Post Reply
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
3 years ago  ::  Jul 12, 2011 - 12:31AM #31
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Jul 11, 2011 -- 6:38PM, David wrote:


Jul 6, 2011 -- 3:50PM, sincerly wrote:


Jul 5, 2011 -- 11:56PM, David wrote:

  I know, I am not debating that, I know this. However, what I am debating is the nature of God to kill. That's what I disagree on. God will not kill. I mean, if he wants to kill, why kill Satan's worshippers like the book says he will, why not just kill somebody nobody cares about? Why kill Satan's angels and followers? Satan cares about those people! 




And just who would that be??????? Ezek.33:11, "Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?"  That refers to every human being. 



Steve erkel and pee wee herman!



When the "Whosoever" genuinely TURNS FROM THEIR WICKEDNESS TO OBEDIENCE---BELIEVEING IN JESUS SHED BLOOD FOR THEIR ATONING SACRIFICE they are given LIFE Eternal.  

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 16, 2011 - 10:46PM #32
andrewcyrus
Posts: 4,253

Jun 17, 2011 -- 1:51PM, Oxfordmovement wrote:


Wassup, peeps?!

It's been a long while, but I'm sure no one has forgotten the comedic styling of Aveverumcorpus!  I hope you guys are doing well and still working your way to heaven via Ellen White. 

Probably won't linger around this site much, as I can see it's about as happening as watching paint dry.  Oh, for the old days when this board was alive with frolic!

I do have a concern that I would like some answers on, and I'm sure you can give me some valuable insights regarding it:

Currently, there is a television commercial running in southern California sponsored by the San Manuel Indian tribe.  The commercial shows the newest health center that they gave to Loma Linda Medical Center and the good work it will do in the community.  It shows the property, as well as a faux (?) doctor and nurse (assumed to SDAs) as a narrator goes on about their gift to Loma Linda and the good the tribe is doing for the general community.

At first, one must applaud their kidness and wonderful present, but, upon closer scrutinty, we must ask ourselves, "Where did this money to build this health center come from?"

You see, this Indian tribe operates a very sucessful CASINO and ajacent hotel.  The majority of their earnings come from (gasp!) GAMING! 

It would appear that the money, that was originally brought in through sinful (but exciting!) gambling, was used to build this health center!

If this is true, why are the Adventists turning a blind eye to this and accepting tainted, dirty, filthy (but exciting!) lucre, from the Indians? 

It seems that the sect believes and says one thing out of it's mouth, but looks the other way when it benefits them.

I cannot be sure, nor verify, also, that they are in the tobacco business.  If so, it would be a double whammy and even more probematic.

Thoughts?





A perverted low flying piece of online trash.


Get a life and repent before JESUS returns.



Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 18, 2011 - 6:13PM #33
Oxfordmovement
Posts: 5

Hi, Andy,


Always nice to hear from you, too.


I just wanted you to know that I'm still praying for you, even though Ellen White says that God doesn't hear the prayers of non-Adventist Christians.


I'm praying that God will take away your mental illness that you are racked with.  I pray that you will find peace and healing.


I hope you will be able to find that peace that comes through Christ.


And rembember, Andy: Love is stronger than hate.


Blessings.  Ave.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 1:22PM #34
David
Posts: 1,042

Jul 18, 2011 -- 6:13PM, Oxfordmovement wrote:


Hi, Andy,


Always nice to hear from you, too.


I just wanted you to know that I'm still praying for you, even though Ellen White says that God doesn't hear the prayers of non-Adventist Christians.


I'm praying that God will take away your mental illness that you are racked with.  I pray that you will find peace and healing.


I hope you will be able to find that peace that comes through Christ.


And rembember, Andy: Love is stronger than hate.


Blessings.  Ave.




Wow, Ave, that is awfully big of you, I didn't know people outside the Adventist faith could be so christ like, although you DID call him mentally ill. He just hates sin, that's all, nothing wrong with that, right? I mean, when you attack his faith like that, saying he holds Ellen's writings above the Bible which isn't even true. Instead of loving sin, hate it. Don't love to drink or spread lies about people. Drinking is for the world. Not for christians. And he doesn't hold Ellen's writings over the Bible. Why love sin and show love for sin, it's a disease, right? There is no good seed in sin; lying, cheating, making fun of people, tricking people, being mishceivous, drinking, smoking cigs and weed, fighting, it's all lame and boring, right? No fun to be had in it? Why show love for it and spread lies and deceit?Why show compassion for sin, ammirite? Why understand it, why take a liking to it, you agree? Why overcome sin with love, hate it, because if you love it, you'll do it.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 1:35PM #35
David
Posts: 1,042

Jun 23, 2011 -- 12:59PM, sincerly wrote:


Jun 22, 2011 -- 5:05PM, David wrote:


Jun 21, 2011 -- 11:40PM, sincerly wrote:


Jun 21, 2011 -- 9:00PM, David wrote:

Luke 16 v5-9


 


ME: Wow, cool, he actually has a good thing to say about people of the world. Alright, it's about time!


 


 Mat 25v26


ME:  yeah, that's a good important and meaningful verse. I definitely know for sure that when I was an adventist, all the information i had I shared and made more of the knowledge than I originally had.


MAT 18V11


ME: yeah, I know this verse, God cares more of the one lost sheep than the whole flock, again, a good verse.


Luke 19v10


ME: Well, I'm not exactly unpleased with who I am and how I live, I'm really quite happy. I like my lifestyle and feel lost in no way. I am definitely not weeping and gnashing my teeth, and I am happy and fulfilled.




 


Hi David, Your ability to comprehend the correct context of those verses makes your exegesis the reason Jesus said the blind was leading the blind.




Hi Sincerely. What  is exegesis? I looked it up in the dictionary, but it wasn't there.  I think you are complementing me because you said my ability to comprehend the correct context of that verse so thank you, I appreciate it, however, what is that blind leading the blind thing about?


















ex·e·ge·sis


noun \ˌek-sə-ˈjē-səs, ˈek-sə-ˌ\

plural ex·e·ge·ses\-ˈjē-(ˌ)sēz\


Definition of EXEGESIS





: exposition, explanation; especially : an explanation or critical interpretation of a text









Related to EXEGESIS








David, if you still have a problem understanding what I wrote, let me know.


















Oh I get it, you wasn't complementing me, you were mocking me! Then what is the correct way to comprehend that verse and who are you to say it was wrong?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 22, 2011 - 2:11PM #36
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Jul 22, 2011 -- 1:35PM, David wrote:

 Oh I get it, you wasn't complementing me, you were mocking me! Then what is the correct way to comprehend that verse and who are you to say it was wrong?



To the contrary, I wasn't mocking you, but was trying to get you to understand your mis-application of scriptures. It is your choice to either agree that the HOLY SPIRIT gives correct messages of to refuse to believe.


Which verse are you referring to by that Question?  The twisting of the context doesn't make it so. It is the context which brings the TRUTH into focus.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 24, 2011 - 9:04PM #37
David
Posts: 1,042

Jul 22, 2011 -- 2:11PM, sincerly wrote:


Jul 22, 2011 -- 1:35PM, David wrote:

 Oh I get it, you wasn't complementing me, you were mocking me! Then what is the correct way to comprehend that verse and who are you to say it was wrong?



To the contrary, I wasn't mocking you, but was trying to get you to understand your mis-application of scriptures. It is your choice to either agree that the HOLY SPIRIT gives correct messages of to refuse to believe.


Which verse are you referring to by that Question?  The twisting of the context doesn't make it so. It is the context which brings the TRUTH into focus.




Just take a look at the old thread. You'll see there the verses posted. It's in post 9.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 2:35AM #38
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Jul 24, 2011 -- 9:04PM, David wrote:

  Just take a look at the old thread. You'll see there the verses posted. It's in post 9.



Here is that post :

Luke 16 v5-9  ME: Wow, cool, he actually has a good thing to say about people of the world. Alright, it's about time!


Mat 25v26  ME: yeah, that's a good important and meaningful verse. I definitely know for sure that when I was an adventist, all the information i had I shared and made more of the knowledge than I originally had.


MAT 18V11 ME: yeah, I know this verse, God cares more of the one lost sheep than the whole flock, again, a good verse.


Luke 19v10 ME: Well, I'm not exactly unpleased with who I am and how I live, I'm really quite happy. I like my lifestyle and feel lost in no way. I am definitely not weeping and gnashing my teeth, and I am happy and fulfilled.



Sincerly's reply: """"Hi David, Your ability to comprehend the correct context of those verses makes your exegesis the reason Jesus said the blind was leading the blind""""


Therefore, my reasoning for the statement. Luke 16:5-9,  the unjust steward used the "wisdom" of the world to his advantage. However, there is TRUE justice to come at that last day before the throne of GOD.


Matt.25:26, this "servant"was thinking of his interset rather than using his talents(given by GOD) for the good of his(claimed) master.


Matt.18:11, Jesus cares for all, it is the one in destress that needs immedient attention.


 Luke 19:10, When one has "tasted" of the revealed life promised one will gnash their teeth upon losing the opportunity of its reality.


An enlightment of the Scriptural Truths allows one to guide another through the "gross darkness of unbelief".


BTW, I noticed that I had not read #8  First, apology accepted and forgivess given.


Second,  Judas accepted his "reward"/earnings and because he later brought it back and cast it before the Chief Priest and elders didn't negate the fact it was his.  The Men then bought the Potter's field to bury people.  Therefore, As Peter said, Judas was buried within the field his betrayal money had purchased.


 

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 25, 2011 - 7:41PM #39
David
Posts: 1,042

Jul 25, 2011 -- 2:35AM, sincerly wrote:


Jul 24, 2011 -- 9:04PM, David wrote:

  Just take a look at the old thread. You'll see there the verses posted. It's in post 9.



Here is that post :

Luke 16 v5-9  ME: Wow, cool, he actually has a good thing to say about people of the world. Alright, it's about time!


Mat 25v26  ME: yeah, that's a good important and meaningful verse. I definitely know for sure that when I was an adventist, all the information i had I shared and made more of the knowledge than I originally had.


MAT 18V11 ME: yeah, I know this verse, God cares more of the one lost sheep than the whole flock, again, a good verse.


Luke 19v10 ME: Well, I'm not exactly unpleased with who I am and how I live, I'm really quite happy. I like my lifestyle and feel lost in no way. I am definitely not weeping and gnashing my teeth, and I am happy and fulfilled.



Sincerly's reply: """"Hi David, Your ability to comprehend the correct context of those verses makes your exegesis the reason Jesus said the blind was leading the blind""""


Therefore, my reasoning for the statement. Luke 16:5-9,  the unjust steward used the "wisdom" of the world to his advantage. However, there is TRUE justice to come at that last day before the throne of GOD.


Matt.25:26, this "servant"was thinking of his interset rather than using his talents(given by GOD) for the good of his(claimed) master.


Matt.18:11, Jesus cares for all, it is the one in destress that needs immedient attention.


 Luke 19:10, When one has "tasted" of the revealed life promised one will gnash their teeth upon losing the opportunity of its reality.


An enlightment of the Scriptural Truths allows one to guide another through the "gross darkness of unbelief".


BTW, I noticed that I had not read #8  First, apology accepted and forgivess given.


Second,  Judas accepted his "reward"/earnings and because he later brought it back and cast it before the Chief Priest and elders didn't negate the fact it was his.  The Men then bought the Potter's field to bury people.  Therefore, As Peter said, Judas was buried within the field his betrayal money had purchased.


 




I have tasted it, very much so. Many people said I was saved and had a good faith and relationship with the lord, and it was true. But no,  it doesn't make me want to gnash my teeth because I like Satan and his angels' way of life much better.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Jul 26, 2011 - 7:17PM #40
sincerly
Posts: 4,049

Jul 25, 2011 -- 7:41PM, David wrote:

  I have tasted it, very much so. Many people said I was saved and had a good faith and relationship with the lord, and it was true. But no,  it doesn't make me want to gnash my teeth because I like Satan and his angels' way of life much better.



David, in this lifetime, the allurements of the world do "taste good" and "seems pleasurable", but the "gnashing of teeth" comes when the Judge at the end of the world carries out the known "reward for disobedience"---death, rather than that which could have been ones by obedience---Life Eternal.

Peace,   Sincerly.      As long as sin is practiced, one will search for a means to validate the continuing therein. ANON

The greatest want of the world is the want of men--men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true and honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty as the needle to the pole, men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.---- ANON  (Ellen G. White. 1882)
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Prev 1 2 3 4
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook