Switch to Forum Live View The Plagiarism Charge
3 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2011 - 11:20AM #1
Dconklin
I finally finished my study on the plagiarism claim.  I could use some help on what to say in the email I want to send out (I can do the reseach and find the answer, just don't ask me to write it up!):

Plagiarism and Church Growth

I am sending you an email promoting my ebook on the plagiarism issue (for sale for $20).

Attached is a copy of the Table of Contents--the whole book runs 424 pages (each page is 8.5 by 11).

The bad news is that the plagiarism claim against Ellen G. White is alive and well.  There are many web sites trumpeting the claim and just last week a poster on a forum made repeated posts on this issue.  The good news is that we now have the kind of study that Dr. Veltman (back in 1988) recommended that shows that Ellen G. White was NOT a plagiarist.  This study looked at 200 authors to see how they handled the borrowing of material.  The critics have yet to do even one chapter in this manner.

It is a well-known fact that for every two people we baptize into the SDA church, one leaves.  In part this is because they have heard of the claims of the critics (one of which is the plagiarism claim) and they sounded believable.  This study shows that the critics who have made the claim didn’t know what they were talking about and worse, that they didn’t know that they didn’t know.  It also reveals numerous others lies that the critics have told about Ellen G. White.  This should, in part, help inoculate them against any more claims that the critics make.

This study shows that the critics are illogical and are irrational in making their unfounded claims.  It shows that while the critics confidently trumpeted their claim of plagiarism the claim didn’t have a leg to stand on.  It shows what kind of study they should have done (and none of them have ever done one like this) in order to prove their claim.  The bibliography alone (over 120 pages–somewhat annotated) shows the amount of research that one needed to do to speak knowledgeably about this subject--most of the critics on the web simply cut-and-paste from one of the many anti-EGW websites.  Some anti-EGW websites have taken their material down off the web when I showed them that they are wrong on some points.

The Bible says two things:

1) Come now let us reason together
2) There is a way that seemeth right unto a man but the ends thereof are of death.

This tells us that Christianity reflects part of the nature of God in that it is reasonable, rational, logical and is based on reality.  While man-made religions (all false religions) are the opposite: unreasonable, irrational, illogical and are based on fictitious beliefs.  They insult your intelligence and only in Christianity can you be all you can be (and more!  You are called to be sons and daughters of the living God.).
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2011 - 3:54PM #2
sincerly

Jul 30, 2011 -- 11:20AM, Dconklin wrote:

I finally finished my study on the plagiarism claim.  I could use some help on what to say in the email I want to send out (I can do the reseach and find the answer, just don't ask me to write it up!):

Plagiarism and Church Growth

I am sending you an email promoting my ebook on the plagiarism issue (for sale for $20).

Attached is a copy of the Table of Contents--the whole book runs 424 pages (each page is 8.5 by 11).

The bad news is that the plagiarism claim against Ellen G. White is alive and well.

Hi David, Best of success with your "study"/"work". I agree; Erroneous claims are believed and adhered to more readily than "Truth". From what is seen on these forums, 2Tim.4:3-4 is here and now. Those  "itchy ears" are fully atuned to "fables".

You may do better with seminars /and CD's. to get local Churches to address the issue with new converts at the time of their doctrinal studies prior to Baptism.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 30, 2011 - 4:15PM #3
Dconklin

I'm not a speaker and I won't get invited when they haven't even heard of the study in the 1st place.

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook