Post Reply
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where is the Ark of the Covenant?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2011 - 2:08PM #1
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808
Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

The most important person as far as the Ark of the Covenant
was concerned was Moses, who had it built to contain the stones with the commandments carved on them, which he had brought down from the Mountain, and kept as a sacred relic in the tabernacle built for the purpose to keep the Ark in it through the crossing of the desert for 40 years.

There was nothing Moses wanted the most than to see "his" Ark in a sumptuous Temple built for it in the Holy Land. He wouldn't because he had to die before the People crossed the Jordan into the Holy Land.

Then, the Law, the most precious content of the Ark became a sysnonym with Moses himself, as Jesus himself was reminded of as he proposed the parable of the Richman and Lazarus, that if the relatives of the Richman in hell did not listen to Moses, i.e. the Law, even if one was raised from the dead, nothing would prevent them from ending themselves up in hell. (Luke 16:29-31)

Now, when the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem, the Ark of the Covenant was no longer in the Temple. What could be the most logical thought to come to mind? That the Prophet of the time, Jeremiah, must have had a vision that the end had arrived for the Temple, and that he should do the only right thing that was supposed to be done, which would be to return the Ark to Moses.

Between Jericho and Jordan there is a great mountain called Nebo, whose highest spot was the top of Pisgah, wherefrom, Moses was allowed to contemplate the Holy Land that he was not allowed to enter. There, on the Mountain Nebo at the top of Pisgah, Moses was to die and be buried. Whoever buried him must have kept the secret till death, because up to this day nobody knows the place of his sepucher. That's where Jeremiah took the Ark of the Covenant to. He must have had a vision about the place and buried the Ark where Moses was supposed to be. That's where Jeremiah hid the Ark of the Covenant: In the hidden sepucher of Moses. (Deut. 34:1-6)
Ben
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2011 - 6:47PM #2
andrewcyrus
Posts: 4,253

Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the  ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings,  and an earthquake, and great hail.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 11, 2011 - 4:56PM #3
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 01, 2011 - 11:09PM #4
Discerner
Posts: 1,717

Sep 11, 2011 -- 4:56PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 02, 2011 - 7:49PM #5
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Oct 1, 2011 -- 11:09PM, Discerner wrote:


Sep 11, 2011 -- 4:56PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.




It was not John who was called the beloved by Jesus, but Mary Magdalene. The Church forgered the text by replacing the name of Mary Magdalene with John's name in order to take the mind of the readers away from the fact that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. She was the one there, at the Calvary, standing hand-in-hand with Mary, Jesus' mother.


Now, at the cross, Jesus did not entrust his mother to John for three reasons. The first was as a matter of Jewish decorum. A Jew would never entrust his mother to any other male who was not of the family. Therefore, what Jesus said was: Woman, behold thy daughter. And that's what the Magdalene was to Mary. The second reason is that, due to a Roman policy for security, the Romans would never allow the disciple of a crucified to stick around at the scene of a crucifixion. The third reason is that, according to Mark 14:50, when Jesus was arrested ALL his disciples deserted him and fled into hiding afraid that the Romans would come for them too.


Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 05, 2011 - 10:53PM #6
Discerner
Posts: 1,717

Oct 2, 2011 -- 7:49PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 11:09PM, Discerner wrote:


Sep 11, 2011 -- 4:56PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.




It was not John who was called the beloved by Jesus, but Mary Magdalene. The Church forgered the text by replacing the name of Mary Magdalene with John's name in order to take the mind of the readers away from the fact that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. She was the one there, at the Calvary, standing hand-in-hand with Mary, Jesus' mother.



Then what you are saying is that the Bible is not God-inspired. Jesus' mission on this earth was not to grow up and marry. His mission was to fulfill prophecy as a Saviour of mankind and to reconcile man back to God again. Through His death on the cross, He became the substitute for ALL sinners since Adam and Eve, suffering the penalty of sin on the behalf of those who believe and accept Christ. Knowing what His mission was on this earth, and knowing that He would die for mankind, why would He even think about marriage? You've been reading too many false stories about Jesus.




Now, at the cross, Jesus did not entrust his mother to John for three reasons. The first was as a matter of Jewish decorum. A Jew would never entrust his mother to any other male who was not of the family. Therefore, what Jesus said was: Woman, behold thy daughter. And that's what the Magdalene was to Mary. The second reason is that, due to a Roman policy for security, the Romans would never allow the disciple of a crucified to stick around at the scene of a crucifixion. The third reason is that, according to Mark 14:50, when Jesus was arrested ALL his disciples deserted him and fled into hiding afraid that the Romans would come for them too.



According to John 13:23, which says, "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved." In John 19:26, it says, "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then in verse 27, it says, "Then saith he (Jesus) to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home." I don't think that protocols were strictly enforced at this particular crucifixion, and I don't think that Jesus was concerned about Roman rules and/or edicts in view of his impending death.









Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 06, 2011 - 8:16PM #7
andrewcyrus
Posts: 4,253

Oct 2, 2011 -- 7:49PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 11:09PM, Discerner wrote:


Sep 11, 2011 -- 4:56PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.




It was not John who was called the beloved by Jesus, but Mary Magdalene. The Church forgered the text by replacing the name of Mary Magdalene with John's name in order to take the mind of the readers away from the fact that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. She was the one there, at the Calvary, standing hand-in-hand with Mary, Jesus' mother.


Now, at the cross, Jesus did not entrust his mother to John for three reasons. The first was as a matter of Jewish decorum. A Jew would never entrust his mother to any other male who was not of the family. Therefore, what Jesus said was: Woman, behold thy daughter. And that's what the Magdalene was to Mary. The second reason is that, due to a Roman policy for security, the Romans would never allow the disciple of a crucified to stick around at the scene of a crucifixion. The third reason is that, according to Mark 14:50, when Jesus was arrested ALL his disciples deserted him and fled into hiding afraid that the Romans would come for them too.


Ben




 


Ben,


Jesus didn't pay much attention to jewish denial back then and he would probably say the same today.


 


Mark 7v9


And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may
keep your own tradition.

Hebrews 10v16


This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the
Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write
them;


 


v17


And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.


 


Deut 10v16


Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.


 


Deut 11v18


Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and
bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your
eyes.


 


A better question one for you to ponder Ben is where has your heart been?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 10:54AM #8
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Oct 6, 2011 -- 8:16PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Oct 2, 2011 -- 7:49PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Oct 1, 2011 -- 11:09PM, Discerner wrote:


Sep 11, 2011 -- 4:56PM, Ben Masada wrote:


Sep 10, 2011 -- 6:47PM, andrewcyrus wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.





And tell me, how do you believe in this kind of things? First of all, the book of revelation was written by several unknown Hellenists authors from a collective plagiarising of the books of Daniel and Ezekiel. And then, John was not one of them. According to Acts 4:13, John was an unlearned ingnorant man. As far as I am concerned, illiterate people do not write books. That's 21st Century and some people still enjoy to be deceived by fantastic promises of an afterlife reward for what, for behaving as a good person? That's simply ridiculous.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.




It was not John who was called the beloved by Jesus, but Mary Magdalene. The Church forgered the text by replacing the name of Mary Magdalene with John's name in order to take the mind of the readers away from the fact that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene. She was the one there, at the Calvary, standing hand-in-hand with Mary, Jesus' mother.


Now, at the cross, Jesus did not entrust his mother to John for three reasons. The first was as a matter of Jewish decorum. A Jew would never entrust his mother to any other male who was not of the family. Therefore, what Jesus said was: Woman, behold thy daughter. And that's what the Magdalene was to Mary. The second reason is that, due to a Roman policy for security, the Romans would never allow the disciple of a crucified to stick around at the scene of a crucifixion. The third reason is that, according to Mark 14:50, when Jesus was arrested ALL his disciples deserted him and fled into hiding afraid that the Romans would come for them too.


Ben




 


Ben,


Jesus didn't pay much attention to jewish denial back then and he would probably say the same today.



Denial of what? What are you talking about? Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the prophets and to make sure we all did the same down to the letter. (Mat. 5:17-19) And there is nothing more important than that for us. So, there was no Jewish denial of his teachings. What we denied and still do is the Pauline policy of faith only.


Mark 7v9. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.



Jesus never said that we reject the commandment of God, because he was a Jew and he knew that there is nothing we accept more. That was Paul with his baseless accusations. That we may keep our own tradition!!! What traditions was he talking about? Care to discuss?

Hebrews 10v16. This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; v17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.



This is the covenant established with the House of Israel and the House of Judah as one People. (Ezek. 37:22) According to this New Covenant, we would not need anyone to teach us to know the Lord, because the Law would be written in our own hearts and in our own minds (Jer. 31:31-37)


Deut 10v16. Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.



The text has nothing to do with circumcision of the heart in the original in Hebrew. The KJV adds the word "circumcision" to confirm the Pauline policy to preach against the Jewish circumcision. (Acts 21:21) This is Replacement Theology.


Deut 11v18. Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your
eyes.



Wow! Do you agree with this Jewish ritual commandment? The text is talking about tefiillin that we use once everyday in our shacharit. (Morning prayers) That's a written tradition.


A better question one for you to ponder Ben is where has your heart been?



With the Law and the Prophets. And that's what Jesus confirmed in Matthew 5:17-19. To the Law and the Prophets; if we don't speak according to this commitment, it's because there is no light or truth in what we say. Read Isaiah 8:20.


Ben

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 11:32AM #9
Ben Masada
Posts: 2,808

Oct 5, 2011 -- 10:53PM, Discerner wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.



The book of Revelation was written in the beginning of the second century by several unknown authors, and John was not one of them. (Preface to Revelation by the NAB, St. Joseph's edition, translated by Catholic Bishops/scholars, with the imprimatum by Pope John Paul II.) 


And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.



That's not true. If Jesus was single, imagine a man in his 30's, rooming around with 12 men, while calling one of them his beloved. That would be tantamount to homosexuality, and Jesus was never accused of such a thing. That's an evidence that he was a married man. And I have already given in the previous post all the proofs that John was not at the calvary when Jesus was on the cross. Unless you don't mind one more contradiction in the NT.


Then what you are saying is that the Bible is not God-inspired. Jesus' mission on this earth was not to grow up and marry. His mission was to fulfill prophecy as a Saviour of mankind and to reconcile man back to God again. Through His death on the cross, He became the substitute for ALL sinners since Adam and Eve, suffering the penalty of sin on the behalf of those who believe and accept Christ. Knowing what His mission was on this earth, and knowing that He would die for mankind, why would He even think about marriage? You've been reading too many false stories about Jesus.



Show me with a quotation in the NT that Jesus' mission was not to grow up and marry. You can't, because he was a Jew; and the main concern of Jewish men is to get married as soon as they can, especially a candidate to the Rabbinate. And the Almighty God is the only Savior. Read Isaiah 43:3 and 44:6. And Jesus did not die for any sinners. Jesus was a Jew and knew that, according to Jeremiah 31:30, every one is supposed to die for his or her own iniquity. Therefore, Jesus died for political reasons. That's what was written on that plaque on the top of his cross. Marriage was part of the life of every Jew; then and today. You have no evidences that Jesus was not married. And that he was, there are plenty in the gospels.


According to John 13:23, which says, "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved."



See what I mean by evidence of homosexuality. Is that what you would prefer that he had been instead of a respectable married man? LOL!


 In John 19:26, it says, "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then in verse 27, it says, "Then saith he (Jesus) to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home." I don't think that protocols were strictly enforced at this particular crucifixion, and I don't think that Jesus was concerned about Roman rules and/or edicts in view of his impending death.



That's not true at all, and I have already posted the three evidences and written proof to assert that John was not at the Calvary that day of the crucifixion of Jesus; but faith won't allow you to think within reason.


Ben 




Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Oct 07, 2011 - 2:07PM #10
Discerner
Posts: 1,717

Oct 7, 2011 -- 11:32AM, Ben Masada wrote:


Oct 5, 2011 -- 10:53PM, Discerner wrote:


Revelation of Jesus Christ


11v19


And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.



The book of Revelation was written in the beginning of the second century by several unknown authors, and John was not one of them. (Preface to Revelation by the NAB, St. Joseph's edition, translated by Catholic Bishops/scholars, with the imprimatum by Pope John Paul II.) 


That is not surprising...that the Catholic Church would attempt to discredit the authenticity and accuracy of the Book of Revelation since it exposes them as the beast of Revelation, pointing out their indiscretions and sins.


The earliest extant Greek manuscripts, as well as the writings of several Church Fathers beginning with Irenaeus (circa, A.D. 130-202), entitle this book simply "Apocalypse of John." Later, medieval manuscripts elaborated the title to "Apocalypse of John the Theologian and Evangelist" and "Apocalypse of St. John the Theologian." The name as it stands in the KJV is a variant English rendering of this last title. The Greek word 'apokalupsis', "apocalypse", "revelation," means literally, "an unveiling," and in religious literature, especially, an unveiling of the future. The apocalyptic was a characteristic literary form among the Jews of the intertestamental and early Christian periods, and also among certain writers of the primitive church.


In connection with the authorship of Revelation, the author repeatedly identifies himself as "John" (chs. 1:1, 4, 9; 21:2; 22:8). The Greek form of this name, Ioannes (see Luke 1:13), represents the common Hebrew name Yochanan, "Johanan," which appears numerous times in the later books of the OT, the Apocrypha, and Josephus. This identifies the author as a Jew.


Various evidences clearly indicate that the name John was that of the author, and not a pseudonym, such as many Jewish and early Christian apocalyptic works bore. First is the fact that, in identifying himself as John, the author of the Revelation makes no attempt to establish himself as holding any position in the church. Various Jewish and Christian apocalypses are attributed to Hebrew patriarchs and prophets and to Christian apostles. If the Revelation were also pseudonymous, it would be expected that its author would attempt to identify himself specifically as an apostle. But the simple statement of the author that his name is John, "your brother", is testimony that he is giving his true name. It is obvious that the writer was so well known to the churches that his name alone was sufficient to identify him and to lend credence to his record of the visions he had seen. Also, it appears that the practice of pseudonymity did not flourish when the exercise of the gift of prophecy was vigorous. If you would like a more detailed biographic explanation as to the identity and veracity of John as the author of Revelation, it can be furnished.




And Moses stuttered and had problems with his speech, yet look at what God did through him! John is called the 'beloved', for he was close to Christ, and it was to him that Christ entrusted His mother when He was on the cross. The Holy Spirit can work in mysterious ways, and did so with the disciples of Jesus.



That's not true. If Jesus was single, imagine a man in his 30's, rooming around with 12 men, while calling one of them his beloved. That would be tantamount to homosexuality, and Jesus was never accused of such a thing. That's an evidence that he was a married man. And I have already given in the previous post all the proofs that John was not at the calvary when Jesus was on the cross. Unless you don't mind one more contradiction in the NT.


Your premise is based on the sinful traits and characteristics of man, but though Christ was born into this sinful world for a different reason than the desires and sinful lusts that humans possess, He did not sin, and that means in both thoughts and actions. So marriage was not an issue with him, but rather His only reason for being here on earth was being the final sacrifice for the remission of the sins of mankind, past, present and future. His association with His disciples was to prepare them for the continuation of His ministry, and it continues today. Christ always exhibited love, mercy, tenderness and care of people He came into contact with, and the Bible, in Greek, describes that as 'agape love'...a love that humans cannot fathom or understand. It is also the love that God, the Father, has for humanity as well, for Christ told the people when asked about God, the Father, and what 'He was like', Christ responded by saying that 'if you have seen Me, you have seen the Father'...an intimation that God is a 'God of love' as is Jesus. I believe in the inerrancy of the Bible, both the OT and the NT, and anything that contradicts the Bible is apostate in nature and the work of 'the evil one' to denigrate the Word of God, and in doing so, create confusion and doubt in God's word. 




Then what you are saying is that the Bible is not God-inspired. Jesus' mission on this earth was not to grow up and marry. His mission was to fulfill prophecy as a Saviour of mankind and to reconcile man back to God again. Through His death on the cross, He became the substitute for ALL sinners since Adam and Eve, suffering the penalty of sin on the behalf of those who believe and accept Christ. Knowing what His mission was on this earth, and knowing that He would die for mankind, why would He even think about marriage? You've been reading too many false stories about Jesus.



Show me with a quotation in the NT that Jesus' mission was not to grow up and marry. You can't, because he was a Jew; and the main concern of Jewish men is to get married as soon as they can, especially a candidate to the Rabbinate. And the Almighty God is the only Savior. Read Isaiah 43:3 and 44:6. And Jesus did not die for any sinners. Jesus was a Jew and knew that, according to Jeremiah 31:30, every one is supposed to die for his or her own iniquity. Therefore, Jesus died for political reasons. That's what was written on that plaque on the top of his cross. Marriage was part of the life of every Jew; then and today. You have no evidences that Jesus was not married. And that he was, there are plenty in the gospels.


And, on the contrary, you have no evidence that Christ was married, nor do you understand the role of Christ as the fulfillment of the sacrificial ritual established in the Sinai Desert by Moses. It was the forerunner of the ultimate sacrifice by Christ to permanently provide the remission of sin by mankind, whereas the sanctuary ritual of the sacrificial lamb/goat was an ongoing ritual. The fulfillment and the cessation of this rite was well demonstrated when the temple curtain was 'rent' from top to bottom at the time of Christ's death on the cross. The ritual is no longer necessary. Reading the exploits and miracles performed by Christ while on earth alone refutes your premise that He 'died for political reasons', for if that was His sole mission, He could have used His divine powers to do anything He wanted to do. Instead, He remained isolated from the political conflict by saying 'that one should render unto Caesar what is Caesar's....'. If He had wanted political power, He would have refuted Caesar's powers as a dictator vigorously. As I said above, His role was a divine mission...to provide the means of the remission of sins by man and to reconcile man to God again. He accomplished His mission, and man has attempted to denigrate His name and divinity and assign human frailties to Him. In doing so, then Satan can draw people away from the love and grace of the Godhead, and believe me, he has been very successful in doing so....unfortunately.




According to John 13:23, which says, "Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved."



See what I mean by evidence of homosexuality. Is that what you would prefer that he had been instead of a respectable married man? LOL!



My refutation of your accusation is covered above.




 In John 19:26, it says, "When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then in verse 27, it says, "Then saith he (Jesus) to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home." I don't think that protocols were strictly enforced at this particular crucifixion, and I don't think that Jesus was concerned about Roman rules and/or edicts in view of his impending death.



That's not true at all, and I have already posted the three evidences and written proof to assert that John was not at the Calvary that day of the crucifixion of Jesus; but faith won't allow you to think within reason.


And your blindness as to truth has clouded your logic and thinking.


[/quote]


 




Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook