Post Reply
Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next
Switch to Forum Live View Was Adam 90 feet tall? Really?
3 years ago  ::  May 10, 2011 - 11:43PM #51
MMarcoe
Posts: 14,715

May 6, 2011 -- 2:42PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


Response: The law of phsics is created by Allah, not Kinky.christian. So despite what the law of physics are, Allah is very capable of creating a human with a physique that can withstand the law which He himself created.


No, he cannot. If he did, he would be acting inconsistently. Can Allah be inconsistent? I think not. It seems to me you are projecting your own wishes for Allah onto Allah. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me.


Your whole argument suggests that God can not create a 90 foot human being, despite claiming to be a christain who believes in an all-powerful God. This is the strangest of logic. If the God in your bible has such limitations, then that is your issue. Allah, the originator of all creation, has no difficulty in that. Simply put, your logic is based on a weak God, thus producing your weak logic. Islam confirms that such is not the case for Allah. Amazing. God (or Jesus, depending on the christian) can die and get resurrected and comeback from the dead,(despite such an act completely defying any type of physics) but God can't make a 90 foot Adam. This is simply too amusing to comprehend.

God could possibly make a 90-foot human, but that human would not be built like a modern human. The level of oxygen in the atmosphere would have to be sky-high, and gravity would have to be weaker.


God doesn't violate his own laws.





There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 12:26PM #52
BDboy
Posts: 4,567

May 10, 2011 -- 11:43PM, MMarcoe wrote:


May 6, 2011 -- 2:42PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


Response: The law of phsics is created by Allah, not Kinky.christian. So despite what the law of physics are, Allah is very capable of creating a human with a physique that can withstand the law which He himself created.


No, he cannot. If he did, he would be acting inconsistently. Can Allah be inconsistent? I think not. It seems to me you are projecting your own wishes for Allah onto Allah. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me.


Your whole argument suggests that God can not create a 90 foot human being, despite claiming to be a christain who believes in an all-powerful God. This is the strangest of logic. If the God in your bible has such limitations, then that is your issue. Allah, the originator of all creation, has no difficulty in that. Simply put, your logic is based on a weak God, thus producing your weak logic. Islam confirms that such is not the case for Allah. Amazing. God (or Jesus, depending on the christian) can die and get resurrected and comeback from the dead,(despite such an act completely defying any type of physics) but God can't make a 90 foot Adam. This is simply too amusing to comprehend.

God could possibly make a 90-foot human, but that human would not be built like a modern human. The level of oxygen in the atmosphere would have to be sky-high, and gravity would have to be weaker.


God doesn't violate his own laws.








 


>>>>>>>MM


I have been Muslim all my life but this never came up. That does not make it untrue [ I was not there to tell you otherwise], however it does make it unimportant issue as far as Islam is concern.


Peace.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 2:09PM #53
loveontheair
Posts: 4,043

Hello,


 


If one wants to believe that Noah was 90 feet tall knock your self out. Splitting hairs over a comical issue is nonsense. Many still live in the 7th century so it's not surprising. Nephilim are mentioned in the Word but this has nothing to do with Noah.


 


love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 2:42PM #54
BDboy
Posts: 4,567

May 11, 2011 -- 2:09PM, loveontheair wrote:


Hello,


 


If one wants to believe that Noah was 90 feet tall knock your self out. Splitting hairs over a comical issue is nonsense. Many still live in the 7th century so it's not surprising. Nephilim are mentioned in the Word but this has nothing to do with Noah.


 


love




 


>>>>>>>> You are right. The discussion was about Adam (Not Noah). Anyway this issue was raised by a non-Muslim. As far as I know this is not part of the Qur'an and not so important as a religious topic.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 4:51PM #55
loveontheair
Posts: 4,043

May 11, 2011 -- 2:09PM, loveontheair wrote:


Hello,


 


If one wants to believe that Noah was 90 feet tall knock your self out. Splitting hairs over a comical issue is nonsense. Many still live in the 7th century so it's not surprising. Nephilim are mentioned in the Word but this has nothing to do with Noah.


 


love




 


Hello,


 


Call that a typo...as I was in a hurry to leave the house. My apologies.


 


love

Good works will never produce faith, but faith will always produce good works. loveontheair
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 11, 2011 - 6:45PM #56
visio
Posts: 3,128

Sometime I wonder why there wasn't any hadith, coming out of 7th. century Arabia, post Muhammad, stating  on the length of Noah's ark.   After all, there were no lacking of comics writers importing ideas from whatever Hebrew literatures/scriptures available within the environment of the day.  Anyone with an explanation?

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2011 - 5:06PM #57
Al-Fatihah
Posts: 1,326

May 10, 2011 -- 11:43PM, MMarcoe wrote:


May 6, 2011 -- 2:42PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


Response: The law of phsics is created by Allah, not Kinky.christian. So despite what the law of physics are, Allah is very capable of creating a human with a physique that can withstand the law which He himself created.


No, he cannot. If he did, he would be acting inconsistently. Can Allah be inconsistent? I think not. It seems to me you are projecting your own wishes for Allah onto Allah. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me.


Your whole argument suggests that God can not create a 90 foot human being, despite claiming to be a christain who believes in an all-powerful God. This is the strangest of logic. If the God in your bible has such limitations, then that is your issue. Allah, the originator of all creation, has no difficulty in that. Simply put, your logic is based on a weak God, thus producing your weak logic. Islam confirms that such is not the case for Allah. Amazing. God (or Jesus, depending on the christian) can die and get resurrected and comeback from the dead,(despite such an act completely defying any type of physics) but God can't make a 90 foot Adam. This is simply too amusing to comprehend.

God could possibly make a 90-foot human, but that human would not be built like a modern human. The level of oxygen in the atmosphere would have to be sky-high, and gravity would have to be weaker.


God doesn't violate his own laws.









Response: Allah does not violate His laws, yet there is no law by Allah which states that no person must not be 90-feet tall, thus your point has no relevance and proves nothing. Allah can also be inconsistent, yet Allah chooses not to be and there is nothing in which Allah ever states otherwise.


 

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 12, 2011 - 11:43PM #58
MMarcoe
Posts: 14,715

May 12, 2011 -- 5:06PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


May 10, 2011 -- 11:43PM, MMarcoe wrote:


May 6, 2011 -- 2:42PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


Response: The law of phsics is created by Allah, not Kinky.christian. So despite what the law of physics are, Allah is very capable of creating a human with a physique that can withstand the law which He himself created.


No, he cannot. If he did, he would be acting inconsistently. Can Allah be inconsistent? I think not. It seems to me you are projecting your own wishes for Allah onto Allah. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me.


Your whole argument suggests that God can not create a 90 foot human being, despite claiming to be a christain who believes in an all-powerful God. This is the strangest of logic. If the God in your bible has such limitations, then that is your issue. Allah, the originator of all creation, has no difficulty in that. Simply put, your logic is based on a weak God, thus producing your weak logic. Islam confirms that such is not the case for Allah. Amazing. God (or Jesus, depending on the christian) can die and get resurrected and comeback from the dead,(despite such an act completely defying any type of physics) but God can't make a 90 foot Adam. This is simply too amusing to comprehend.

God could possibly make a 90-foot human, but that human would not be built like a modern human. The level of oxygen in the atmosphere would have to be sky-high, and gravity would have to be weaker.


God doesn't violate his own laws.









Response: Allah does not violate His laws, yet there is no law by Allah which states that no person must not be 90-feet tall, thus your point has no relevance and proves nothing. Allah can also be inconsistent, yet Allah chooses not to be and there is nothing in which Allah ever states otherwise.





Did Allah ever say he could be inconsistent? I think not.


Besides, if Allah were to be inconsistent, he would be a false god.


I think you're projecting yourself onto Allah.

There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.

God is just a personification of reality, of pure objectivity.
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 13, 2011 - 5:15AM #59
BDboy
Posts: 4,567

May 11, 2011 -- 6:45PM, visio wrote:


Sometime I wonder why there wasn't any hadith, coming out of 7th. century Arabia, post Muhammad, stating  on the length of Noah's ark.   After all, there were no lacking of comics writers importing ideas from whatever Hebrew literatures/scriptures available within the environment of the day.  Anyone with an explanation?




 


>>>>>>> Because they had better and more important things to do.

Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  May 13, 2011 - 7:53PM #60
Al-Fatihah
Posts: 1,326

May 12, 2011 -- 11:43PM, MMarcoe wrote:


May 12, 2011 -- 5:06PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


May 10, 2011 -- 11:43PM, MMarcoe wrote:


May 6, 2011 -- 2:42PM, Al-Fatihah wrote:


Response: The law of phsics is created by Allah, not Kinky.christian. So despite what the law of physics are, Allah is very capable of creating a human with a physique that can withstand the law which He himself created.


No, he cannot. If he did, he would be acting inconsistently. Can Allah be inconsistent? I think not. It seems to me you are projecting your own wishes for Allah onto Allah. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me.


Your whole argument suggests that God can not create a 90 foot human being, despite claiming to be a christain who believes in an all-powerful God. This is the strangest of logic. If the God in your bible has such limitations, then that is your issue. Allah, the originator of all creation, has no difficulty in that. Simply put, your logic is based on a weak God, thus producing your weak logic. Islam confirms that such is not the case for Allah. Amazing. God (or Jesus, depending on the christian) can die and get resurrected and comeback from the dead,(despite such an act completely defying any type of physics) but God can't make a 90 foot Adam. This is simply too amusing to comprehend.

God could possibly make a 90-foot human, but that human would not be built like a modern human. The level of oxygen in the atmosphere would have to be sky-high, and gravity would have to be weaker.


God doesn't violate his own laws.









Response: Allah does not violate His laws, yet there is no law by Allah which states that no person must not be 90-feet tall, thus your point has no relevance and proves nothing. Allah can also be inconsistent, yet Allah chooses not to be and there is nothing in which Allah ever states otherwise.





Did Allah ever say he could be inconsistent? I think not.


Besides, if Allah were to be inconsistent, he would be a false god.


I think you're projecting yourself onto Allah.




Response: Did Allah(swt) say that He couldn't be inconsistent? No He has not. And since Allah(swt) has the ability to make humans with the ability to be inconsistent, ithen it is clearly within His own powers to be inconsistent. However, Allah(swt) chooses not to. Thus it would be you projecting your illogic onto Allah(swt).

Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 6 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Next
 
    Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

    Beliefnet On Facebook