Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View So How Did The Devil Know?
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:29PM #51
Newtonian

Hi Kemmer! - It is not that I have more time.  It is that last night I had serious heart pains and am spending the day today relaxing (and posting) - as it is restful for my heart.

I actually have many things I should be doing if I was well enough to risk it - including following counsel of my elders to clean my home.  However, one symptom of heart trouble is fatigue - it is a good symptom to give into, btw, - in my condition right now.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:30PM #52
mecdukebec

P.S.  How does one know that the devils don't have male & female plumbing?  You ask them?  Ir one resembles Anne Coulter, i.e. feminine but with man-hands and an Adam's apple, does one ignore it?

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:40PM #53
Newtonian

Jan 4, 2012 -- 2:30PM, mecdukebec wrote:

P.S.  How does one know that the devils don't have male & female plumbing?  You ask them?  Ir one resembles Anne Coulter, i.e. feminine but with man-hands and an Adam's apple, does one ignore it?

Hi Mec!  In plumbing there are male and female adapters - but I doubt that is what you are referring to.

As for apples - well, fruit is, er .....

Seriously - spirit creatures are energy based, not matter based, life forms (see the definitions of spirit in Hebrew and Greek).    Male and female simply do not apply to that type of life form.   Now, when demons materialize (which they can no longer do, btw) that is another matter entirely.   And so  are various other spiritistic phenomena that involve energy to matter.

Btw - there is also the matter (or, er: energy) of other dimensions, as in varioius scientific models relating to String theories, for example.   Not to mention other universes as in the plural for heaven - see Genesis 1:1 - but interpretations vary as to why heaven is plural while earth is singular.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:43PM #54
Newtonian

Mec - In view of your post ending concerning Christendom's "just war" theology, you should know that Jehovah's Witnesses reject that theology, and also please understand that Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:47PM #55
Kemmer

Mec -  please understand that Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war.

And why should they when they can sit comfortably at home while others attend to threatening dangers?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 2:56PM #56
mecdukebec

Jan 4, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Newtonian wrote:

Hi Mec!  In plumbing there are male and female adapters - but I doubt that is what you are referring to.

Seriously - spirit creatures are energy based, not matter based, life forms (see the definitions of spirit in Hebrew and Greek).    Male and female simply do not apply to that type of life form.   Now, when demons materialize (which they can no longer do, btw) that is another matter entirely.   And so  are various other spiritistic phenomena that involve energy to matter.

Btw - there is also the matter (or, er: energy) of other dimensions, as in varioius scientific models relating to String theories, for example.   Not to mention other universes as in the plural for heaven - see Genesis 1:1 - but interpretations vary as to why heaven is plural while earth is singular.

"Spirit creatures" sounds like that thing that wanted to date Zephrem Cochrane in that episode of Star Trek.      Is pseudo-science the JW thang? 

"Wesley told the early Methodists to gain all they could and save all they could so that they could give all they could. It means that I consider my money to belong to God and I see myself as one of the hungry people who needs to get fed with God’s money. If I really have put all my trust in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord, then nothing I have is really my own anymore."
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 3:08PM #57
Newtonian

Jan 4, 2012 -- 2:47PM, Kemmer wrote:

Mec -  please understand that Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war.

And why should they when they can sit comfortably at home while others attend to threatening dangers?

Kemmer - Attending to dangers I do - however war is not one way I do this.   E.g. I have posted in the past how I pursued a kidnapper - but I also made sure the police made the arrest.   I am not going to post details unless you require it.   However, just sitting at home while various dangers threaten our neighors is certainly morally wrong - and is totally against loving one's neighbor as Jesus taught.

However, war is totally against loving one's enemies which Jesus also taught - see Matthew 5:44.  

As an example, during the Rwanda genocide Jehovah's Witnesses did not take part on either side of that conflict but rather Jehovah's Witnesses of the one tribe tried to conceal/protect those of the other tribe (Hutu vs Tutsi).   Now, what were the predominant religions of those who took part in that genocide?   Was not Rwanda 70% Catholic and 13% Protestant?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 3:16PM #58
Newtonian

Jan 4, 2012 -- 2:56PM, mecdukebec wrote:

Jan 4, 2012 -- 2:40PM, Newtonian wrote:

"Spirit creatures" sounds like that thing that wanted to date Zephrem Cochrane in that episode of Star Trek.      Is pseudo-science the JW thang? 

Mec - No.  

However, I was referring to various scientific models involving other universes and other dimensions and SETI, among other parameters of research.

Do you believe there are forms of life in our universe or in other universes which are superior to humans and are of different life forms than humans?

In short, do you consider the belief that higher forms of extra-terrestrial life is pseudo-science?

Or would you agree that many legitimate scientists believe such life forms are likely to exist?

Do you have some reason for believing energy based life does not exist - or that other universes do contain different properties than our own universe?

There is a difference between theoretical science (e.g.: evolution and theoretical physics) and pseudo-science.)

Do you believe all reported spiritistic phenomena are fake?   That spiritistic practitioners do not practice various forms of spiritism?

That Jehovah's Witnesses who formerly practiced witchcraft, for example, have lied about their experiences?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 5:36PM #59
Goodtobehomestill

Jan 4, 2012 -- 1:53PM, Newtonian wrote:

Jan 3, 2012 -- 7:08PM, Goodtobehomestill wrote:

Therefore, in looking at the context, when you responded to Knowsnothing's quote of "Angels are created with a sex drive"....instead of saying 'I don't believe this is correct,' you said "I don't think this is correct"....giving me the impression that you were not 100% sure. And then in the same paragraph, two sentences over, you said(or meant to say), "I don't [think] this was created in humans." Therefore, in following the 'tone' of you whole paragraph, I viewed the second "I don't think" the same way that I viewed the first "I don't think.---Ed

Well NO WONDER we have communication problems sometimes,  we don't even have the same interpretation for the simplest of phrases!

For future reference, while I make it a practice not to believe every thought that crosses my mind (and heartily recommend this practice, most of us think way too much) if i say 'I think' or 'I don't think' it means the same as 'I believe' or 'I don't believe.'   I will bear in mind that if you use the phrase 'I think' it means 'I am unsure.'   I am sure this will not solve all of our communication dilemmas, but it is something.Wink

Is there something I still need to clear up from the thread you link to?  If so, please spell it out for me.   

goodtobehome - that appeals to my sense of humor!

I think I know what you mean! - do you think? Laughing

I know I think I mean: do you think I know or do you know I think? Foot in Mouth

Ed - Do you 'believe' "I don't think" means I don't think? SurprisedEmbarassed

Hi, Newtonian, as time goes by, humor becomes more and more important to me, so I am glad you enjoyed it.  Wink

It was a pretty much serious comment with a humorous slant.

I have come to the conclusion that we are all just talking to ourselves here, so I am going to have a good time about it.  I definitely don't take it any of it personally, now that I realize, everyone that posts 'to me' is really just posting to the 'image of me' that they created in their own heads.

And of course, I do exactly the same thing, I don't know anyone here, obviously, so even with you, I love you like crazy but I certainly don't know you, so in order to converse with you I have to form a 'you' inside my mind.  Now if I were ever to address you rudely, since I'd only be addressing the 'you' in my mind, basically I would be being rude to my own creation.  So of course, I'm only going to direct the most friendly thoughts to my own 'mind.'  Anything else would be unkind... to me!

And if you think about it, even in close relationships we still do the same, we form an 'image' of the person, you can't every really 'know' a human being with our limited communications.  So when Jesus said 'love your brother as yourself' I think maybe he was in touch with this!  If you love your brother, any human, you certainly are 'loving yourself!'

Now isn't that something to 'think' about! lol!Wink

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
― Epictetus

Life is like photography, you need a clear lens, and the picture you get depends on what you focus on.

Anger stems from irrational beliefs about others, anxiety stems from irrational beliefs about yourself.---Spencer Lord, The Brain Mechanic
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jan 04, 2012 - 5:53PM #60
Kemmer

Kemmer - Attending to dangers I do - however war is not one way I do this.   E.g. I have posted in the past how I pursued a kidnapper - but I also made sure the police made the arrest.

Commendable.  How about in1941-2, when everyone on the West Coast was expecting a (non-Christian) Japanese invasion after Pearl Harbor?  Did any existing JWs then flee to their KHs and await the army's protection?

an example, during the Rwanda genocide Jehovah's Witnesses did not take part on either side of that conflict but rather Jehovah's Witnesses of the one tribe tried to conceal/protect those of the other tribe (Hutu vs Tutsi).   Now, what were the predominant religions of those who took part in that genocide?   Was not Rwanda 70% Catholic and 13% Protestant?

Newt, even YOU must know they were Tutsi and Hutu, with different physical characteristics,  before they were adherents of any religion; even so, thousands fled to churches for protection.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook