Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11
Switch to Forum Live View Was Adam 90 feet tall? Really?
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:40PM #101
IDBC

Howdy Buddy,

May 2, 2012 -- 9:16AM, IDBC wrote:

Adam was 90 feet tall and humankind has decreased in size since the time of Adam. None of which goes against physics. Giants are even spoken of as existing in your very own bible and there are many archaeological discoveries to confirm the existence of giants.

May 2, 2012 -- 9:41AM, Lilwabbit wrote:

I wonder if this Adam is related to the Four Heavenly Kings of Buddhism. Granted, Vessavana (the All-Hearing), Virulhaka (He who enlarges), Dhatarattha (He who maintains) and Viruphakka (the All-Seeing) are not the first man, but their life-span is 9,000,000 years until rebirth and their approximate height of about 750 feet veritably dwarfs Adam.

Don't nobody mess with Buddhism, the atheist religion free from superstition.

Kind regards,

Wabbit

The only relation that Buddhism Sutras and Muslim Quran and Ahadiths have is superstition.  

Buddhism is not an Atheistic religion.  It is a Non-Theistic religion.   Much like modern science modern Buddhism does not deny god-gods it ignores them-it.  

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 3:57PM #102
IDBC

Howdy Visio

May  2, 2012 -- 11:06AM, visio wrote:

You could be showing me all those links to see what man discovers or what man does not discover.   The plain message of the hadith is to make Muslims go back and find out the creation story in the Al-Quran.   As far as conscious beingness is concerned the first created form and consiousness is man.  The man then to that of the Jinn (spirits) and then to that of Angels and finally end up in ALLAHswt.   Generically and without arguing too much let's assume the First Man was Adam.   Then the First Jinn was also Adam, but has taken a spiritual form.  If anyone of your (generic) ancestor had been elevated into the Jinn kingdom and decided to pay a visit to any one of his great, great, great, great grand children, then he would appear in th eimage of a man say 60, ft., 90 ft or even several hundreds feet.   And Adam did fell down from the jinn kingdom and given a grace to do it all over again.  That's when it is said he became smaller.   Isn't that simple and staright forward.   In the Kingdom of spirit Jinn male and female distinction is still recognisable and names given traceable to thier prior earthly esistence.   In the Kingdom of the Angels (paradise) not so.   If there is only an angel that can appear before you while still existing in this human form, it is your own guardian angel, which, generically represented in the Al-Quran as Gabriel.   In the case of Prophet Muhammadsaw, Gabriel appeared in the form of a man.  However, Muhammadsaw, however was never a braggard.  He never said anything how tall was Gabriel.  But from someone well grounded in this experience, the image of the man is such that one would say it is so tall and big that the whole globe is seen spinning in his stomach.  

Now, do you dig?

Have a nice thinking day!

Showing you those other links are what other Muslims believe.

If you have a different perspective about the ahadith then take it up with Al Fatiah and the other Muslims.   

You dig? 

HAVE A THINKING DAY MAY REASON GUIDE YOU
Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 02, 2012 - 5:47PM #103
visio

May 2, 2012 -- 3:57PM, IDBC wrote:

Howdy Visio

May  2, 2012 -- 11:06AM, visio wrote:

You could be showing me all those links to see what man discovers or what man does not discover.   The plain message of the hadith is to make Muslims go back and find out the creation story in the Al-Quran.   As far as conscious beingness is concerned the first created form and consiousness is man.  The man then to that of the Jinn (spirits) and then to that of Angels and finally end up in ALLAHswt.   Generically and without arguing too much let's assume the First Man was Adam.   Then the First Jinn was also Adam, but has taken a spiritual form.  If anyone of your (generic) ancestor had been elevated into the Jinn kingdom and decided to pay a visit to any one of his great, great, great, great grand children, then he would appear in th eimage of a man say 60, ft., 90 ft or even several hundreds feet.   And Adam did fell down from the jinn kingdom and given a grace to do it all over again.  That's when it is said he became smaller.   Isn't that simple and staright forward.   In the Kingdom of spirit Jinn male and female distinction is still recognisable and names given traceable to thier prior earthly esistence.   In the Kingdom of the Angels (paradise) not so.   If there is only an angel that can appear before you while still existing in this human form, it is your own guardian angel, which, generically represented in the Al-Quran as Gabriel.   In the case of Prophet Muhammadsaw, Gabriel appeared in the form of a man.  However, Muhammadsaw, however was never a braggard.  He never said anything how tall was Gabriel.  But from someone well grounded in this experience, the image of the man is such that one would say it is so tall and big that the whole globe is seen spinning in his stomach.  

Now, do you dig?

Have a nice thinking day!

Showing you those other links are what other Muslims believe.

If you have a different perspective about the ahadith then take it up with Al Fatiah and the other Muslims.   

You dig? 

Howdy, IDBC,

Thank you for the flower.   It looks like that one which blooms after a storm.

Al-Fatiah?  or do you mean Al-Fatihah?

If it is Al-Fatihah, or anyone else, I don't think I have to strecth myself other than what I write and explain.   I believe that they have all the ALLAHswt's given tools to verify those explanation for themselves.  This hadith was part and parcel of that One God/ALLAHswt promised help of clarifying what Muhammadsaw had earlier narrated in the Al-Quran.

Al-Qiyamah 75 :  16-19   Move not your tongue concerning (the Quran, O Muhammadsaw) to make haste therewith.   It is for Us to collect it and give it to you the ability to recite it.   And when We have recited it to you, then follow its recital.   Then it is for Us to make it clear.

The clarification followed later, in the form of "spiitual/supernatural" vision.  

Quick Reply
Cancel
2 years ago  ::  May 03, 2012 - 1:59AM #104
Lilwabbit

Howdy Buddy,

May 2, 2012 -- 3:40PM, IDBC wrote:

Much like modern science modern Buddhism does not deny god-gods it ignores them-it.  

I know it doesn't belong to this board, but what is modern Buddhism? Who practices it and how come those who pray for the protection of the Four Heavenly Kings are not modern?

Kind regards,

LilWabbit

"All things have I willed for you, and you too, for your own sake."
Quick Reply
Cancel
Page 11 of 11  •  Prev 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook