Switch to Forum Live View Divide and Rule tactics by evangelicals in India
3 years ago  ::  Apr 01, 2011 - 11:00AM #1
gangajal
This is a new blog by Rajiv Malhotra on evangelical tactics in India to convert Hindus:

www.huffingtonpost.com/rajiv-malhotra/how-evangelists-are-inven_b_841606.html
Quick Reply
Cancel
3 years ago  ::  Sep 13, 2011 - 7:57AM #2
river8101

I read your link. Evangelist are all over the place.  Here in the US too.  Do your best to ignore them.  One of my grandchildren was adopted from India.  And my daughter-in-law and her parents are Indian as well, though all are citizens of US today. Her parents live in India part of the year. My daughter in law's mom and I are good friends. I enjoy attending the pujas.  Love the chants.   Last summer they all vacationed in India, and I have their album on Facebook in case anyone's interested.  They had a great time.  It looks so beautiful.

Concerning your posts about evangelists, if you'll pardon my expression, they can be a bit of a nuscience even in the US.  Many raise enormous amount of money by scaring their followers that they can't go to heaven without him and will end up in hell.  There is much speculation and agreement by anthropologists and historians concerning the earliest writings that have been found about Jesus in the New Testament. Though the authors of the gospels claim they were written in Judaea-Israel when Jesus was alive, no manuscripts about him were ever found in Israel or in the Judaean language where the authors of the gospels supposedly lived. Neither have any writings by Jesus himself ever been found. Though the New Testament claims friends and followers of Jesus wrote the gospels during his lifetime in Israel none of those early written texts by his followers  have ever been found, and not for want of trying. None of the gospels were dated during that period nor could any be found in Jesus' language.  Therefore we cannot know whether the stories of Jesus (in the gospels) were true, partly true, legends, myths, or allegory.  

“Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject.”
Quick Reply
Cancel

Viewing this thread :: 0 registered and 1 guest
    No registered users viewing
    Advertisement

Beliefnet On Facebook