Switch to Forum Live View With utmost respect
3 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2011 - 10:07PM #1
Theraptureissoonerthenwethink1
Hi, my name is Klauss and I am a Born-Again Christian. Lately I have come to have a lot of respect for the Baha'i faith, I have been doing a little research on the Baha'i faith and like what I see so far. However I might disagree with a few things of the Baha'i Faith, I do think y'all have your heart in the right place. I want to get to know more about the Baha'i Faith, I just love studying different religions and lately I have been very intrigued to know more about how y'all do worship and I would like to know more about this great religion. What do Baha'i's believe on different issues and how things are practiced within the Baha'i community.? Thank you and may you all have peace.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 19, 2011 - 12:38AM #2
Aka_me

Jul 18, 2011 -- 10:07PM, Theraptureissoonerthenwethink1 wrote:

Hi, my name is Klauss and I am a Born-Again Christian. Lately I have come to have a lot of respect for the Baha'i faith, I have been doing a little research on the Baha'i faith and like what I see so far. However I might disagree with a few things of the Baha'i Faith, I do think y'all have your heart in the right place. I want to get to know more about the Baha'i Faith, I just love studying different religions and lately I have been very intrigued to know more about how y'all do worship and I would like to know more about this great religion. What do Baha'i's believe on different issues and how things are practiced within the Baha'i community.? Thank you and may you all have peace.

Hi Klauss,

once you get a Baha'i talking... they can talk till the sun comes up.

I might suggest starting with a book called Some Answered Questions.

another recommendation is to download a program called Ocean, it contains all the world's canonized scripture.

there is a near infinite number of specific questions, which makes it difficult to know which ones you have in mind.

one thing I believe is important to keep in mind... is that the Baha'i Faith in no way dimenishes the station of Jesus.

worship is the process of reading canonized scripture. this includes Baha'i scripture, New Testament scripture, Old Testament scripture, and the Koran.

there is no ritual, such as sacrament or baptism or mikvey.

We either stop Ebola now or we face an entirely unprecedented situation for which we do not have a plan.
this is absolutely fantastic as it unites the world into being OUR problem rather than THEIR problem.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 21, 2011 - 7:28AM #3
compx2

I came to the realization, while I was a Baha'i, that the people of all religions that I respect the most are the ones who do not believe they have a monopoly on truth.  There are myriad quotes from the Baha'i Writings that show Baha'is that we are the ones responsible for our own reasonable nature, our own spiritual growth, our own actions, the example we show to God and His creatures.

Baha'is, like members of every other religion, will resist this interpretation of my Faith, and claim that if you are a member of the Baha'i Faith you have a leg up over members of other religions, but I disagree.

Whatever religion, philosophy, creed, logic or superstition which makes people into better people is a religion, philosophy, creed etc that came from the One True God.

The only test of God's Truth is the betterment of people.  We must become distinguished for loving humanity, for unity and accord, for love and justice (from Baha'i pilgrim's notes),

I wish you the best in your efforts to better yourself.  In that way you better your surroundings. --Kent

Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook