Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Where is the Ark of the Covenant?
3 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2011 - 1:56PM #1
Ben Masada
Where is the Ark of the Covenant?

The most important person as far as the Ark of the Covenant
was concerned was Moses, who had it built to contain the stones with the commandments carved on them, which he had brought down from the Mountain, and kept as a sacred relic in the tabernacle built for the purpose to keep the Ark in it through the crossing of the desert for 40 years.

There was nothing Moses wanted the most than to see "his" Ark in a sumptuous Temple built for it in the Holy Land. He wouldn't because he had to die before the People crossed the Jordan into the Holy Land.

Then, the Law, the most precious content of the Ark became a sysnonym with Moses himself, as Jesus himself was reminded of as he proposed the parable of the Richman and Lazarus, that if the relatives of the Richman in hell did not listen to Moses, i.e. the Law, even if one was raised from the dead, nothing would prevent them from ending themselves up in hell. (Luke 16:29-31)

Now, when the Babylonians destroyed Jerusalem, the Ark of the Covenant was no longer in the Temple. What could be the most logical thought to come to mind? That the Prophet of the time, Jeremiah, must have had a vision that the end had arrived for the Temple, and that he should do the only right thing that was supposed to be done, which would be to return the Ark to Moses.

Between Jericho and Jordan there is a great mountain called Nebo, whose highest spot was the top of Pisgah, wherefrom, Moses was allowed to contemplate the Holy Land that he was not allowed to enter. There, on the Mountain Nebo at the top of Pisgah, Moses was to die and be buried. Whoever buried him must have kept the secret till death, because up to this day nobody knows the place of his sepucher. That's where Jeremiah took the Ark of the Covenant to. He must have had a vision about the place and buried the Ark where Moses was supposed to be. That's where Jeremiah hid the Ark of the Covenant: In the hidden sepulcher of Moses. (Deut. 34:1-6)
Ben
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2011 - 5:25PM #2
rocketjsquirell

Frankly Scarlett . . .

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 02, 2011 - 6:17PM #3
Bunsinspace

BS"D

It doesn't matter to me if the Ark still survives or not.  Moses did not create it for any purpose that I know of - the purpose was supposed to be enumerated by the divine as per the text.  What was put in it was an artifact of culture IMHO.  It was what was "spoken" from between the creatures on its lid that was important IMHO.  Likely since the Ark was made of wood covered in gold it is dust by now.  The clay pot containing the ashes is important to Judaism now, not the Ark which can be remade at any time IMHO.  The Tablets are not important to Judaism as the words are what is important not the medium.  And like everything in Torah it is the message and not the medium which is important to Judaism.  We preserve the message by extreme detail to the medium and only the other "monotheistic" faiths (and fundamentalists of all faiths) mistake the medium for the message.  May they receive blessings from the divine for their ignorance in word and deed does nothing but make a Hell on Earth. 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2011 - 9:24AM #4
river8101

Fascinating!  I was not aware of the story that Ben told, but then again, I'm not a bible literalist.

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 04, 2011 - 11:17AM #5
Pam34

So how did JEREMIAH know where Moses' supposed tomb was?

Besides, everyone knows the ark is in Ethiopia, and who cares? Standard explanation is that it was taken and removed because people were starting to think of it as a physical 'thing' that was somehow 'special'...... or a physical representation of God, i.e., an idol.

Only God is 'special'. God has no physical representation in this world.

Blessed are You, HaShem, Who blesses the years.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 06, 2011 - 9:58PM #6
nieciedo

The Ark was boxed up and placed in an unnamed US government warehouse. Beyond that, it's whereabouts cannot be pinpointed. According one source, it was last seen in the 1950's in Area 51 in Nevada, but the canonicity of that source is debatable and many scholars reject it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 07, 2011 - 10:02AM #7
vra

Do you think I should turn it over?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 10, 2011 - 9:55PM #8
Bunsinspace

BS"D

I heard John Titor recorded the exact location of the Ark in one of his "fly-by's" in 2000.  Heheh.   Warehouse 13 should have "bag-and-tagged" it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 14, 2011 - 2:35PM #9
rocketjsquirell

I love Warehoue 13. What a great show and yeah, it must be in there someplace all the cool stuff is.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 16, 2011 - 5:12PM #10
Bezant

[shifty eyes]

....Why do you ask?

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  1 2 Next

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement