3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 5:19PM #1
Milltank
Hello people. I am christian. I picked God because I heard him calling to my heart. Why have you picked paganism over christianity?
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 8:12PM #2
Sacrificialgoddess

You've answered your own question.  We picked Paganism because our gods called us. And we didn't pick it over Christianity any more than you picked Christianity over Jainism.

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 10:00PM #3
gorm-sionnach

Aug 23, 2011 -- 5:19PM, Milltank wrote:

Hello people. I am christian. I picked God because I heard him calling to my heart. Why have you picked paganism over christianity?

What SG said. It wasn't that I didn't "pick polytheism over Christianity", anymore than I picked it over Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism or Atheism. Well maybe over Atheism, as I was an atheist growing up. Religious experiences will have that effect. The gods spoke to me, what else can I say?

Truth in our hearts, Strength in our arms, Fulfillment in our tongues.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 23, 2011 - 10:04PM #4
mainecaptain

SG and Gorn answered for me, I can ad nothing. :)

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. Aristotle
Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow. Plato..
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives" Jackie Robinson
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 24, 2011 - 2:35AM #5
Annie_alive

The Goddess of Mother Earth has been patiently waiting for me until I am ready for Her embrace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 27, 2011 - 10:17PM #6
Milltank

Ok, that makes sense to me, I  thank you guys for your response and hope that we can be friends or friendly to each other even though we have a different religion. BTW, what;s Jainism?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Aug 28, 2011 - 4:39PM #7
Sacrificialgoddess

Aug 27, 2011 -- 10:17PM, Milltank wrote:

Ok, that makes sense to me, I  thank you guys for your response and hope that we can be friends or friendly to each other even though we have a different religion. BTW, what;s Jainism?

Intro to Jainism: www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/jainism...

Dark Energy. It can be found in the observable Universe. Found in ratios of 75% more than any other substance. Dark Energy. It can be found in religious extremists, in cheerleaders. To come to the conclusion that Dark signifies mean and malevolent would define 75% of the Universe as an evil force. Alternatively, to think that some cheerleaders don't have razors in their snatch is to be foolishly unarmed.

-- Tori Amos
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 04, 2012 - 1:22AM #8
Sistermadwolf

Well there's your answer.  According to what you posted, you didn't pick God.  God picked you.  Believe it or not, it's that same pronciple.

html_removed
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Nov 05, 2012 - 6:29PM #9
Aka_me

Nov 4, 2012 -- 1:22AM, Sistermadwolf wrote:

Well there's your answer.  According to what you posted, you didn't pick God.  God picked you.  Believe it or not, it's that same pronciple.

html_removed

a homeless person on the street called out to me... and I said "you must be a god, I will worship you because you picked me".

believe it or not, it's that same principle.

if you don't believe the CIA controls the media, then it's only through WILLFUL ignorance of the information openly available to you. who shot himself in the head TWICE before a new book was released. the corruption is bleeping sick!
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  Jan 02, 2013 - 5:32AM #10
Karma_yeshe_dorje

The Belief-o-Matic quiz said that I was Pagan. So I joined the nearest Pagan group.

Milltank:

Please take that test.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook