a prophet, and so on and so forth. Anyway, From the Old Testament I do think a case may be made that the land that is now Israel, plus areas surrounding it was indeed promised to the Hebrew tribes by God. My Muslim neighbor and I have had some fierce, though friendly arguments about this, and when some jewish friends join in the verbosity crackles...a lot Laughing. As to what the Koran says about this...frankly, damned if I know! I  defer to Muslims to explain that. My neighbor does try himself of course...LOL.

Ken

Libertarian, Conservative, Life member of the NRA and VFW
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2012 - 12:14AM #199
Miraj

Israel was promised to the Jews of the Torah.  They were displaced by God's promise of salvation through Jesus.  The Jews of the original promise lost the land.  The country and those who have it now are not the Israel or the Jews God was taking about back then.  Evangelical Christians are waiting around for us to kill each other so they can have their day of judgement and send us all to hell. Why waste time arguing about this anyway. 

Disclaimer: The opinions of this member are not primarily informed by western ethnocentric paradigms, stereotypes rooted in anti-Muslim/Islam hysteria, "Israel can do no wrong" intransigence, or the perceived need to protect the Judeo-Christian world from invading foreign religions and legal concepts.  By expressing such views, no inherent attempt is being made to derail or hijack threads, but that may be the result.  The result is not the responsibility of this member.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 years ago  ::  Jan 31, 2012 - 6:23AM #200
Dostojevsky

Miraj, let's say only 'some'.

There are 'some' in every walk of life and in every religion.

My evangelical friend here does not think so. She is waiting for the "signs".

I also think religion in US is much more politicized than other countries.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 20 of 24  •  Prev 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook