Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Switch to Forum Live View The Book of Job: How Loving Was Jehovah?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 7:01AM #31
older

The experience of Job is for all of us to also learn of Jehovans ability.Jehovah does not promise that inthis life , if we obey Christ that we will be protected from harm. Jehovah has  told us that  we are to expect suffering for  his name. So are we willing to do so, so as to prove integrity to Jehovah?  The experience of  Jws in  Malawi shows that we must not depend on our own understanding to not be a part of the world. Those that bought the  political identity card suffered even more than JWs did who refused to join and fight. Same is true of JWS during  the world wars. We have suffered in our stand for obedience to Christ  instead of to men who fought those wars.  They lost lives , limbs and minds by being a part of the world. The only goverment that true Christians are to be loyal to is the heavenly  government, and christ is the appointed king.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 10:50AM #32
Ed2

Sep 28, 2011 -- 6:42AM, older wrote:

Ed, Jehovah is not bragging of his authority, but remining Job of his ability , and his wisdom, that even tho Job should die, he can also be resurrected, as Job also relates for Jehovah to remember him.

Oh really? Well, I think that you are getting your scriptures mixed up, older.

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

~Dr. Patrick Dowling, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 11/23/11.)

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 10:51AM #33
Ed2

Sep 28, 2011 -- 7:01AM, older wrote:

The experience of  Jws in  Malawi shows that we must not depend on our own understanding to not be a part of the world. Those that bought the  political identity card suffered even more than JWs did who refused to join and fight.

Oh Really? You'll have to elaborate a little bit more on that one, older.

I think that it's pretty sad and pretty unbelievable that there are so many healthy, powerful, and healing foods that I have learned about from watching "The Doctor Oz Show"...but unfortunately, most Americans from their childhood on up, have only learned how to eat what is essentially equivalent to 'garbage'...and are basically in a 'slumber' when it comes to not having a clue as to what that kind of food is doing to their bodies and to their health. It's really sad.

~Ed2

"Hmmm. So you're saying that for Jesus' followers(throughout the centuries) to truly live a 'godly' life, they had to believe that the end of the world was just around the corner?"

~Ed2(See post #53)

"Although, I think that I'll change that to: Also...I liked the way that you dodged what I had said about being 'concerned that the Bible had to use subterfuge as a means to an end' in my post #137."

~Ed2(See post #145)

"It's utterly beyond belief, that the wealthiest country in the history of the world, fails to care for all it's people."

"If I could prescribe any drug on the planet, it would be food [be]cause it works better, faster, and cheaper than any medication. Food is the most powerful medicine we have...to treat chronic disease like diabetes."

~Dr. Mark Hyman, MD(From The Doctor Oz Show, which aired on 01/13/12. Also, go to www.doctoroz.com for more information.)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 3:23PM #34
older

Ed, I would not be surprised if I got something a bit mixed up for I do have a problem reading long articles and  scriptures due to my very poor eyesight. I can see only 2 or 3 words at a time. So would you please tell me what  I got  mixed up on? Dont just say but explain please.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 3:27PM #35
older

Do y ou Ed, suppose that  Jesus  would say to his Father , you  are not loving me very much to   let me suffer the way I did?  Well Jesus wanted  Jehovahs purpose to be fulfilled. So the suffering Jesus endured also  will bring greater happiness to him as King of a paradise earth. Jesus would not  critisize his Father or say that he was not loving. So who is not following  Jesus '  footsteps?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 28, 2011 - 6:44PM #36
Kemmer

. So the suffering Jesus endured also  will bring greater happiness to him as King of a paradise earth.

For a god to be confined to "ruling" a tiny 10th-rate planet, would be intolerable.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 7:23PM #37
Ed2

Sep 28, 2011 -- 3:23PM, older wrote:

Ed, I would not be surprised if I got something a bit mixed up for I do have a problem reading long articles and  scriptures due to my very poor eyesight. I can see only 2 or 3 words at a time. So would you please tell me what  I got  mixed up on? Dont just say but explain please.

Older, you were refering to a passage way back in Job 14:13-15:

13 O that in She´ol you would conceal me,
That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,
That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!

14 If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?
All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait,
Until my relief comes.

15 You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
For the work of your hands you will have a yearning.

www.watchtower.org/e/bible/job/chapter_0...

However, I was referrring to Job chapters 38, 39, 40, and 41:

www.watchtower.org/e/bible/job/chapter_0...

~Ed2

~Ed2(See post #53)

~Ed2(See post #145)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 7:38PM #38
Ed2

Sep 28, 2011 -- 3:27PM, older wrote:

Do y ou Ed, suppose that  Jesus  would say to his Father , you  are not loving me very much to   let me suffer the way I did?  Well Jesus wanted  Jehovahs purpose to be fulfilled. So the suffering Jesus endured also  will bring greater happiness to him as King of a paradise earth. Jesus would not  critisize his Father or say that he was not loving. So who is not following  Jesus '  footsteps?

Yes, but we are talking about two entirely different situations here, older.

Pre-human Jesus, the Logos, was not in the dark as to the suffering that he was to go through. He knew exactly what he was getting into.

However, Job was totally in the dark as to the reasons why he was suffering so tragically and so horrendously. Plus, Job was verbally chastised by YHWH because he guessed the wrong reasons as to why he was suffering....and because he asked YHWH why he was suffering. 

~Ed2

~Ed2(See post #53)

~Ed2(See post #145)

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 8:50PM #39
older

Job was not accusssing Jehovah, but wantttinng an explanatiooon, and Jehovaah inforrrmed hiim of  his   soverry andd indicated that dueee to his mightiness  should Job even question. That is not bragging not acting  wrrong. Jehovah had a reson to alloww  the suffering, andd the other angels were awaare, and it proved Satan as wrong. So Satans accusation proved loyalty to Jehovah was        possible.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 29, 2011 - 10:44PM #40
older

Jehovah dddoes not have to brag, for he is thee source of Knowledge, andd he  wasss not bragging but tellinggg it like it is.  Job of course feeling a lot of pain and suffeering would like to die and have relief from his suffering. Job is not recognizing the purpose of his suffeing, but knows it is  not due to somethnng he did wrong. so he wants to know why.

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook