Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2
1 year ago  ::  Oct 19, 2012 - 2:15PM #11
Aka_me

Feb 27, 2012 -- 7:45AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

Bahá'ís prefer that his person is not played by any actor.

really? I hadn't heard or read anything to that effect, where would I read more about it?

thx

buzz buzz... that dizzy fly is wrong to even think he can be an annoying.
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 20, 2012 - 8:42PM #12
world citizen

Aka_me, the Guardian's directive can be found in Lights of Guidance...

No. 342 Dramatizing Historic Episodes of the Faith

:As to your question concerning the advisability of dramatizing Bahá'í historic episodes; the Guardian would certainly approve, and even encourage that the friends should engage in such literary pursuits which, no doubt, can be of an immense teaching value. What He wishes the believers to avoid is to dramatize the personages of the Báb, Bahá'u'lláh and 'Abdu'l-Bahá, that is to say to treat them as dramatic figures, as characters appearing on the stage. This, as already pointed out, he feels would be quite disrespectful. The mere fact that they appear on the scene constitutes an act of discourtesy which can in no way be reconciled with Their highly exalted station. Their Message, or actual Words, should be preferably reported and conveyed by Their disciples appearing on the stage."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, 25 July 1936)
Compilation: "Lights of Guidance," p. 99

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
1 year ago  ::  Oct 21, 2012 - 1:01AM #13
Aka_me

I see, thank you for that.

buzz buzz... that dizzy fly is wrong to even think he can be an annoying.
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 months ago  ::  Oct 20, 2013 - 1:12AM #14
Lilwabbit

Wishing all the friends a blessed Birth of the Báb which occurred exactly 194 years ago today...

blog.beliefnet.com/songofnightingale/201...

With loving regards,

LilWabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
6 months ago  ::  Oct 20, 2013 - 10:52AM #15
world citizen

Thank you wabbit for your wishes.  May blessings be upon you and your family as well.

Blessed is he who mingleth with all men in a spirit of utmost kindliness and love. ~Baha'u'llah
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Prev 1 2

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook